The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Game needs voice chat (Or some sort of action wheel based communication)

I've seen this discussed before, but I figured I'd revive the subject.

Most people would agree the power of most survivor tools varies drastically based on how many of them are currently coordinating with each other (SWF). This makes balancing completely impossible as buffing something may make it abusable by SWF and nerfing things may make it worthless to Randoms. For instance, the old object of obsession was completely busted for SWF but wasn't much of a problem when used by a group of Randoms. It received an near complete rework for that reason and is extremely niche and basically no one I see runs it.

Gen speeds were lengthened because SWFs are able to complete gens with efficiency that isn't possible for Randoms save for the higher MMR's. But if they are lengthened any more then most random games are going to be 4k's.

Basically, since it is not feasible to stop SWF, just bring solo play up to par with SWF and balance from an even playing field rather than needing to make something OP to be useful to Randoms just to have it nerfed later because it can be abused by SWF.

What are your opinions?

Comments

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508

No to voice chat.

Here's what I wanna see:

Add icons to the side next to character's names with a percentage.

(Ada Wong 01 - Generator Icon - 52%)

(Mikaela Reid 02 - Totem Icon - 76%)

(Claudette Morel 03 - Self-Care Icon - 3%)

(Dwight Fairfield 04 - Locker Icon)

And give every survivor a smaller version of the obsession entity claws around their portrait that moves whenever they're in chase just like it does for the obsession.

This gives you most of the information that a swf has during a game. You know who is doing what, how far along they are in their actions, and who's being chased. Without making aura perks useless.