The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Deranged pursuit bugged

The achievement to down 25 different survivors that have the deep wound effect is bugged, i have no progress on it and have probably downed more than 15-20 survivors, both by the ability, normal attack and by the status itself, so please look into that ;)

Comments

• Mashtyx1
    Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    Something different on console? Maybe it's just how you worded your question.
  • not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

Thanks for the report @Karltastisk I'll try to find more information for you!

• Mashtyx1
    @not_Queen Are the requirements different on console or just worded differently?
  • PatBrutal
    PatBrutal Member Posts: 566
    edited December 2018

To achieve Deranged Pursuit you need to
    *Choose The Legion
    *Activate Frenzy
    *While in Frenzy Hit a Survivor to activate Killer Instinct.
    *Hit a Survivor already in Bleed Out and down him before the Killer Instinct ends.
    (Survivor reaching Bleeding Out ends, while in Killer Instinct, does not count toward the progression)

Let me know if this make more sense and if you are able to unlock the trophy!
    Thank you !

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 416

Just noticed, in the German translation of the trophy text it does not mention Killer Instinct (so the translation is different from the English screenshot above). It just asks to down survivors suffering from Deep Wounds. Maybe the poster does not play in English and has an inaccurate translation as well.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Errr... I'm seemingly not racking up the hits either.
    So, by my understanding, as Legion, I need to be in Frenzy and hit and down someone, who is in Deep Wound status?
    Correct?

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529

@Mashtyx1 said:
    @not_Queen Are the requirements different on console or just worded differently?

On steam it says just survivors in the deep wound state, nothing about killer instict.

• Mashtyx1
    @Patricia Thank you so much for explaining it!
  • Pascal1997
    Pascal1997 Member Posts: 9

I can say i do all thinks what @Patricia saying and still no progress on the arch. :/

Maybe its really bugged!

• Supernaut

@Mashtyx1 said:
    @Patricia Thank you so much for explaining it!

but are yours counting?

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

pretty sure is bugged
    had 7 games where I downed many people by using the power and none counted towards the achievement

• Supernaut

Yeah, I just Brutalized a group then, in the interest of science naturally, and not one counted.

Has ANYONE got any to register?

• Mashtyx1
    @Supernaut I am on PS4 so I don't really know how to tell if its counting or not.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Patricia said:

*Choose The Legion
    *Activate Frenzy
    *Hit a Survivor already in Bleed Out and down him before the Killer Instinct ends.
    (Survivor reaching Bleeding Out ends, while in Killer Instinct, does not count toward the progression)

Thank you !

Okay tryhards get your game faces on because this 1 is gonna be difficult :O
  • HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455

@Patricia said:
    *Choose The Legion
    *Activate Frenzy

Thank you !

It doesn't make sense because the conditions are completely asinine.
    But besides that, the wording for the achievement description is terrible and explains none of this at all.

• Supernaut

@Mashtyx1 said:
    @Supernaut I am on PS4 so I don't really know how to tell if its counting or not.

On Steam we get a progress count in the achievement screen.

• Supernaut

@not_Queen, @Patricia.
    Is this verified as working? Are we just incompetent?
    Thanks!

• Pascal1997
    edited December 2018

its 99% bugged really sure. Hopefully a Dev take a look into it and we get an answer soon :)

• Mashtyx1
    @Supernaut Sadly on PS4 we dont..
  • PatBrutal
    edited December 2018

@Supernaut
    It is verified as working on our side (on PS4, PC, XBOX)
    And I know QA bugged the description for the trophy because it is not clear on how to obtain the achievement.
    Thanks!

• Supernaut

@Patricia said:
    @Supernaut
    It is verified as working on our side (on PS4, PC, XBOX)
    And I know QA bugged the description for the trophy because it is not clear on how to obtain the achievement.
    Thanks!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    I think I understand now!
    SO, for example

Legion has hit and lost David King, who is now in Deep Wound.
    Legion sees Bill, Frenzies, and hits him.
    Legion then Chains together another hit onto a poorly hidden DAVID KING and downs him!

Is that about right?

• Hunterpanther
    Hunterpanther Member Posts: 2

It is NOT working right now. I downed poeple during frenzy, I downed people while they were in deep wounds and I let them bleed out from deep wounds - none of that works right now. We just have to wait till devs fix it. As far as I understand the achievement people just have to go down while they are in deep wounds. Shouldn`t be too difficult when you focus on . Pity that you can get max. 4 points during one trial.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Supernaut said:

@Mashtyx1 said:

On Steam we get a progress count in the achievement screen.

same on xbox but ours is a percentage

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    It's not the first time achievement descriptions are completely confusing and inaccurate. Same problem with Taking One For The Team, it hardly explains the exact conditions of the game registering a point towards achievement.
    But even those ones that require you to repair a specific generator on a specific map do not mention the caveat that you must escape through exit gates.

I wonder who at BHVR is responsible for these descriptions, but I'm guessing it's not the same person who edits patch notes. There's a significant difference of quality and clarity between these.
  • Supernaut

I think the key thing that @Patricia mentioned was "Killer Instinct", which activates after hitting the first survivor and guides you to other survivors.
    I believe the description in the Notes is just poor. However, I suck with Legion, so am unable to verify!

