Blast mine and Ada Wong

Options

With the unnecessary nerf to blast mine, I think the generator profession should be cut in half. 33% instead of 66%, similar to wiretap. Other wise you'll likely only get to use it once IF you're lucky and/or time it right.

Also why does Ada sound so weird when she gets hooked? Almost sounds like a guy when she screams 🤣

Comments

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 404
    Options

I agree, blast mine is so bad right now.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 510
    Options

40% AND is dependant on generator completion instead of time spent repairing.

It shouldn't take 66% of 90 seconds regardless if you hit great skill checks, repairing with someone else or using perks to repair faster.

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 388
    Options

They nerfed blast mine for the same reason they nerfed Franklin's Demise when Nemesis came out.

They couldn't get the code to work where Franklin's wouldn't destroy Nemesis' injections when survivors drop it, so instead of trying to fix it they found a work around, Franklin's no longer destroys items, it drains them instead. And as the injections can work with '0 Charges', the interaction with the perk was 'fixed'.

For some reason, they couldn't find a way to separate Blast Mine from Wire Tap when it comes to joined durations, so the easier thing to do was to make it so that if they are used in tandem, they are both disabled, lessening the risk of the 2 perks bugging.

• althompson0110
    althompson0110 Member Posts: 52
    Options

I guess that makes sense but I feel in that case they should make it closer to the wire tap perk

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

If they won't revert Blastmine to its previous state they should definitely make it take 33% of gen progress to activate instead of 66%.

• Dsnooz
    Dsnooz Member Posts: 241
    Options

2/3 of a gen is too much for Blast Mine right now. 50%, 40%, 35% should all be explored.

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 388
    Options

It's just because the games base coding is old. They can try work arounds until they find fixes, or just keep the work around.