Killer toxicity is through the roof - Why are you not fixing the problems?

Options
SmarulKusia
SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

I am, by no means one of the best survivor players, I'd like to say I am above average though.

When the big update came, I was largely unaffected as the only 'META' perk I used was BT, cool. But with all the favourable changes to killer, the game has become so lopsided, that I lose my appetite to finish my games nowadays.

I am getting killers that are only ever winning because they are playing in toxic and scummy ways. Not because I am getting outplayed. Not because the killer is good at playing their character. No. Yesterday, I had a game against a Wesker, I wasn't downed once - He was absolutely dog at chase, failed to hit his dash, and just didn't have good map awareness. My teammates were weaker in chase than me, and unfortunately ended up all being sacrificed, at the expense of him pretty much face-camping the hook. Upon the last hook, it turned into a game of RNG, who finds hatch first. Unfortunately, I don't get anything out of escaping through hatch but saving my item. The killer camped on-top of the hatch and when I ran into the room, he slammed it in my face. Why? Just slam it when you find it?

Game after game, I am running into killers that are simply boosted. They can't chase, they can't pressure gens. They are aware of it, and resort to camping the hook of whoever the poor soul is that got caught. You 'stats' say that you weren't happy with the kill-rate, that it needs to be higher? Are you trying to make the killer role braindead? #########? I feel lied to, and betrayed by BHVR.

The quality of the games are steadily going down, where after weeks of not touching the game, 2-3 games is enough for me to not want to touch the game again.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

I know what you mean, I've also come across those types of killers. They cannot even use their killer's power but playing them as an M1 killer is enough. Like at some maps there are deadzones that even M1 killers can catch up to you, it's not my fault if the gen I'm working on is just surrounded only by trees and rocks and no pallets (looking at you shelter woods). Are they somehow more skillfull if the can just hold W and catch up to me?

I don't understand why killers can get away with playing Wesker, Spirit, Huntress etc. without using their power, but play them as a basic M1 killer. That should not be happening, those killers should be more effective when you know how to use their power and being bad at them should be more punishing.

If I'm bad at gens and chases as survivor the game is not rewarding me, unless I somehow get carried by the team which is pretty rare. Survivors that are bad at chases die first., if they are bad at gens they hold the team back and make the game longer and harder for everyone. Killers that are bad at chases should not be able to brute force a chase because of forgiving game mechanics, to me it seems really silly.

The game is hard enough for soloq survivors because of lack of co-ordination. Your mistakes as survivors cost not just you but also the team.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options
  • Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

Yeah, they're so slow that they have to use their power. Otherwise it's an easy win for the survivors if the use M1 only

• JustAnotherNewbie
    edited September 2022
    Options

Aren't they faster than survivor, last time I checked the wiki survivor has a movement speed of 4.0 m/s and Killers usually 4.4 m/s or 4.6 m/s. Isn't it inevitable that at some point they'll reach you especially if you're in a deadzone. Am I missing something? I thought the general consensus was that at some point you are supposed to fall as survivor.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    edited September 2022
    Options

I would say it's not your personal fault but the fault of the whole olayerbase and online anonymity.

Back in the beginning when people learned how to play more efficient in the years 2-4, survivor were at a distinct advantage with infinites, insta heals, BNP and the whole jazz.

On the other side were nurse, insta billy and Mori. If you didn't use any of those you pretty much felt at the mercy of survivors and they made sure to make you feel it. Same with nurses, billies and Mori users.

Not all of them of course but enough to make the other side fight fire with fire.

The toxicity spiraled put of control.

And now we have killer with the advantage (however true that notion might be or not, i can't decide since i don't play anymore) and now the killer rub it in more obviously while some survivor still do it on their side.

The intensity just shifted from one side to the other over the years.

