BBQ and Chili indirect nerf

Options
I'll go right to the point.

As you all know lockers will now deny the killer's reading aura abilities.
The only perk that will be affected and suffer from this change is BBQ and Chili. This is because all other aura reading perks require the survivor to do something. Take Nurse calling for example or even Territorial Imperative. Both of those perks require that a survivor does some kind of action, which the survivor cant do if he's inside a locker. Therefore the only perk that'll be affected by this new mechanic will be BBQ. This is thanks to the new pick up animation which will give survivors enough time to hide inside a locker.

This nerf will not just affect killers, it will hurt survivors as well.
I personally dont run this perk as killer, but I know some killers depend on it and allways run it.
Some killers will even be in the need of camping because they wont have a clue on where to look to catch other survivors.

I personally think that this change is pretty bad and is nerfing a perk that didnt need to be touched because it allready has many other counters to it.

I just made this post to see if Im the only one who thinks this is a bad change and should be removed from the game. If there is more people who think this is an unnecessary change and should be removed from the game this is the time to let the devs know before everyone just forgets about It and BBQ ends up collecting dust.

Comments

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

Good, Its boring playing against the same perk every single game.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

I am already looking forward to the mass of complains about camping.^^

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Master said:

I will still run BBQ for double BP.
    Who cares about some survivor tears because of a lil camping. Not my fault if they wanna get the incentive against camping nerfed. Thats their fault, now they can deal with it :lol:

@powerbats has a phenomenal idea about how to change BBQ and make it do it's job. Basically, make it show the survivor's aura when they're within 24/32/40 meters to the hooked survivor. The numbers can be changed if it's proven to be too OP but you get the point.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2018
    Options

It was added in because the devs want Survivor mains to have an easy game with no problems at all. Look at what they did for farming and camping. Unhook i-frames and Breakdown both solve those problems, but they punish the Killer instead of punishing the farmer/giving the Killer an incentive to not camp (they even had kobe i-frames, basically encouraging Survivors to kobe in the Killer's face for the memes). BBQ also had multiple ways to counter it and it was an incentive for Killers to not camp, but the devs gave in to all the whining and nerfed the perk by buffing lockers and adding Distortion. I honestly hope that the locker buff, Breakdown, and Distortion backfire so bad that patch 2.5.0 contains major nerfs for those things.

• IsmaelWTD
    IsmaelWTD Member Posts: 42
    Options
    I think that instead of removing the lockers feature, survivor's auras should appear on top of the gen, the chance of hidding behind gens should no longer be a thing, so they use lockers and Iron Maiden is viable, because who in the hell will even bother to enter in a locker lmao
  • Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296
    Options

the locker buff should really be reverted it was not needed and has bad features for both sides

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    edited December 2018
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@CornChip said:
    Good, Its boring playing against the same perk every single game.

cough cough DS cough cough * self-care *cough cough SB cough cough Someone get me some water already!

I argee with you mate. I don't use those perks because i hate walking, don't like DS and i bring a medkit lol.

I want the meta to change on both sides to keep the game fresh overall. Every game its mostly the same perks. Snoozefest.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    Options
    I’m glad BBQ got some kind of nerf. You see it in almost every build. It’s like pre-nerf brutal strength. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    I’m glad BBQ got some kind of nerf. You see it in almost every build. It’s like pre-nerf brutal strength. 

But why is it only killer perks that get that treatment?
    SC, SB, DS.... and BT just got a new buff instead.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options
    We dont ask for this bbq and borowed time change! Devs answer but now you got this.. 
  • Troman
    Troman Member Posts: 264
    Options

It was about time to nerf this wall-hack perk.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

DID YOU KNOW it also affects survivors reading ability against that survivor?

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options
    I love stealthy and fully immersive gameplay and I opened a thread about Distortion and its weakness: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/32740/distortion-is-unreasonably-too-weak/

But BBQ is the last of my problems, there are a lot of ways to counter it even without Distortion. About lockers, I have played a hundred games since the new patch was released and I haven't seen people running to hide inside lockers. In theory it could be a BBQ nerf, but in practice? Most people keep ignoring lockers like they did before, that's my humble experience. Have you noticed a real change?

@Milo Yes, the locker shields completely the Aura of the survivor inside.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    Troman said:

You’re absolutely right. This way, you don’t have to learn any counters. Just equip a perk to everything for you.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Troman said:

If aura reading is so powerful, how come Survivors don't use their own aura reading perks?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@Entità said:
    I love stealthy and fully immersive gameplay and I opened a thread about Distortion and its weakness: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/32740/distortion-is-unreasonably-too-weak/

But BBQ is the last of my problems, there are a lot of ways to counter it even without Distortion. About lockers, I have played a hundred games since the new patch was released and I haven't seen people running to hide inside lockers. In theory it could be a BBQ nerf, but in practice? Most people keep ignoring lockers like they did before, that's my humble experience. Have you noticed a real change?

@Milo Yes, the locker shields completely the Aura of the survivor inside.

