If Wiretap & Open Handed won't stack...

then please make the exclusion clear in the description of Wiretap

this isn't about whether they should or shouldn't stack. all i'm saying is that any time there is a perk that is an exception, it should be in the description of the perk, just so that it's obvious and clear.

"The aura reading range of Wiretap cannot be increased by any means".

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Agreed. I understand if they made them not stack because it would be too strong but that needs to be clear in-game that it doesn't work.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Wait... it doesn't?

What is the point of Open Handed if there is going to be an exceptions list? If a perk can't work with it, there's probably a problem with that perk's design, geniuses.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

This is a bug according to the wording and also according to basic game design logic.

If this is intended this is terrible game design. Honestly, I will report it in the bug section if it's not already done.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

Damn, it's just terrible game design then, to make it work on kindred but not wiretap, for absolutely no reason at all. I even think it is stronger with kindred anyway so it's not even a balance issue. It's litterally an arbitrary choice that makes zero sense?

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,042

I love how they design a perk to work like that but they decided to make them to not work with each other, seriously BHVR?

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

TFW devs don’t allow busted interaction:

But yeah, a note in-game saying it can’t be increased would be nice.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I think its because its notca "native " aura Tagung by the survivor, but faciliated by outside forces, ie the Wiretap. If you ever saw Kindred+Open Handed in action you know how busted this is. Its actually so strong that you might be tempted to let your buddy hanging on the hook.

And tapping into a somewhat out of place gen and still monitoring half the map would be pretty busted. But it's also sad that an underused perk like Open Handed gets one less opportunity to shine.

Still, I think that there should be more such restrictions as we often have this outliers that are totally busted with one killer (*cough* Nurse *cough*) but totally OK with Trapper. Or DMS+ SH:PR on Artist.. reining in the most busted options on some instances without nerfing the perk itself opens up a lot more design space