And let's not pretend that it's "every killer/survivor". That's just over exaggerating and hyperbole and doesn't help in effective discussions.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited September 2022
    Options

Realistically speaking, they are generally equivalent or even slower than survivors in most places due to the way hitbox and windows/pallet works, so usually people really shouldn't get hit by those killers.

You are supposed to fall but not without power, and 4.4 killers are much more power dependent than 4.6.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
  • RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

The slamming the hatch till your nearby makes sense if their depending on how bad the exit gates spawns are for them. If they are really bad the survivor pretty much gets a free escape.

Also logically speaking if they're boosted then they should be losing not winning. This feels like a teammates being bad issue as opposed to killer playing in a "toxic" way.

Also like Tsulan said. There were a lot of survivors who suicide on hook and ragequit so those killers are higher than they should be.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Yea it is because of all the suicides and give upers my Killers have been boosted to areas I don't belong and my survivors are stuck in low hell....it's annoying

• Tsulan
    Options

Yeah this kinda catched me off guard. Especially since i didn´t ask for free escapes. I just provided a solution for struggling killers buuuut our community is kinda... weird.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

What about the slugging Killer that let you bleedout, or the teabagging Ghostface?

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Actually, if you are winning without using their skills, but just their M1 capabilities, which are the same for every killer, then the survivors messed up and probably also feed themselves to the killer via unsave hook trades.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    Options

Let's say we get 4 survivor newbies and 1 killer who is playing Wesker. Why should Wesker win if he cannot even hit his ability (that is his identity) and the map is open but he can go just for M1 because he will catch up to the survivor since he is faster. He cannot play the killer. I'm simply of the opinion that Killers with these kinds of abilities should be more punishing if you cannot use their ability.

Why should a killer like that win? There's 4 survivors, it just makes no sense to me. Although this is the reality of the game at low level. You bypass the mechanical requirements of the killer when you should not. Killers that give you map pressure and good chase potential should be higher risk for the high reward, you should not be able to roll over survivors if everyone is equally bad. That is simply my unpopular opinion but for the devs and the killers they feel killer role should be the power role and currently it is.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

Do you think any in game behavior can qualify as toxic?

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Not shutting hatch is the smartest possible play if generators are left and the gates are far apart or the switch is obscured (so you can’t easily see if someone is on it from a distance). If you can lure survivor towards the hatch, then you can slam it shut and start chase now knowing for sure where they are and that they are nearby. Or they do a generator and immediately give themselves away.

Camping is not toxic inherently. It’s a strategy. It can be used by toxic players to aggravate people on purpose, but that’s toxic players being toxic, not camping-specific.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    edited September 2022
    Options
  • dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Ragequitting is definitely annoying. For instance, I don’t play survivor very often but I happened to play last night. One of the other survivors disconnected on their first or second down. Note that the killer wasn’t facecamping or anything of the sort, they lost quit out of the blue because they were mad they got downed. In fact, later, with two of us left we managed to finish the last two gens against the killer because the killer made some misplays in chases against the other survivor (not me, I stink, but I managed to keep my distance from him and split the gens so we weren’t in a 3 gen situation). Had that quitter stuck it out we probably would have had a three or four person escape, as it is I was the only one who got out after we finished both of the last gens.

Quitting is also annoying when I’m the killer, it really puts the opponents in a bad spot and if I win the match puts an annoying asterisk of “but if that person had stuck around would I still have won?”

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

They don't know how to fix anything the game gets worse with each patch, I mean game reward scummy plays massively and punish you for playing nicely, try to play for 12 hooks and see... unbalanced mess

• WipeIncGamingYT
    WipeIncGamingYT Member Posts: 171
    Options

Sorry, I accidentally misquoted. My answer was meant for @SmarulKusia. Perhaps I can edit it?

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,379
    Options

Did you even read my post? I did not state at any point that these tactics are scummy, nor that someone was toxic for playing in a certain way. Maybe read again before you get defensive.

