The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Legion is the new worst killer in DBD

Most loopable killer in the game, cannot down people with his power unless you use Frank's Mix Tape (a purple add-on by the way, and still need to hit people 3 times with it), mending not being a healing action ruins any good perk builds you can make, the power doesn't recharge fast enough and doesn't last long enough, too slow to chase people without his power, do I need to go on? This killer is a joke, nobody's afraid of them. This killer is a literal door mat even for the worst of survivors. Even at what this killer is supposedly good at (injuring multiple people at once), it does nothing in the long run since good survivors always split up. This is a terribly designed killer and nobody should spend money on them.

Comments

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Hear ye, Hear ye, water is wet.

• Azakura
    Azakura Member Posts: 68
    His changes have made him pretty formidable, I've played 6 games with him and gotten all 4 killed before they get more then 2 gens done. Have the screenshots for proof. Its a mistake to use his ability for kills, just like it is with the Pig. His ability gives the survivors something else to distract them from gens, on top of that you can hear them mending/being injured. Add sloppy butcher and you're easily tracking down the whole enemy team while they barely can mend themselves in time.

Every killer takes a little time to learn how to play properly.
  • Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

When you start your post by saying the most difficult killer to loop is the most loopable killer in the game, you kind of invalidate any credibility. Saying he's the most difficult killer to down survivors with would have made sense. But the most loopable killer? Obvious close minded bias is obvious.

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441

@Dehitay said:
    When you start your post by saying the most difficult killer to loop is the most loopable killer in the game, you kind of invalidate any credibility. Saying he's the most difficult killer to down survivors with would have made sense. But the most loopable killer? Obvious close minded bias is obvious.

How is he not? His power doesn't down, so you have to chase without your power at 110. You won't catch any good survivor with that slow movement speed.

• Dehitay

@Maximus7 said:

@Dehitay said:

How is he not? His power doesn't down, so you have to chase without your power at 110. You won't catch any good survivor with that slow movement speed.

Because he invalidates the gap increasing from pallets and windows. Doesn't matter how crap he is at downing survivors. He still counters looping better than any other killer except maybe Nurse. You wouldn't say cheetas are slow because they can't fly. Likewise, it doesn't matter that they can't fly; they can run fast as hell.

• Dehitay

@Blueberry said:

Ignoring pallets and windows to stab someone a lot for free also is pretty meaningless if what you're stabbing them with is a rubber spoon.

Which is why it makes perfect sense to say he's horrible at downing survivors, but still completely illogical to say he's the most loopable killer in the game.

• UltimateHit47
    UltimateHit47 Member Posts: 45

I know I’m used to Freddy and he was my main before Spirit, so this might be a bit biased but: he is definitely weaker than Freddy. He feels like he’s been nerfed since the PTB, that frenzy is so short it’s unreal.

• Soronith
    Soronith Member Posts: 4

All i hear is a bunch of babies crying because they dont have an M1 power killer or another billy, learn to play the killer instead of crying because your bad, deep wounds is meant to slow them down they need to heal it before doing anything, and then pick 1 survivor with deep wounds and slalk them, use perks so you can hear the survivors like stridor and increase your terror radiuis so they dont think they are safe, wait til the deep wounds is low enough and use frenzy to down them or let them fall cos they wont be able to mend knowing your stalking them, seriously, think about the power and stop cring becausew you have to work for your 4ks

• Soronith
    Soronith Member Posts: 4

and the changes on live are much better than ptb, deep wounds going down while mending, not overshooting pallets, longer lunge, and no double stun meaning you can chase more with frenzy, so either you cant read or refuse to learn the changes and adapt

• OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125

I would disagree. Legion is Mid-Tier and very fun to play. I am as competitive as they come, but that doesn't mean that "Sweaty" has to be the Meta for every game. I am only a few games in with this iteration of Legion but so far most of my games are 3 and 4k. Right about Pig level but with better Gen Pressure.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    edited December 2018

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    I think we're all jumping the gun a bit.

I mean he's very different, and average at best, but lets not act like he's the very worst killer ever and trash?

I mean... think about it.

I'm still very much undecided myself. I think he falls in that mid range. Or low mid. Around Pig/Leatherface... somewhere in that.

Again... 4 hours past release... it's tough to say.

What I would do is this...

give him 4.5 ms movement speed. (112%?)

Give his frenzy a slight longer duration by like 3 seconds. I think this really helps it. The design is great... just the core things might be weaker or off a bit.

I love the title, the music... the looks... the map... the perks, the names... the ideas.

The timing of his power isn't an issue at all. The cooldown, duration, speed, none of that matters cause without those add ons the power is still damn good, so good you don't even need most of those time add ons. He's not like the spirits initial release where you NEED NEEDED her power timer add ons or you'd get rekt. Thats not his issue, his issue is that even if you do use your power.....what then? There's no real risk for the survivor unless you tunnel them, you can't break away and chase other targets while the others are bleeding out they will just mend while you're chasing someone else, and as you're chasing that other person you can't even down them because the timer doesn't move while you're chasing them.......So you can't use your power to end the chase without being stunned repeatedly, and at best you can start the chase with it and then chase them with 110% speed and get looped for days.

Hag is set to this same speed, but at least she can teleport. Bunny mom is also the same speed, but at least her hatchets can down you. This group of legion though.....all bark and no bite...

