Legion is a failure of a design.

yeet
yeet Member Posts: 1,832

Let's be completely honest, everything about this killer is miserable.
His power is incredibly poor, one of the worst in the game in fact.
His perks are mediocre at best, and uninspired in design.
His design is uninspired, and his backstory incoherent, and his power doesn't match his theme.
He is not fun to play as, or against, the play experience as him is miserable, and playing against him is so trivial it's boring.
I really cannot understand how we come off of a killer like the spirit, into whatever abomination we have here.
And the people trying to defend it are even more pathetic.

Comments

• Wolff_Bringer
    Wolff_Bringer Member Posts: 90

You cant call people pathetic just because they dont share the same idea as you. THAT is pathetic.

And not everything about this killer is miserable:

The power is strong in the point you can ignore pallets. If a killer ignore those, its amazing.
    The power is weak when you have injured survivors. Why should you hit an injured survivor?
    The second thing i really dont understand: Why does he get an ability that isnt used by him? The Perk with the locker is useless on him, since you dont use the exposed effect.
    The Third thing i also dont understand: Why give him the ability to see other survivors when you cant reach them? All the time i try to chase the other the ability does not have enough time. And another thing is, it has no use to chase another survivor since you can easily heal the deep wound.

His Perks are pretty strong. The locker thing can be extremely powerful on low ranks. High ranks dont use lockers. So its a early game perk.
    DIscordance is an amazing perk on all killers. You instantly know where more than one survivor are.
    Aura reading is amazing for killers. So its a decent perk and i would use it on Freddy.

Mad grit is also a perk that is more for the beginners. Mad grit "can" be useful when you have a SWF team.

His design is inspired by the nurse and the spirit. You ignore pallets - you have a sprint.
    Also i like his design of being a batlefield killer and also the idea having more than one person behind a character is amazing. Never thought about that and... Well its really cool. I like it.

For me he is fun to play. So dont call "he is unfun to play" as a point, lol.

Give him some time. Maybe they will buff him.

The biggest thing i dont understand: Why are all of his addons so freaking weak?
    Played some games and you can also play without ANY Addons at this rate somehow.
    Oh, and dont forget to get some perks that reduces terror radius, since you cant hit others you see.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    yeet said:

His design is uninspired, and his backstory incoherent, and his power doesn't match his theme.
    He is not fun to play as, or against, the play experience as him is miserable, and playing against him is so trivial it's boring.
    I really cannot understand how we come off of a killer like the spirit, into whatever abomination we have here.

😁 [1] LOL!
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Give him a week. He'll most likely get buffed.

• yeet

@Carpemortum said:
    yeet said:

😁 [1] LOL!

what an eloquent and well thought out argument

• yeet

@ReneAensland said:

looks at freddy

• ReneAensland

@yeet said:

@ReneAensland said:

looks at freddy

Oh. lol
    Yeah.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited December 2018

@yeet said:

@ReneAensland said:

looks at freddy

The thing is, if you know your way 'round Freddy, he's quite a dangerous Killer. But I don't see that happening with Legion any time soon, if ever.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I mean as of right now, I'm doing just fine with Legion. I have fun playing as and against them, and I like their design. Am I pathetic?

• Wolff_Bringer

@yeet said:

@Wolff_Bringer said:
    You cant call people pathetic just because they dont share the same idea as you. THAT is pathetic.

The power is strong in the point you can ignore pallets. If a killer ignore those, its amazing.
    The power is weak when you have injured survivors. Why should you hit an injured survivor?
    The second thing i really dont understand: Why does he get an ability that isnt used by him? The Perk with the locker is useless on him, since you dont use the exposed effect.
    The Third thing i also dont understand: Why give him the ability to see other survivors when you cant reach them? All the time i try to chase the other the ability does not have enough time. And another thing is, it has no use to chase another survivor since you can easily heal the deep wound.

His Perks are pretty strong. The locker thing can be extremely powerful on low ranks. High ranks dont use lockers. So its a early game perk.
    DIscordance is an amazing perk on all killers. You instantly know where more than one survivor are.
    Aura reading is amazing for killers. So its a decent perk and i would use it on Freddy.

Mad grit is also a perk that is more for the beginners. Mad grit "can" be useful when you have a SWF team.

His design is inspired by the nurse and the spirit. You ignore pallets - you have a sprint.
    Also i like his design of being a batlefield killer and also the idea having more than one person behind a character is amazing. Never thought about that and... Well its really cool. I like it.

