Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors prevail once again

Comments

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

we recover from certain actions 0.3 seconds faster. wow how game changing (sarcasm, this changed literally nothing).

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

But they overnerfed it because it actually made camping unviable now it is still viable. They could change it being 60s pause with only one time use per hook state

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I hate to have to tell people so much stuff they try not to bring up, but if the killer objective was faster than the survivors objective wouldn’t survivor almost always lose?

How did survivors prevail this update when Wesker’s buffs were specifically meant to nerf vaulting behind Wesker after he vaults?

DBD is balanced around a 2 kill game and for that to work kill rates would need to be atleast 60% not 50%, if the killer’s objective of finding, downing, hooking, and killing survivors was faster then the kill rate would spike up immensely, and the survivor “rage quitting” part actually won’t come up for devs as the match is discarded entirely, so survivors rage quitting does absolutely nothing, but killing themselves on hook usually does

Camping is a problem in mainly solo queue, hence why bhvr is taking such actions to hit it down camping, its good as a last resort and still is, but now its actually a last resort unless you are playing a killer that is good at trading hits on hook (which is actually alot of killers)

Don’t complain over one side getting attention after the other side got alot, and this update nerfed Reassurance as well

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247

So you are not playing regulary on killer side, you have low MMR, you play against newbies, and you declare that it is way much more easier then survivor side? Nice argument

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

I bet you're one of the Pig players that crouch tunnel survivors with the trap on. Gotta get my 1k.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

No definitely not, not in my opinion.

I guess it does depend on your team, which is where we cricle right back to classic solo queue problems, especially bad teammates, but also the lack of information that solo survivors sometimes have. But me not being on a gen is definitely worth it if it means the survivor can survive another 30 seconds on a hook, because that also gives my two team mates both an extra 30 seconds to repair on gens.

And then, at the end, if no other survivor has gone for the save, I will just try and sacrifice myself. So mathematically, it will definitely be worth it. Unless maybe I am at the other side of the map. I just think it's such a shame it got nerfed at all, and in the wrong way. I wouldn't mind the nerf if they would have increased the range to 12 or even 16 or 18 meters though, but as it stands, the nerf was just completely unnecessary.

But to be fair, this update is adding so many good changes, that I can't get too mad at it. I was really mad at first, but after seeing all the fantastic changes to Wesker, and him not getting overbuffed, which I was a bit scared about after seeing all the ridiculous buff suggestions on these forums, and the anti-tunneling mechanic being buffed, I am generally pretty damn happy with this update.

Though I 100% still want baseline camping nerfs. As happy as I am about the buff to the anti-tunneling mechanic, which is even more than I excpected and hoped for, hook phase duration still needs to be inrceased to 70 seconds, and hook grabs need to be removed. Those nerfs would really help survivors deal with the crappy tactic that camping is in a proper and fair way, and it wouldn't nerf killers too hard in any way either. 70 seconds surely wouldn't be enough to free survivors from too much pressure to unhook. But that plus the removal of hook grabs would definitely help survivors with countering camping. Then the nerf to Reassurance wouldn't bug me nearly as much either.

If BHVR simply did that, DBD would actually be in the best state it's ever been, in my opinion. Killers would be viably in a fair way when playing normally, but camping and tunneling wouldn't be as viable anymore, and survivors would have a better chance at winning against those strategies. And the buff to the anti-tunneling mechanic really shows that BHVR is listening, and interested in balancing this game properly.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233
    edited August 2022

Survivors can now walk out the exit gate free if they get unhooked w/ BT unless you're one of the strongest killers seems fair.

• OldIronKing
    OldIronKing Member Posts: 67

Why does this forum seem to be full of survivor mains who only want BHVR to buff survivors and killer mains who want BHVR to only buff killers? Maybe because I actually play both I can understand the arguments from both sides.

If they increased the base BT it is because they didn't think it was long enough (which it wasn't). The new DS stun isn't long enough either, I have time to M1 with Huntress after a DS it is that pointless.

If they add a one-time use for Reassurance, it is likely because survivors can exploit it, or they don't want people trolling survivors they don't like by keeping them on the hook forever.

If they lower the number of pallets on new RPD it's probably because there are too many pallets on the dang map.

This "BHVR is survivor/killer sided" is completely nonsensical and childish. They need both sides to be happy for their game to continue to be successful they just aren't omniscient superhumans.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Killers: buffed 10% for 0.3 seconds

Survivors: buffed 100% for +5 seconds (and +3% haste)

Circle of Healing: untouched

Yup. That's how balance works.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

As I’ve mentioned to other people on these forums, I don’t care about shaming or the survivor’s handbook. I play to win, if that means proxy camping when the other survivors are hiding, then I’ll do that, and people can just deal with it.

Punishing camping isn’t addressing WHY killers tunnel, it’s just trying to discourage killers from tunneling. We were told BHVR would address WHY killers tunnel, and they haven’t done that yet.

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319

But my point is directly addressing your complaint. You said BHVR doesn’t want killers finding survivors after hooking. Your complaint is that it’s too hard to find survivors, yet there are a 100 ways to find survivors, including BBQ which is literally the exact perk you want. So exactly what causes tunnelling, other than your own laziness?

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335

Alright, a 5th perk slot for survivors. Let's see how many killer players stick around after the Wesker excitement fades.

• Coffeecrashing

I already said I play to win, so I’ll tunnel if it helps me win.

