Huntress Lullaby

Options
Sharpefern
Sharpefern Member Posts: 422
edited November 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Do you think that the devs will rework huntress lullaby to follow Coulrophobia's speed. I am curious because hexes are supposed to be more powerful than non hexes but Coulrophobia's skill checks are harder than 5 stacks of huntress. Like them making it so it increase the speed by 10% per stack and having 5+ being silent I think would make huntress's a viable perk.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354
    Options

Hex perks are bad right now. Like really bad.

1. Survivors are trying to user their superior version of hexes which they need totems for.

2. I can't count how many times I've had totems cleansed within 20 seconds of match start.

3. Despite them saying high risk high reward, a lot of hex perks really aren't that power when compared to other options.

They need to fix the spawns, and consider buffing many of them or maybe even reworking the mechanic.

• Sharpefern
    Options

Hex perks are designed to be a risky play. You bring them they will be stronger than other perks. However they may only last part way through the match, but you will still get 16-32 seconds of the survivors time per hex.

• HuntresssMain
    HuntresssMain Member Posts: 37
    Options

Thats why even as a huntress main i hardly ever use huntress lullaby. It needs a buff BADLY.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

I would go as far that only people that don't have access to a lot of perks use huntress lullaby. The perk is just plain bad.

The comparison to colorphobia is a bit unfair though. The perks work in a very different way. Lullaby works everywhere, but is a hex perk. Colour does not need stacks. Completely different. The only thing that makes sense to talk about here is - why if they are both in about same strength does one require being hex and the other does not? I think lullaby could lift it's hex status and be very good perk on it's own.

However given that people create builds that complement each other, colourphobia + lullaby on doctor would be actually way too much. This would require an additional new condition - like lullaby works only on generators or something.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Impossible skill check doctor is not a thing. It doesn't work. If lullaby isn't deleted within twenty seconds of the match starting then it's gone after it gets a single stack.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Hexes aren't as powerful as they used to be... apon Survivors learning where the Totems are and looking for a lit Totem as soon as the match starts

Ruin- Used to effect skillchecks, changed to be 200% Gen regression for all Gens that have progress but no one repairing it, then changed to 100% Gen regression that deactivates when a Survivor is dead

The Third Seal- SWF's exists

Crowd Control- multiple vaults and ways out... stacked Loops

Huntress Lullaby- doesn't effect those players that are concentrated on what's on their screen

TL;DR.... There's a lot that makes Hexes weak and not worth running

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

I will never understand why some hex perks are so bad. The perk can permanently be deactivated so it should have an crazy high power level to warrant that weaknes

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

consider all of the things I said. If it's no longer hex, it will work. And do so brutally well in low MMR. Sure enough maybe it will not become go-to thing in higher MMR, but it would still be valuable stuff in mid mmr (forced missed skillcheck WOULD happen. Consider bonus regression and it's fine perk).

• HuntresssMain
    edited November 2022
    Options

Yeah, the perk should lift its hex status, it would make it a more useful perk, but it couldn't be consistently applying the buff, it would need a trigger of some sort. I can understand why it's a totem though, you need to have a trigger of some sort to have it be a perk, and making it a hex would be much easier. It does need a buff though, so I think the devs need to add something better to the hex, but still keeping it a hex and a decent perk.

• Sharpefern
    Options

The only way I could see them lifting the Hex status without making it OP is changing it to only being active while a survivor is on a hook. Either keeping it as stacks this way OR just having it be while a survivor is on a hook you do not get notifications for skill checks.

• HuntresssMain
    Options

That's kind of what I was implying with the trigger thing, but I couldn't think of a good scenario that would fit it. Being only active while someone is hooked is a good idea. I do think that if it was changed to a perk it would still keep the tokens and just decrease the skill check alert while someone is hooked.

• HuntresssMain
    Options

I agree that coulrophobia and lullaby are different. We are comparing them because they have the same main concept of being a perk that affects the difficulty of skill checks.