Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Mori Update Concerns

BabyShrimp
BabyShrimp Member Posts: 84
edited September 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I was hoping mori offerings would be the same, except Ivory Memento Mori would just be base kit and more cinematic after everyone is dead, or something along those lines. The mori offerings just giving BP if you can manage to 4K or what not (depending on the type of mori and situation) is a lot less interesting and honestly likely not even worth an ultra rare offering tbh.

Something super odd that stood out was the dev update said this: Moris have garnered a somewhat negative reputation over the years, being used out of spite against a particular Survivor.

Of all the toxic things in DBD why moris? Who actually cares if a mori is used out of spite? Anyone who's played killer knows survivors are clicky and tea baggy and will play as nasty as possible. Who actually cares if they get mori'ed in return? This game can be toxic as heck and it's even worse on killer because 9/10 because they have to deal with being a single person facing a team of 4, which is often a super coordinated group of all friends. Why do we care if moris are toxic, and more so why would the overall reputation be that they're a spite thing? I've heard people say it's a try hard thing, but spite? Really? I'm not gonna promote playing the game in a mean or "toxic" way but even if I get very annoyed being on the receiving end I understand this is how online games are, this is fun for some people, I'm not entirely innocent, and as long as they're not griefing, insulting the actual player, or otherwise outright breaking ToS, if they like playing the game like that why should they be responsible for how I feel?

Another thing is how often do you go against killers who just go out of their way to slug and never hook? I can say I've had games like that, but killers are already incentivized to hook and it really doesn't happen unless the killer is making a smart play and trying to cause a snowball which is an interesting part of DBD and usually punishes survivors for being careless. Now that all survivors have base kit unbillable after just 22-45 seconds it'll remove that gameplay aspect and give us less verity.

My biggest concern however is if you're against a coordinated team there are likely sabo toolboxes, flashlights, and pallets so the killer would be smart not to pick up pressure people off gens to pick up the slug while they chase away whoever can get a save, now the killer loses all of that pressure and decision making.

I'm still excited to see what they do and try out the PTB. Maybe it won't be so bad after all. What are your guy's thoughts? Be sure to share in the discussion if you'd like. Bai!

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• schmebulock
    schmebulock Member Posts: 5

Thiiiiiiiissssss!

I've only got 1k hours, mostly in survivor but I have NEVER considered moris to be on the same level as slugging from the killer or teabagging/locker spamming from survivors.

But that's just my opinion... 🤷‍♂️

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

I think the mori offering has become a scapegoat as an excuse for developers to ban slugging, as has been discussed in other discussions, because the mori offering has been unquestionably garbage since the requirement was changed to the second hook stage.

It seems that the developers were attracted to the "you can finish the game with mori" and now realize that a yellow mori that can do that makes more sense than a green or pink one.