The biggest thing i dont understand: Why are all of his addons so freaking weak?
    Played some games and you can also play without ANY Addons at this rate somehow.
    Oh, and dont forget to get some perks that reduces terror radius, since you cant hit others you see.

what is the point of ignoring pallets when you cannot down survivors in any reasonable amount of time?
    you also forget that to win in dead by daylight, the killer actually needs to HIT and DOWN survivors, doing this with what basically amounts to a 110% MS? complete garbage.
    Discordance is only viable against low rank survivors, you should rarely need to work multiple people on a single generator
    mad grit is a bandaid against a poor mechanic.
    this killer is garbage

The point of ignoring pallets? IGNORING PALLETS Yeah, its weak. Understand that. ironie off
    I know that. I got that also with legion. I win most of the matches.
    The movement speed is a little bit slow, yes. But he shouldnt be as fast as normal killers. They should add a new tier of movement speed, agree with that. But garbage, no, not really.
    Discordance is good in all ranks. As i saw today (im still playing)
    Mad grit is only strong on low ranks, again. And poor mechanic? What about struggle is poor?Cant you see hooks as a killer?
    This killer is not garbage. Garbage is raging against a new released killer.

• yeet

@DocOctober said:

@yeet said:

@ReneAensland said:

looks at freddy

The thing is, if you know your way 'round Freddy, he's quite a dangerous Killer. But I don't see that happening with Legion any time soon, if ever.

he works up to a point, but he still has the glaring weaknesses

@Salty_Pearl said:
    I mean as of right now, I'm doing just fine with Legion. I have fun playing as and against them, and I like their design. Am I pathetic?

stockholm syndrome

• yeet

@Wolff_Bringer said:

@yeet said:

@Wolff_Bringer said:

what is the point of ignoring pallets when you cannot down survivors in any reasonable amount of time?
    you also forget that to win in dead by daylight, the killer actually needs to HIT and DOWN survivors, doing this with what basically amounts to a 110% MS? complete garbage.
    Discordance is only viable against low rank survivors, you should rarely need to work multiple people on a single generator
    this killer is garbage

The point of ignoring pallets? IGNORING PALLETS Yeah, its weak. Understand that. ironie off
    The movement speed is a little bit slow, yes. But he shouldnt be as fast as normal killers. They should add a new tier of movement speed, agree with that. But garbage, no, not really.
    Mad grit is only strong on low ranks, again. And poor mechanic? What about struggle is poor?Cant you see hooks as a killer?

again, what is the point of ignoring those pallets if you cant do anything after the fact?
    legion is very bad at downing survivors, that's all you need to know when making an assessment of his power
    because ultimately downing a survivor is something that needs to happen to win games
    discordance is only good against clueless survivors
    i was referring to bodyblocking, not struggling
    yes, this killer is not only garbage, but a giant steaming pile of garbage

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I view this as another millennial post without much substance.

Basically... because the OP doesn't "like" the new killer... therefore it is "weak" and "bad". Typical millennial thinking.

Be objective.

I personally think the killer is in a good place. I think some of the add ons could get checked on, but overall I like the very humanistic look, the perks are fantastic on both sides, and it really forces people to chance the meta.

I'll be seeing a lot less SC, DS, Adren, BT builds now.

I think he's mid tier maybe? I don't know. It's hard to say right now. He just came out.

• Wolff_Bringer

@yeet said:

@Wolff_Bringer said:

@yeet said:

@Wolff_Bringer said:

this killer is garbage

again, what is the point of ignoring those pallets if you cant do anything after the fact?
    legion is very bad at downing survivors, that's all you need to know when making an assessment of his power
    because ultimately downing a survivor is something that needs to happen to win games

You can hit him with your Feral Frenzy? It isnt that hard to hit someone after jumping over a pallet...
    Do you even played him??
    He is not VERY bad at downing, he is bad at it, but not VERY.
    You should check his power more. Its more than a "i hit someone and downs him" ability. Think of using it right... (moonwalk the survvior you just hit...?)

Well, your quite ignorant.

• Dwight_Confusion

@yeet said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Basically... because the OP doesn't "like" the new killer... therefore it is "weak" and "bad". Typical millennial thinking.

Be objective.

I personally think the killer is in a good place. I think some of the add ons could get checked on, but overall I like the very humanistic look, the perks are fantastic on both sides, and it really forces people to chance the meta.

I think he's mid tier maybe? I don't know. It's hard to say right now. He just came out.

when you need to use generational buzzwords in order to attempt to invalidate my arguments, you've already shown that you have none of your own

Nice try.

You've already made a fool out of yourself.

Using definitive opinions on something that just got released isn't wise. It is foolish. You are using personal thoughts to define something so new.

You're not even trying to be objective. I mean I personally would love 4.6ms movement speed, but that would be too strong I think for sure.

Think for yourself. Not what you hear.

If you think this new killer is the worst killer ever... or very weak, then you must not be looking at it objectively.