I did however say that it is not fun to go against, which should be obvious. This is also the reason why I would like some incentives for the killer to hook multiple survivors and leave the hook. Both sides should be able to enjoy the game. I'm a killer main and even I don't like feeling forced to tunnel or camp because I can't compete otherwise. A game should always work in a way that allows all players, in this case survivors and killers, to have fun and enjoy themselves. The problem is that this can't happen as long as games can be finished in under 4 minutes, and therefore literally ruined for one side, because the other decides to give themselves all the advantages they can get.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

I'd kill for a live view of certain players I've faced - I sometimes imagine they're smashing their keyboards or screaming as their parents tell them to keep it down on a school night.

On topic - no idea how to deal with the epidemic of boosted, powerless M1 killers. Maybe M1 needs to be reverted to its old cooldown or take 3 hits to down.....IT IS JUST TOO STRONG.

BTW, I'm always the best person on my team, so believe me when I say M1 is cracked.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

They were toxic because they slammed hatch in your face?? Uhh ok.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    edited September 2022
    Options

The Killer can't get 12 hooks in a game... without giving up the match and having the Survivors T-Bagging at the exit gates

I know that Survivor think that Camping and Tunneling are "toxic" but they aren't...

Plus the mindstate of players are all over the place... the more time in game leads to more toxicity (from what I see)

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I haven't been camped for months. Its barely exists from my perspective. Even tunneling has improved a bit.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,634
    Options

I can understand not having an issue with any of that, but you don't think intentionally bleeding someone out for the full 4 minutes is toxic (if there wasn't anything preventing them from being hooked?) Refusing to complete the last gen for 20 minutes because you want to dunk on a killer you and your team clearly outskill and you're not going to leave until you're out of resources? Facecamping and tunneling someone because they have a pride charm?

I feel like saying nothing anyone can do in a game is toxic misses some serious ######### moves that you can't brush away as lighthearted ribbing. What the OP described wasn't toxic (that's just ensuring a 4k), but there's plenty of stuff within the rules that serves no purpose except to grief.

• SmarulKusia
    Options

Where did I say they were bad for getting a 4K? My point is that most killers are having to resort to camping or tunnelling, early on before the game is 'over' because they CANNOT keep up. It's not trashtalk, I am just better at chase than you, simple.

I didn't say they were toxic for bodyblocking the hatch, they were toxic for waiting it out specifically until i entered the room. They didn't close it until I got up in their face, just to slam it in my face. So yes, what they did is toxic, because I was within chase distance and they refused to close until I got super close.

Again, the killer waited for me to get in HIS FACE before he closed it, I was in the room, and he refused until I got within melee distance. He was holding me essentially hostage.

I literally said that I am finding the game easier because I am going against killers worse than me? On average, I am escaping more than I did before this update. But that doesn't mean that other players are having the same experience, such as the teammates in my games that are getting face-camped and tunnelled. Stop being so obnoxious. I just want to go against killers that ACTUALLY CHASE, ACTUALLY PRESSURE, ACTUALLY ENGAGE.

Well, obviously it's not every, but in my experience, it has significantly increased.

My biggest issue is the fact that the big patch, the devs stated they were trying to tackle the issue of tunnelling and camping with the changes they have made, but they just made it all the easier because the positive changes to counteract camping and tunnelling are directly counter-counteracted by their changes to stun durations as killers recover from any stun, whether an attack, a stun or whatever, faster than before. Meaning that they can catch up to the survivor very quickly even if the survivor plays it right in the chase.

Generally, no. I tend to escape.

It's not a survivor rule book. I have been witnessing face-camping from the beginning of the match, tunnelling through survivor bodyblocks and etc. It's clear toxic behaviour because it is deliberately obnoxious and I don't like it because it is boring to play against.

I hardly ever get the feeling of having to work hard, and escaping with satisfaction, or working hard but losing to a fairly equal skilled opponent. That feeling is gone.

What is your point? I dont agree with it either.

Dont really run into either.

