Can we get rid of Map Offerings already?

Options

Seems like they are only used to give 1 side an advantage.

We will also be saving BP for no longer purchasing these offerings as well.

Then maybe we can see more Bloody Party Streamers in our Bloodweb.

Comments

• SpaghettiVase
    SpaghettiVase Member Posts: 341
    Options

I'd rather map offerings get a special offering slot. You'd see more variety of offerings if people didn't have to choose between map, BP, or challenge, or whatever. It would also make green ward way better and not be a gamble for a wasted offering.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

I agree. They're just useless since they make the game unfun for the opposite side. Either gens go super quick for survivors or the killer completely obliterate the survivors. No in-between. I don't think I've ever used a map offering in a year of playing this game. Maybe when I was a bit noob only a couple of times. Now I don't even think about it.

• Zolfo16
    Zolfo16 Member Posts: 479
    Options

They cannot remove them because the offerings are 90% maps. I recently made a proposal in a different thread to rework them with all the other outdated offerings.

Made purple the map offering that send in a realm with a single map.

Green if in the realm there are 2 maps

Yellow if there are 3 maps.

Create new offerings that PREVENT to go in a certain realm.

Brown for realms with 5 maps.

Yellow for realms with 2 maps.

Green for realms with a single map.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

If you have two children the fair method to split a "single" desert is a very simple rule. One child cuts the desert in half and the other picks which half they want. You will guarantee the split is always even.

Change offerings so that they are either all of the same tileset or a "similar" tileset.

Example : RPD, Lerys and midwitch are all the "indoor" tileset. If you use a RPD, Lerys or miwditch offering the other side gets to pick which map they want to play. Therefore when you use RPD as a survivor you would always be going to Midwitch - so you would not use the offering to gain an advantage. It would just be because you want to force an indoor map.

Likewise if you use a farm map offering then the killer will always pick Abattoir as it is the smallest and "least bad" farm map.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 905
    Options

But how comp players will put macmilian estate because they just play on thin map?

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

My group always uses map offerings. We cycle them so, that we don't play same map twice in a row. We don't really change our builds specifically for some maps. The idea is basically to not go to lerys, midwitch or RPD (even if I personally like RPD).

Don't take away my map offerings. Or at least give me option to not go into those terrible maps.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,409
    Options

The offerings would be fine if the maps were more balanced, and gave no huge benefit to a role.

That's where the focus should be imo.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options

Being allowed to choose maps is a terrible mechanic. I thought the same for Friday the 13th. No one needs to stack the deck that much in their favor. Random chance is always fair.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Which is an impossible goal to achieve, hence why the game would in practice be better off if map offerings were removed entirely.

• Pyrosorc
    Pyrosorc Member Posts: 202
    Options

They're also inherently unbalanced because survivors get to bring 4 offerings while killer only gets to bring 1, while frankly the killer's game experience is more heavily impacted by the map.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Map offerings would be fine if all maps were balanced, but they’re not.

So they should either be disabled (and re-enabled one at a time as each map is balanced), or reversed (so the offering reduces the chance of the map RNG sending players there).

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

Unfortunately map offerings need to stay for a few reasons.

1. While randomness sometimes works, that means sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes you roll the dice 3 times in a row and all three times it comes up 2. When you get the same map multiple times sometimes you just wanna not get that map again.

2. Archive challenges sometimes are easier on certain maps. Gotta break/drop a bunch of pallets? Load up the meat plant. Gotta use Balanced Landing? Load up a map with guaranteed drops

3. Some builds definitely require them, trust me when I say its really unfun playing jumpscare Myers on shelter woods.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Map offerings should prevent you from going to a certain realm rather than guarantee it.