Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Wesker's Brutality Points are Bugged

GoodBoyKaru
GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,778

platform

PC- Steam; Nintendo Switch

description

Title. Using Wesker's power on survivors to change their health state, be it through direct collision, instantly picking them up due to full infection, or throwing them into an object does not grant Brutality points. You can see this during my post-game scoreboard:

The 10k Deviousness definitely suggests lots of power useage, which is why my Brutality is so low.

My emblems, too, to back up that I was doing plenty of chasing, hitting, and hooking.

I cannot provide video evidence of the score events upon successfully grabbing a survivor just yet (because my Shadowplay decided to simply not record my match, so I've just spent a while tinkering with that) but if that's required then I can do so.

steps to reproduce + frequency

Play Wesker, use your power, receive no bloodpoints. Has happened in all 3 Wesker games I've played so far and in the 2 Custom games to test this out.

10 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• koery
    koery Member Posts: 8

Same issue here. it should work like other killers' power when you get hurt survivor's health state, should grand some Brutality points. and if survivor get throw away with no collision with an object it should have only Deviousness.

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

This is not a bug, it's just that grabbing survivors does not give points in this category

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

Because it's Wesker, not the Plague. Well, if it's a bug, then it's good. It’s just that they already changed the bug for the category, but why couldn’t the points be adjusted at the same time?

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

Every other power in the game awards Brutality for injuring a survivor. Even Plague gets brutality points when a survivor is injured via full infection.

Really?

Survivors caught in The Trapper's Bear Trap don't gain Brutality even if they are injured by it. Also, if Carmina Mora injures a survivor with a Dire Crow, don't gain Brutality.

*Sure, Plague can get Brutality with full infection, but it doesn't count for Malicious.

I think that Wesker's Bound Attack is not considered a Hit because it injures survivors as a secondary effect.

If you want to gain more Brutality, you can destroy Generators or wound survivors with Combat Knife. Because Wesker can easily get a full score for Deviousness.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,695

blight gets brutality for hitting survivors with his power too

So does nurse.

And spirit.

All killers should get brutality points for hitting survivors when using their power.

• wimpy

That's right! So is The Wraith, so is The Hillbilly, so is The Huntress, so is Bubba Sawyer.

Every killer can gain Brutality when they Hit and wound survivors with their Weapons.

Wesker can also gain Brutality when he Hit and wound survivors with a Combat Knife. Unfortunately, Bound is not a weapon hit.

• GoodBoyKaru

Plague isn't a weapon hit. Huntress' hatchets are not classed as a weapon, else they would be customisable. The same goes for Victor.

Why are you so against getting more bloodpoints?

• wimpy

I think you misunderstand me, I am not against getting more blood points.

If all Killer attacks can gain Brutality, why can't Carmina Mora? I don't understand why you guys have a problem with only Wesker.

I know that The Plague is the only exception and I have already mentioned it. Does it not matter that The Plague can’t get Malicious with full infection?

*Sure, Plague can get Brutality with full infection, but it doesn't count for Malicious.

You know that Wesker gets more Deviousness by using Bound. I know that and I get a lot of Brutality even when I play with Wesker. I have no problem with it.

I am not against you wanting more Brutality. But it's not a bug, it's a request for feedback.

• GoodBoyKaru

Why do I have an issue with only Wesker?

I don't. I just don't play Artist, literally ever, because I find her gameplay to the be the most dull and uninspiring in all the killer roster, including Hag. If Artist's bloodpoint gains are a problem in Brutality because she doesn't earn them for power usage, then make a thread about them.