If BHVR doesn’t want killers to be able to more easily find survivors after someone is hooked, then they haven’t addressed WHY killers camp and tunnel.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

How about looking for them on gens...? You don't need to be shown exactly where they are to have an idea of where they might be.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Imo bt should be lowered to an extra 5s

As 15s is the sweet spot imo instead of 20, 20 is a bit too long

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

So are we just not going to talk about Floods of Rage? Or Darkness Revealed? Or other informational perks like Thrilling Tremors or Discordance? How about Surveillance or Call of Brine? There are plenty of perks that motivate you to leave the hook.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Honestly I'm just here watching the fight between the groups.

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 190

Kindred basekit when?

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987
  • Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209

Gee if only there were a perk that did just that. If only.. too bad.

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319

Yeah, you’re a dead end. You’re some combination of whining about BBQ changing and lazy. There’s no shortage of ways to find survivors so learn how to use them. Why killers camp and tunnel - because it’s easier than going and finding new survivors. If you expect them to ‘address’ that, good luck. That’s the inherent problem of camping and tunnelling: it’s easy. Thus human nature and the bell curve will mean most players will camp and tunnel. It won’t be resolved until they adopt the pyramid head method for all killers or something similar that makes it easier to chase other survivors.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2022

Camping after the exit gates are powered is probably the biggest issue since that's when it is more than likely to happen. That's probably why the perk was made in the first place because so many survivors complained about camping after the exit gates were powered, that's when I get camped 100% of the time anyway.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Who cares about being camped in endgame, there's nothing else for the killer to do. Having a leatherface staring at you for minutes on end with 4/5 gens left is the thing which actually sucks

• katoptris

Literally both sides are always complaining about something.

• katoptris

Borrow time isn't required anymore to survive. Now add the location hud so I can know what my team is doing.

• katoptris

That would be me with double timer plus rancor roulette build.

• Vagab0ndCat
    Vagab0ndCat Member Posts: 80
    edited August 2022

Keep telling yourself that complete and utter bullshit bud, if it makes you sleep better at night I guess.

It has EVERYTHING to do with gen times and GOOD looping being too strong.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Yeah, the killers that camp and tunnel at 5 gens totally do it because the game is survivor sided.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    edited August 2022

I mean even if they add incentives to make killers not tunnel or camp, they still will, we have a pretty clear example of this lol.

We need to punish camping and tunnel as well as add incentives to go for 12 hooks that make it so you won't be throwing the game. only adding incentives isnt enough.

• Coffeecrashing

None of those reliably trigger when a killer hooks someone. Those perks might randomly help a killer find a survivor, but unless they go off when a killer is proxy camping, it’s not motivating the killer to leave the hook.

• My_Aespa

4/5 gens? That's pretty near endgame, and apparently a lot of survivors cared, otherwise they wouldn't have made thread after thread complaining about it. And I never said I cared about getting camped endgame, so.

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 190

Kindred basekit when?

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

This is just patently false; I wont tolerate BBQ slander here on the Dbd forums :(

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

No I mean 4/5 left to be done, so near the start of the game.

• My_Aespa
    edited August 2022

Oh sorry I thought you meant 4/5 gens done. Oh then yeah that sucks, I understand for the beginning of the game how frustrating that is. I still think though, the old Reassurance would've only spelled trouble for teammates who just wanna troll.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

It has everything to do with it. Optimal teams do not allow the killer to chase everyone. You have to camp

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

To be fair better then new did get buffed

The 6% speed increase for gens saved like 2 seconds if you instantly jumped on a gen. Losing that really didn't matter at all

New one isn't great but it is better overal

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

It went from having some very small use to having literally 0 use you're better off using Leader. And that's a tragic sentence.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Reassurance nerfed. Doesn't help Solos because now it takes more than one survivor with the perk to even punish a camper.

Killers can still count to 10 to tunnel.

Camping and Tunneling will still be a huge problem as decisive strike is still useless.

Gen times still being 90 seconds will still be an issue, especially for solos.

Wesker buffed, as usual.

Game being incredibly killer sided didn't change.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

My guess will be that my queue times will still be instant as Survivor during the whole 24 hours of a day. So the answer would be - still to many Killer players around to make the queue times bearable for Killers.

Currently Survivor Queues are still instant in the evening, which is the case since the Midchapter Patch dropped. So it was not a short period of time like some people said. And since the Change to 10 second Endurance does not do that much (since many were running OTR anyway), I guess there will still be way too many Killers around.

Even tho, strange why BHVR is still catering to them by nerfing Perks like Reassurance. They should realize that the people who are playing less are the Survivors.

(Even tho, MAYBE the Matchmaking Incentives might help the Killer Queues. But if those are on Survivor all the time, it should be pretty clear that they are the only reason why Killer Queues got better)

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, killer claimed they do it because gen times were too fast, and chases took too long.

Then the devs reduced chase times by killer buffs and survivor nerfs, and increased gen times.

The Result: more killer camping and tunneling, because you got the down earlier, and gen times where longer. It did the opposite of what killers said would happen.

the true reason why killer camp and tunnel is just: the survivor might escape otherwise.

• malibu_barbie_26
    malibu_barbie_26 Member Posts: 79

As the game progresses the areas to which survivors will be gets smaller and your chances increase on finding survivors. Its not that hard

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

I like your second point.

You just got an improved version of a perk basekit.

How long would you guess the "survivor main" needs the killer to count for it to be not "TUNNELER!!!!" anymore ?