We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Better Than New is incredibly undertuned.

I can't help but think of how underwhelming this perk is, I was looking forward to it because I prefer playing support or heal builds in soloq but this perk is just not at all worth a slot.

First off it's a 16% action boost which isn't bad but it isn't good either, hardly noticeable. Second it only affects FOUR actions, three of which being incredibly niche which is cleansing, booning and searching. The healing speed increase is good but that's all it's really useful for, and even then leader is a much better pick if you want fast heals from others as it literally activates immediately when within 8m of the user (Better than new requires you to heal a survivor fully for it to even do anything.) Additionally leader affects 6 actions and provides a 25% speed boost for simply existing near a survivor, it lingers for 15 seconds aswell which is enough time to complete a cleanse or a self-heal without it going away.

A good start for better than new in my opinion would be to give it all of leaders bonuses being Healing, Sabotaging, unhooking, cleansing, gate opening and chest searching. Additionally increasing the bonus to 20% would be an incredibly solid change. I do like how it affects booning speed so perhaps adding that instead of gate opening or unhooking would make it a bit more unique as an action speed support perk. Perhaps letting the perk linger for 30 seconds after losing a health state would be incredibly good as if you get hit and the killer leaves you can use the lingering bonus to heal yourself back up a bit quicker.

Another idea I had was to reduce the speed bonus to 15% but add a vault speed bonus to the survivor. Now that spine chill is deadge there's nothing there to add to that speed boost UNLESS Better than new activates on a survivor if you pick them up from the dying state. Simply removing this and making it so it only activates when you heal a survivor to healthy would remove the synergy with resilience to avoid insanely quick and safe vaults.

These are my two main ideas to change the perk, I just couldn't help but notice it's a worse version of leader when I first saw it. Leader and better than new does make an interesting combo however, healing a survivor before they heal you would basically give them free botany heal speeds as long as they're near you and have better than new active, however I want this perk to be good on its own and not require other perks that aren't related to healing.

Would like to hear some of your ideas too.