Then again, everyone has their own shortsighted opinions

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

I haven't visited this forum in a really really long time. It's always the same, I guess. Kinda funny, but in a sad way ;d

KillAr mAinZ (and I didn't say killer mains on purpose) are gonna complain no matter what, so I don't see the point arguing on such flawed and kind of ridicolous threads. ;d

• Wolff_Bringer

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Be objective.

He is not mid tier, he is for begginers, i think. He is pretty weak. But not garbage as the OP says.
    Im fine with some points, but everytime this BS statement that he is garbage...

• ReneAensland

Who the ######### cares. Then don't use him if you don't like him. Jesus ######### Christ.

• Dwight_Confusion

@Wolff_Bringer said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Be objective.

He is not mid tier, he is for begginers, i think. He is pretty weak. But not garbage as the OP says.
    Im fine with some points, but everytime this BS statement that he is garbage...

Again. Everyone wants a clear way to define something.

I personally think he's fine. As he is. It's hard to say, but he's not "weak" or trash like people are saying. He/she just isn't.

It will take proper perk setup and time to get used to him. After a week or so, hopefully people can think for themselves and not what they hear.

• yeet

@Wolff_Bringer said:

@yeet said:

@Wolff_Bringer said:

@yeet said:

@Wolff_Bringer said:

this killer is garbage

You can hit him with your Feral Frenzy? It isnt that hard to hit someone after jumping over a pallet...
    Do you even played him??
    He is not VERY bad at downing, he is bad at it, but not VERY.
    You should check his power more. Its more than a "i hit someone and downs him" ability. Think of using it right... (moonwalk the survvior you just hit...?)

Well, your quite ignorant.

and hitting them with your frenzy achieves nothing
    fundamentally he is a 110% MS killer with a power that doesn't help him down, he is abysmal

• yeet

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@yeet said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Be objective.

when you need to use generational buzzwords in order to attempt to invalidate my arguments, you've already shown that you have none of your own

Nice try.

You've already made a fool out of yourself.

Using definitive opinions on something that just got released isn't wise. It is foolish. You are using personal thoughts to define something so new.

You're not even trying to be objective. I mean I personally would love 4.6ms movement speed, but that would be too strong I think for sure.

Think for yourself. Not what you hear.

If you think this new killer is the worst killer ever... or very weak, then you must not be looking at it objectively.

Then again, everyone has their own shortsighted opinions

most people agree that he is very weak, outside of the usual suspects

• yeet

@ReneAensland said:
    Who the [BAD WORD] cares. Then don't use him if you don't like him. Jesus [BAD WORD] Christ.

what an excellent way to sell a product!

@Vancold said:
    I haven't visited this forum in a really really long time. It's always the same, I guess. Kinda funny, but in a sad way ;d

KillAr mAinZ (and I didn't say killer mains on purpose) are gonna complain no matter what, so I don't see the point arguing on such flawed and kind of ridicolous threads. ;d

how dare people not just bend over like good little piggies and eat their swill

• Dwight_Confusion

MOst people don't think for themselves. They only listen to what streamers say...

What is popular isn't always true... and what is true usually isn't popular.

Think about it kiddo.

• yeet

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    MOst people don't think for themselves. They only listen to what streamers say...

Think about it kiddo.

woooaaaaahhh like deeeeeeep maaaaaaaaaaaan
    you're being incredibly foolish

• Dwight_Confusion

@yeet said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Think about it kiddo.

There's always a point where that brick wall starts talking back...

I gotta back away. Thanks.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    I cant wait to run some more tracking perks instead of Aura perks, then survivors running that one Aura reading block perk will be useless to them. Same with Iron maiden, I'm a little excited to unlock the perks on my other killers. Legion doesn't seem THAT bad. He has trouble downing sure but nothing a few buffs can fix. I'm sure BHVR will realise he needs a few more tweaks before he can be good 
  • yeet

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    I cant wait to run some more tracking perks instead of Aura perks, then survivors running that one Aura reading block perk will be useless to them. Same with Iron maiden, I'm a little excited to unlock the perks on my other killers. Legion doesn't seem THAT bad. He has trouble downing sure but nothing a few buffs can fix. I'm sure BHVR will realise he needs a few more tweaks before he can be good 

a killer who has trouble downing people is not a killer that wins many games

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    yeet said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

And I understand that, I'm just saying maybe we're underestimating him and with a few more buffs/tweaks he can be much better. He doesn't need a complete rework, just a few tweaks 
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I like the more human approach to his design, but I wish the fact that he's in a gang was worked into his power. As for his place strength-wise, it's too soon for me to say for certain, but I could see how a few buffs here and there might improve things. As for his power's connection to the lore, I don't see any connection either, but that's nothing new. I mean, what connection does the Trapper's power have to his lore, or the Wraith's, or the Nurse's? Literally nothing.