I mean, the killer didn't shut it immediately upon seeing me, he waited until i was face to face with him to shut it lol

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 686
    Options

I'm really sick of the misuse of the term "toxicity". Are they messaging you with hateful, inappropriate messages? Are they sending you death threats or telling you to harm yourself? If not, then it's not toxic. Yes, the community is toxic. But not just killers, and it's not about camping or tunneling. Yes, those are frustrating and if you have a decent team, you can actually turn the game around in your team's favor. I've played countless times where I've had a camping killer and the survivors swarm the hook together at full health to get the survivor off of it. Tunneling, someone at full health should run in and take a hit slowing the killer down. Especially someone that is good at looping. Learn to play as a team and stop this nonsense of the game being toxic only because the killer is camping or tunneling. It's a winning strategy if played right but there are counters to it. Toxicity is the hateful messages players send each other after the match has ended. Done deal.

• SmarulKusia
    Options

I expect a match where the skill of all players involved is reflected and results in the way it should. I am not saying that I was entitled to the escape. I just have issue with the fact the killer refused to shut it until i was face to face to him, as he wasn't shutting it otherwise.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Exactly this.

If you get a lot of toxic killers then you must be getting a lot of cheating, griefing, rage quits, post game abuse, threats, harassment via DM's... you know things that are actually toxic behavior.

Toxic does not = gameplay I don't like.

When there are statements like "feel lied to" and "betrayed" by BHVR in the comment, its a pretty big red flag that the point is driven by anger over rational thought.

Its only a game for crying out loud, don't take it so seriously that you feel betrayed over some mechanics changes.

Take a chill pill or you are gonna keep having a very toxic mindset about the game and be angry at your team mates and opponents thus ruining your own fun.

• SmarulKusia
    Options

I do feel betrayed by BHVR, and I stand by that point. It is not a sign of anger, it is my genuine feeling.

The things we were promised in the big patch, have been opposite of what we got. They said their aim was to counter tunnelling, camping and to reward engagement. But we got the exact opposite with the buffs and nerfs that they made.

Prior to the Patch, you could camp or tunnel but it always came at an expense of something, the gens would fly (is the typical scenario). They increased gen repair time, they lowered stun duration by ANY means, reduced the BT effects to fit it as basekit, and made tunnelling easier with the Bloodlust.

I don't care what people say, being excessive with camping or tunnelling, refusing to actually participate in chase or engage in the match - is scummy and toxic. That is what I label as that, and you can honestly argue with the wall if you choose to disagree.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Do a few kinks in a game's patch changes really amount to a betrayal of you as a gamer?

Are you sure the "genuine feeling" you are having isn't just I get grumpy over some killer tactics?

This is a real introspection moment.

I don't care if you change your view on the game or not, your fun is meaningless to me... but you have the power to change your view on the game and increase your own fun as a result.

Or stay feeling betrayed, which is completely ridiculous.

• SmarulKusia
    Options

I feel the same way and have felt this way since i read the patch - putting my experience aside. I feel as if the intention or what they said the intention

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

I'm right there with you. I took a break, came back and played for a few hours, quickly remembered why I had quit and then quit again.

Playing dbd now gives me a bad feeling that it didn't used to give me.

• Tsulan
    Options

Yes, its extremely annoying for both sides. I´ve seen it so often, how we could have turned it into a win, if that one survivor wouldn´t have suicided on the first hook. Ruining the game for everyone else.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    Options

easiest solution for SoloQ is Clairvoyance and Key, then pop the farthest gen you have then have him find you there while you steal the hatch.

Tsulan is right though, apparently most killers are boosted right now and I haven't seem to find one that can down me on 1v1, so my hatch escape is through the roof right now.

My build is Clairvoyance, Inner Healing, Sprint Burst and Self-Aware.

If you want to farm keys yourself, go Inner Healing, Clairvoyance, Plunderers and Appraisal.

This discussion has been closed.