Sandbagging has been nerfed nooooooo (i don't support this but it's funny to see this from time to time)

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

What if the killer runs BBQ and Chilli.
    And the killer see no survivor = many survivors are near

Wrong informations for killers.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Double BP man. Works for me. Plus it can still catch the odd man out.

Did you ever play the game before BBQ was added? You had to rely on your wits and that 6th sense.

But with the introduction of BBQ & Chili, it seems have to have stunted many killers. They rely on the aura to much to "not camp" and to find survivors. Served all on a silver platter.

I highly recommend playing killer without Addons or Perks, it is an experience you will appreciate.

• RinWaifu
    RinWaifu Member Posts: 41
    Options

BBQ&Chilli ######### Stealth playstyle, and the Devs notice that (after months ¬¬) this is the solution to the problem, now lockers are more useful for stealth players, and most of the survivors don't ######### care about being tracked by BBQ&Chilli, BBQ&Chilli is such a lazy desing perk, Whisper in the other hand is a well balanced perk, i really belief that game mechanics should counter game mechanics and perks should counter perks but in this case i will make a exception XD

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

You forgot bitter murmur

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@HellDescent said:
    You forgot bitter murmur

Nah, Bitter Murmur won't really be affected by the locker-aura-change. Survivors can't finish a gen and hide in the locker at the same time. ;)

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

@HellDescent said:
    You forgot bitter murmur

Nah, Bitter Murmur won't really be affected by the locker-aura-change. Survivors can't finish a gen and hide in the locker at the same time. ;)

SWF. Once 1 is dead he can see your perks. 1 on the gen 2 in a locker

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@HellDescent said:
    SWF. Once 1 is dead he can see your perks. 1 on the gen 2 in a locker

If the survs would play it that way, I would have nothing against it. I see a surv's aura, I go after them. (Can't take care of 2 survs at the same time anyway.)

And as a bonus, the other 2 guys are in a locker wasting their time doing nothing.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

@BeanieEnthusiast said:

But why is it only killer perks that get that treatment?
    SC, SB, DS.... and BT just got a new buff instead.

Because killers have put up with being ######### on since day 1 so they're used to be second class. Meanwhile survivors cry foul anytime they're expected to not be able to go 1 vs 1 with the killer, or when they can't bully killers anymore.
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

@bloxe said:
    The devs dont give two shits about killers. They may as well put bots to play them.

No?
    Spirit buff, exhaustion nerf, pallets nerf, trapper buff, hag buffs and next freddy rework..

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Also affects Bitter Murmur, Survivors can benefit from hiding in the locker when someone else finishes a gen. How does this change affect survivors negatively again? It's a nerf to killers and a buff to survivors, it gives me an extra option to avoid BBQ and Chili when I'm far from the killer. I welcome the change.

• Inug0d
    Inug0d Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019
    Options

Has it been nerfed points wise? I've been hooking 3-4 players and not pass from 30k and sometimes barely 25k bp unless I use bp bonus perks. Also idle players should be kicked out of game just plain and simple lately this "ranked survivors" just idle in wait after 2 gens done leaving all the work to others, at least make the crows dmg cripple the survivor somehow.

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    Options
    If you have to use BBQ and Chili to not camp then you suck butt at killer. I've won countless games without camping before BBQ&C ever came out. Camping is a crutch because you suck at chases. As a survivor I love camping killers because if it's not me being camped I can escape 9/10 times.
  • Kelmat
    Kelmat Member Posts: 30
    Options

Love you for saying this, i was about to do the same. If anyone tells you that they need to camp because they don't have wallhack, then they are not playing the game correctly.

• No1TheLarch
    No1TheLarch Member Posts: 221
    edited April 2019
    Options

Camping is bad for the game, contributes to survs not playing and therefore longer que times for killer.

@HellDescent Umm no they cannot? Do you ever play survivor?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

If y’all are complaining about lockers hiding auras then I hope you don’t complain about looping. Stealth play will probably never be viable since we have people complaining about lockers and hiding behind a gen covering your aura.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

#########? This post was made in december... How is It people keep leaving comments here? 😂

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    Options

MODS! get the shovel and bury this necro!

• Arcfang
    Arcfang Member Posts: 1
    Options

The reason freddy is getting a rework is because he absolutely needs one.... He is a complete joke to play as. The only reason people actually use him or level him up is for his perks....

• BloodyTapp
    BloodyTapp Member Posts: 108
    Options

Just buff Distortion and Sole Survivor, which block aura reading. Two problems would have been solved at once

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243
    Options

it's so blatantly obvious that most of the comments are from killer mains because BBQ is such an OP perk and getting in a locker to block the effect is the only counter to the perk aside from being an SWF team that is only focused on saving teammates and staying close by. Just run Iron Maiden with it since it's extremely OP to begin with it forces you to give up another perk slot because as someone who plays both killer and survivor I can tell you it's an unfair advantage and I typically try not to run it or NOED unless it's for a daily or I'm upset about SWF teams, lol