:(

• Waufan
    Waufan Member Posts: 2

I have downed survivors by hitting them 4x with the power, no tokens.
    I have M1 the survivor while they are in the deep wound state, no tokens.
    I have let the deep wound state complete, no tokens.
    I do not know of any other way to down a survivor while they are in deep wound. Have done several games where I farm downs, and shoulder hits, and nothing works. I have gotten 10 shoulder hits from 2 games but still no tokens for Deranged Pursuit.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

From the Steam Forums:

Here's the Rundown for how to ACTUALLY DO IT (Since the achievement is incredibly vague and poorly designed)

-Hit Survivor in Frenzy

-Break away and hit another. (At this point you get KILLER INSTINCT, which is what you are ACTUALLY supposed to have)

-Hope the other survivor is utterly braindead and hasn't mended themselves.

-Down the survivor who's timer is nearly depleted.

-Congrats you have gotten a tick for an uttterly broken achievement.

Now repeat 24 more times. Have fun.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

@Infinity_Bored said:
    From the Steam Forums:

Here's the Rundown for how to ACTUALLY DO IT (Since the achievement is incredibly vague and poorly designed)

-Hit Survivor in Frenzy

-Break away and hit another. (At this point you get KILLER INSTINCT, which is what you are ACTUALLY supposed to have)

-Hope the other survivor is utterly braindead and hasn't mended themselves.

-Down the survivor who's timer is nearly depleted.

-Congrats you have gotten a tick for an uttterly broken achievement.

Now repeat 24 more times. Have fun.

Well i actually managed to complete this twice in my last game. I didnt get any progress on the achievement.
    It is very unclear and frustrating (i doubt it is bugged).

Fun fact: i guess the achievement was designed by someone that didnt actually play the legion. Kappa

• PatBrutal

I've talked with the design team and you guys are going to have more info during the livestream today.

• Pascal1997

Cool would be really great :) Thanks @Patricia ;)

• Supernaut

@Patricia said:
    I've talked with the design team and you guys are going to have more info during the livestream today.

Cool, I'm up to 8 now :) Totally working fine, just rather convoluted!

• Pascal1997

@Supernaut really? i try your guild but at my side its not gonna be working
    So... i make somethink wrong or i have dont understand it.. :dizzy:

• Supernaut

@Pascal1997 said:
    @Supernaut really? i try your guild but at my side its not gonna be working
    So... i make somethink wrong or i have dont understand it.. :dizzy:

OK,

inflict a Deep wound player 1. They need to be in a state where one more Frenzied hit would down them.
    Initiate a frenzy and then hit player 2; you then need to hit player 1 that final time, while still in the Frenzied state, to down them.

Hopefully in the stream they'll address it. Patricia mentioned it on another thread.

GOOD LUCK!

• Pascal1997

ah maybe now ik what should i do.

• GeminiCrow
    GeminiCrow Member Posts: 55
    Patricia said:

*Choose The Legion
    *Activate Frenzy

Thank you !

↗️⚠️⬆️⬆️🔺️⬆️⬆️❗⬆️⬆️🔺️⬆️⬆️⚠️↖️
    This is by far the most concise and well-explained... er, explanation of this achievement.  LOOK THERE FELLOWS OF THE FOG! LISTEN TO PATRICIA!!🔝
  • Hunterpanther
    Hunterpanther Member Posts: 2

Yeah I finally get tokens towards this achievement. Although I think it should be made easier because there is no reliable way for the legion to actually do this in a real game against non-braindead-survivors.

• rogue_sparks
    rogue_sparks Member Posts: 1

This achievement is borderline impossible without the purple add-on reducing the number of hits needed. This killer already has enough trouble getting downs with their power. Probably going to be a more difficult one to farm than the Huntress snipes achievement. Welp, time to get my hands dirty and work on it.

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
    edited December 2018

Having to down someone thanks to Killer Instinct getting triggered is almost impossible. Survivors naturally scatter as soon as he comes and it's no matter how many attempts I had, it was impossible to catch the target before running out of the frenzy. The factor of having to do it while killer Instinct is triggered should be taken out, just like it suggests in the actual achievement description.

For how weak the killer is the achievement is ridiculously difficult, even if it's only 25 times.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited December 2018

If that is INTENDED, that is absolutely ridiculous. Killer instincts reveals survivors who are NOT affected by deep wounds, there is no relation between having killer instincts active and being able to find a deep wounded survivor. If you're going to try to hit a newly wounded survivor then chain back to someone you already had worked on, they're likely to have put as much distance between you as possible, and started to mend which is already a quick action.

I don't know why it was put in like this, killer power achievements have always been about using the power to hit or down people, not activate 4 stupidly complex mechanics then eventually down people. Doing this 25 times will literally take hundreds upon hundreds of matches. This really NEEDS to be fixed to match the description of the achievement, because someone royally screwed how it was put in initially.

