Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Virulent Bound Bugs

Zucker_Schock
Zucker_Schock Member Posts: 565
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

There seem to be a couple of bugs with Weskers Virulent Bound attack:

1: Server validation overrides Virulent Bound Grab (happens right after a succesful grab and cancels it).

2: At the end of a grab dash (right when you would throw a survivor) sometimes it seems like you smash or throw the survivor but they dont take damage. I believe this happened more often with the "Chalice (Gold)" addon. But i am not certain. Sometimes seeming like there would be no throw at all, just a canceled grab after the dash time runs out when a throw should start. (might be same bug as 4: or a combination of 1: and 4:)

3: It seems like if you manage to smash one survivor into a hurt survivor, the hurt survivor doesn't get downed and just deep wounded.

4: Grab gets canceled: it seems like a small height difference while dashing can cause the grab to get canceled, causing you to not damage the grabbed survivor and just drop them.

5: It can happen, that a Survivor gets thrown in such a way, that they just grace the side of a collider midair and stay in the "flying animation" stuck for a long time. It happened to me as survivor and i instantly got downed from healthy, cause the throw seemed to be successful at the end, directly followed by weskers M1. (stuck midair on the side of a low prop on the "Dead Dogs Saloon" map.) (seems pretty rare, if needed i might be able to find the clip of it happening to me.) btw. my teammates saw the same thing if that helps.

6: With an Virulent Bound attack, it seems like the distance traveled up an incline is shorter than the normal distance or down an incline.

While i am not entirely certain of all the nauances of the points i gave, it definitely seems like there are different bugs at play, causing survivors to not get hit properly. And i hope that this might help to fix some of them.

Post edited by Mandy on
7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

I just found similiar bug with virulent bound.

As a survivor trying to enter a locker (I think I fully got it on my screen, so maybe server validation is included) while being grabbed by virulent bound and smashed against (different) wall. Camera stayed locked in my locker, but my body was slamed ~8m away from me - killer picking me up and hooking me (from this point on, I am blind until match ends). Once unhooked, I can only run and duck. Can't vault, use palets, unhook, do gens, open chest (to cure myself) or heal myselft with medkit. But teammate was able to actually heal me.

• BBTschak
    BBTschak Member Posts: 12

Can confirm that some grabs get cancelled. You grab the survivor, infect them, but don't damage them. Happened to me twice in 5 matches so far and it's frustrating as it is rather difficult to hit a survivor with a grab.

• JustQerq
    JustQerq Member Posts: 4

Number 3 is intended, not a bug. Everything else I agree with, those are all bugs that I have encountered.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,119

Got 5 grabs canceled on a completely flat surface, the Survivor just got infected instead, which obviously sucks.