• Maximus7
    ScottJund made a good post in General about how unfun he is for both sides that sums up my thoughts on his fundamentally terrible design. Tunneling one person to death with your power isn't fun, and neither is losing every chase without your power.
  • ppcp
    ppcp Member Posts: 1
    I mean hey at least Legion is pretty good for blood points, I've gotten almost 20K a couple of times with 0 kills lol
  • Maximus7

@ppcp said:
    I mean hey at least Legion is pretty good for blood points, I've gotten almost 20K a couple of times with 0 kills lol

Yeah, he's really good at farming BP. And my only success so far is catching non-swf groups by surprise with Knock Out. It either works super well or doesn't work at all, which is kinda the story with the worst killers in this game.

• Thadius
    Thadius Member Posts: 17

Just played legion and I can say for sure that the power is not used to down a survivor. Think of it like the pigs trap, it is used to slow survivors generator speed by making them worry about things like healing.

Since survivors are most likely to be separated due to discordance, unable to hide in lockers due to iron maiden, and unable to save each other before one is hooked due to mad grit, then the only move for them is to heal (by themselves mind you) and waist time. If you want to down then simply chase a survivor closing distance with your power until that moment when your power runs out but they are next to you.

And may I just say the blood point mountain I am on after a game is just fabulous, you max deviousness, brutality, and hunting pretty much simultaneously. Just use an escape cake and you won't need to buy a copy of a teachable from the shop pretty much ever.

This of course is my opinion, and he may not be "top tier" but he is not worse that Freddy (cause he can hit survivors at will without his power).

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    edited December 2018
    Speaking of Legion's speed, did they take their size into account when setting the speed? Because I feel like I move faster as Huntress when i try to melee someone and she's  LOT taller.
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Where are the fun perk combos with the legion

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

He is not that bad, you just need to learn how to play them correctly

Yeah, he is bad, but just above bing bong, freddy and dare i say hag as well

• det0xxp
    det0xxp Member Posts: 121
    ppcp said:
    If your good as killer, you should be able to break 20k easily. If I wanted to farm blood points I would use any of my killers and throw BBQ and chili on. I'm just so disappointed with this killer. He has a cool concept and his power is interesting but everything about him kinda sucks.
  • Gravekeeper
    Gravekeeper Member Posts: 3

Legion is not that bad, I agree you need to learn to play with them. My first few matches was not good but once I started getting a handle on how to use his power no survivors escaped.

Why do everyone always want to change the killers instead of learning to play with them properly?

• det0xxp
    det0xxp Member Posts: 121
    Dude I've played 10+ matches with him and I usually adapt to every killer fairly quickly. There's too much ######### to worry about, while survivors just loop. You gotta worry about gens, stun time from frenzy, finding someone else while in frenzy. Not hitting the same survivor while in frenzy who already has deep wounds. It's fking ridiculous. Survivors have it so damn easy all the time, and of course killers get another nerf while nothing happens to survivors except getting more time for flashlight saves. Why does BHVR keep buffing killers for a short time, then turning around and reverting or making ######### worse. It's obnoxious as hell.
  • Maximus7
    After a day of playing him, I'm also noticing that Legion absolutely needs Frank's Mix Tape or he can't down anyone. And that's due to his slow speed. 115 movement speed with the removal of that add-on might be a possible balance fix? But to make a killer who is so dependent on one add-on (and a very rare one at that) is disappointing at the very least.
  • Maximus7
    edited December 2018

I've noticed with the right add-ons (Frank's Mix Tape and Cold Dirt is my personal favorite combo), Third Seal and/or Knock Out with Thanatophobia can be really dirty. My build right now thanks to my bloodweb luck is BBQ, Third Seal, Thana, and Knock Out. This build is inconsistent against good survivors, though.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the only reason why i still put him above freddy is, that his power is not actively hindering him and he can (fairly easy) switch targets, especially when in his frenzy.

in a chase, freddy is superiour though... which is pretty sad...

• Maximus7

@Mister_xD said:
    the only reason why i still put him above freddy is, that his power is not actively hindering him and he can (fairly easy) switch targets, especially when in his frenzy.

in a chase, freddy is superiour though... which is pretty sad...

No, Freddy is much better than Legion. Freddy can down people and even does crowd control better than Legion by being able to put multiple survivors to sleep at once (and with the right builds can actually have an end-game). Hell, even with the right build, Freddy isn't so bad. But Legion? I only know of one good build, and that's using Frank's Mix Tape and Cold Dirt to rush down one person, the dead opposite of what BHVR intended.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

I think we're all jumping the gun a bit.

I mean he's very different, and average at best, but lets not act like he's the very worst killer ever and trash?

I mean... think about it.

I'm still very much undecided myself. I think he falls in that mid range. Or low mid. Around Pig/Leatherface... somewhere in that.

Again... 4 hours past release... it's tough to say.

What I would do is this...

give him 4.5 ms movement speed. (112%?)

Give his frenzy a slight longer duration by like 3 seconds. I think this really helps it. The design is great... just the core things might be weaker or off a bit.

I love the title, the music... the looks... the map... the perks, the names... the ideas.

When spirit came out she was a killer that had to learned and most likely theres still more that we haven't found out about spirit because she is the queen of mind games ................... theres nothing, absolutely nothing that legion offers, theres no mind games and if there is... very little like Billy... other then that legion is run around chain hit to waste time and get looped
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

@FayeZahara said:

Well there is Monitor & Abuse, and, Monitor & Abuse, and Monitor & Abuse...
    I can't possibly see this killer without M&A.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited December 2018
    I'm just pointing out,
    He has a lot of cons compared to pro. 
    He isn't garbage IMO, he's just a veeery 4 perk and add on heavy, but if i'm going to be honest. He is a killer to be learned. And I'm glad he isn't another Billy that litterally one hit downs survivors to easily. Not that i hate Billy. 
    Post edited by Dokta_Carter on
This discussion has been closed.