Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Cross progression from Epic to Steam

Options
XSupremeWafflesX
XSupremeWafflesX Member Posts: 10
edited September 2022 in Ask the Community

I was just curious about what all will get transferred? Does high inventory override or add to your account as well as cosmetics? Excluding some exclusives like charms I know do not.

Do the higher prestige add to your total or override when you share cross progression?

I have been playing a lot more on epic games and wanted to know and be ready for when its re-enabled

Post edited by XSupremeWafflesX on

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,525
    Options

Almost everything should be merged, so you should get everything from both accounts. If it’s either/or it will take the higher number (eg for prestige level of individual characters). Some stuff won’t be transferred, that’s auric cells purchased via the platform store and platform exclusive cosmetics.

though… which charms do you know of that are exclusive and won’t get shared? I have only read about it but don’t know if there is actually exclusive cosmetics?

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,428
    Options

I think some of your questions can be answered by this:

Merging will keep the highest progress between the two platforms.

Exclusive content is not transferred (if there's any).

• XSupremeWafflesX
    XSupremeWafflesX Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2022
    Options

I do not know on the charms but I have read they don't transfer but if they do then thats cool. I just wanted to make sure my higher progress get merged correctly to Steam when it's re-enabled. That FAQ isn't as helpful or descriptive. Would be easier to know when it's re-enabled and I actually do merge them. Hoping that's coming up before the end of the year as I prefer Steam more.

I was curious if having different emails for my Epic account and Steam matters at all even if my BHVR account has them both linked?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,525
    Options

Email address of your accounts doesn’t matter as long as both accounts are linked to the BHVR account.