• ComelyStar

@anarchy753 said:
    If that is INTENDED, that is absolutely ridiculous. Killer instincts reveals survivors who are NOT affected by deep wounds, there is no relation between having killer instincts active and being able to find a deep wounded survivor. If you're going to try to hit a newly wounded survivor then chain back to someone you already had worked on, they're likely to have put as much distance between you as possible, and started to mend which is already a quick action.

I don't know why it was put in like this, killer power achievements have always been about using the power to hit or down people, not activate 4 stupidly complex mechanics then eventually down people. Doing this 25 times will literally take hundreds upon hundreds of matches. This really NEEDS to be fixed to match the description of the achievement, because someone royally screwed how it was put in initially.

To be honest, I have little hope their are going to do something about it any time soon. They didn't do anything about that royally screwed up Halloween Event problem around the cankers and offerings and for a long time they didn't do anything about the Huntresses ridiculous achievement target of downing 100 survivors from more than 24 meters away (though I just saw they reduced it to 20).

They are on a balance act of trying to add skill based achievements without making them too easy but they never get it right. The Spirit is extremely powerful and her 'down 30 survivors after coming out of haunting' is very easy. The Legion is only a low-mid tier killer and having to down a deep-wound-survivor while the instinct is active goes entirely against the purpose of his power. It is completely luck based on every possible level.

• ComelyStar

I've spent basically 2 full days on it and got it. It is COMPLETELY counter-intuitive to how killer instincts works. It not only doesn't reveal already bleeding enemies, it hides their scratch marks to make re-finding them insanely hard. To get ANY of the scores for it, I've had to chase people for upwards of 3 minutes keeping them from bleeding out until they get near an ally, which doesn't happen because deep wounds SHOWS them allies to avoid them. 90% of the time they find a patch of ground and just start running in circles or mend in front of you because they don't know what's going on. I've gone game after game after game with no hooks because to do this completely unnatural playstyle means NOBODY goes down all game. You literally need to chase someone until an ally gets curious as to what the hell you're doing and comes to investigate.

This is a miserable achievement and people shouldn't have to suffer through attempting this. It needs to be changed before it's been left in too long to fix.

Edit: It also needs to be said, because of what was said in the devstream "It becomes an issue to change it once it's already out because some people have already progressed or achieved it." As someone who HAS done it, the attitude that it can't be changed because I suffered through it is moronic, it's utterly against playing the game well and encouraging people to try to do this is actively bad for anyone stuck in their games. Better we show just how bad it is and improve it for future achievement hunters, than force those future players through an unenjoyable, unrealistic grind.

Totally agree on that. I did the Skilled Huntress while it was still 100 survivors not only 20 but I always supported that such ridiculous achievements get changed. Changing a small but significant condition to get peogress on Deranged Pursuit (doing it without Killer Instinct active) is nothing in comparison to the above. Afterall, the description doesn't even mention Killer Instinct.
  • anarchy753

Building on what you said, I know it's not the point of the thread, but there's so many great achievements to go for in the game, but some just need to be reassessed.

• Cripple Them All - Needs to count survivors who stand in traps like the Trapper daily, not just survivors you pull out of traps with space bar.
    • Skilled Huntress - Absolutely ridiculous, let alone the console version that demands 100. First, a 24m hatchet is a luck shot, not a skill shot, I have Huntress main friends with more hours on Huntress than I have on the entire game that still have 0 of these. It should be hits with hatchets, not DOWNS at the very least.
    • Taking One for the Team - The restrictions on this achievement are ridiculous, it requires farming your allies DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE KILLER 250 times and hoping they don't get tunnelled. Honestly this really should just be changed to ANY protection hits tanked.
    • Adept Achievements - The killer versions need their text updated to be accurate. It isn't 'merciless' any more. Should be changed to "Achieve 'No One Survived' score event with X using only their perks."
  • MrEqunimity
    MrEqunimity Member Posts: 3
    So, @Patricia. Are the requirements for this trophy going to change? It's too difficult in my opinion, and that's the only trophy I don't have.
  • PatBrutal

@MrEqunimity Yes our QA Team bugged the description because the actual description omits to specify that the survivors have to be downed during the same killer Instinct activation.

So yes, this will be changed.

• MrEqunimity
    @Patricia, sorry everything in my mind regarding this trophy is just split to pieces. So, after having activated The Legion's power, I can just hit the same survivor multiple times until he's downed and just ignoring everyone else?
  • anarchy753

@MrEqunimity said:
    @Patricia, sorry everything in my mind regarding this trophy is just split to pieces. So, after having activated The Legion's power, I can just hit the same survivor multiple times until he's downed and just ignoring everyone else?

From the reply she has said "No, the achievement is going to stay in the ridiculous state it's in, but the description will be accurate."

• MrEqunimity
    That's just evil to implement an achievement like that. Disappointed. 
  • ComelyStar

@Patricia said:
    @MrEqunimity Yes our QA Team bugged the description because the actual description omits to specify that the survivors have to be downed during the same killer Instinct activation.

So yes, this will be changed.

To be honest, no point in "fixing" the description when the achievement requirements need to be fixed...