• yeet

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    yeet said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

And I understand that, I'm just saying maybe we're underestimating him and with a few more buffs/tweaks he can be much better. He doesn't need a complete rework, just a few tweaks 

this game is not very mechanically complex, and legion is a pretty simple killer
    it isn't difficult to tell when ######### stinks

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    edited December 2018
    "he's a trash killer" 

really means, I wanted another billy/nurse, 4k machine!
  • ReneAensland

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@yeet said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Think about it kiddo.

There's always a point where that brick wall starts talking back...

I gotta back away. Thanks.

Daaaaaaaaaaamn!
    I gotta use that one IRL.

• yeet

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    I like the more human approach to his design, but I wish the fact that he's in a gang was worked into his power. As for his place strength-wise, it's too soon for me to say for certain, but I could see how a few buffs here and there might improve things. As for his power's connection to the lore, I don't see any connection either, but that's nothing new. I mean, what connection does the Trapper's power have to his lore, or the Wraith's, or the Nurse's? Literally nothing.

their powers fit their theme
    trapper is cunning and brutal, hence the bear traps, for example
    legion's power doesn't fit the theme of a multiple personality killer

• yeet

@Avariku said:
    "he's a trash killer" 

really means, I wanted another billy/nurse, 4k machine!

legion in his current state isn't just mediocre, he's abysmal
    but thanks for the usual strawman

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

Don't feed this troll^^"

• yeet

@Vancold said:
    Don't feed this troll^^"

i'm a troll for saying what everyone is thinking?

• Wolff_Bringer

This op is the worst.

• yeet

@Wolff_Bringer said:
    This op is the worst.

because i don't sugarcoat my words?
    sorry for the honesty, i understand some people find comfort in lies.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@yeet said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

their powers fit their theme
    trapper is cunning and brutal, hence the bear traps, for example
    legion's power doesn't fit the theme of a multiple personality killer

The Wraith was a hardworking man and only killed on purpose when he was wronged. That doesn't match up with the magical bell very well or the 'spirit world' he goes into when he turns invisible. The Nurse was an ordinary woman who wanted a family and fell on hard times after the death of her husband and that translates into her power being... teleporting? In comparison, the Legion's power has more connection due to the fact that they were a group of crazy, out-of-control teenagers so a frenzy matches a bit better. I don't disagree with you. I would also like the killer's lore and theme to match better with their power, I'm just saying that it's nothing new.

• Wolff_Bringer

@yeet said:

@Wolff_Bringer said:
    This op is the worst.

I dont find comfort in lies. Lies are the worst.

The problem i have with you: You tell that something is garbage that isnt.
    YOU failed at playing him correctly so YOU think he is garbage.

I play actually pretty nice with her.
    I have games where i get all 4, or 3.
    She is strong. But not as strong as other killers. And she does not have to be.

• yeet

@Wolff_Bringer said:

@yeet said:

@Wolff_Bringer said:
    This op is the worst.

I dont find comfort in lies. Lies are the worst.

The problem i have with you: You tell that something is garbage that isnt.
    YOU failed at playing him correctly so YOU think he is garbage.

I play actually pretty nice with her.
    I have games where i get all 4, or 3.
    She is strong. But not as strong as other killers. And she does not have to be.

i guess most top DbD killers who also think he's terrible are also just "playing him wrong"
    could you please describe in detail what "playing him right" is like? I'd be happy to deconstruct why you're wrong.
    bad survivors can make any killer look good.

• KwwB
    KwwB Member Posts: 75

@yeet said:

I don't normally jump on the hate trains of killers, but this is correct. After now playing around 10 matches he is pretty bad and frustrating to play. Even on games where I do well, and don't tunnel, split everyone up, ect... it still feels bad to play. Actually downing people and putting them on hooks is satisfying, yet this killer doesn't do that well at all. If you are OK just stabbing people then go at it.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

@yeet said:

...and it's not like the devs weren't told this by the majority of people who participated, they had every opportunity to not release it to the live game UNTIL it was ready - they were full aware of that the legion were in need of an overhaul, even did the opposite of what was suggested to fix him.

So yeah, the devs have ZERO excuses this time, they were fully aware of the issues!

• yeet

@Incarnate said:

@yeet said:

...and it's not like the devs weren't told this by the majority of people who participated, they had every opportunity to not release it to the live game UNTIL it was ready - they were full aware of that the legion were in need of an overhaul, even did the opposite of what was suggested to fix him.

So yeah, the devs have ZERO excuses this time, they were fully aware of the issues!

they tell us they want to "make killers that are fun for both sides"
    legion fails to be fun for anyone