Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Pause Evil Within 3's timer if this anti-slugging mechanic goes live

I'll start by saying I don't believe Myers is as outdated and weak as most players think he is; a couple of buffs would honestly be all he needs, but this anti-slugging mechanic would be so detrimental to his normal gameplay (without gimmick add-ons that transform the power in some way), that some tweaking is 100% necessary.

I don't think the last-standing or anti-slugging mechanics are good ideas; they're not necessarily bad, but there are countless oversights with the current idea for implementing them that conflict with how the game functions at a core level, and surprise, Myers is one of these oversights.

If both mechanics make it past PTB despite the backlash, Evil Within 3's timer should be paused while carrying a survivor. The only real way to pressure a good team of survivors and make comebacks with his power is to make risky all-or-nothing slug plays; if you don't go for them, you waste your power going for a hook that is often not enough pressure to stop the survivors from doing their objective.

Being forced to just go for hook and pray for the best isn't good, but it at least keeps him playable.

Comments

• TrueGuardian32
    TrueGuardian32 Member Posts: 133

One idea people had was that peoples charge would replenish as they healed and repaired gens.

• shapeofmyheart
    shapeofmyheart Member Posts: 20

It's hard to balance what the requirement/penalty should be, but that seems like a decent idea.

• TrueGuardian32

The main reason it has a limit is to prevent feeding from AFKs, if they are doing gens or healing they aren't afk.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

But this would also need some rebalancing or outright deleting 2 certain iridescent addons. I think I don't need to explain that one

• shapeofmyheart

The stalk juice replenishing is a whole different topic of discussion that has both pros and cons, but I don't think anything other than pausing the bar while carrying someone is necessary if they implement the PTB changes.

• shapeofmyheart

I think it's obvious that tombstones need more requirements because they are stupidly easy to use, and the point I'm trying to make is to save him from having to rely on his op add-ons with my one suggested change. Tuft of hair is completely fine; it makes Myers B tier.

• TrueGuardian32

Well, one idea to rework his addon is to make it where if you stalk someone you have to have them fully, or almost fully depleted inorder to execute them, combo that with the working on gens recharge the ability, and you have an interesting play. Basically encouraging the survivors that are stalked to work on gens if they don't want to die. As for the Infi Tier 3 Addon, it could make it where survivors gradually deplete their Evil Within overtime, but they don't deplete, but instead add up when doing gens/healing. It would allow for more options and would make things a bit interesting although harder to get the execute 4 survivors achieve. Meaning if Myers is chasing you for the instant kill you can have some counterplay by having teammates body block for you and get away in time to work on a gen or totem to regain your stalk value before you get executed.

• shapeofmyheart

Any tombstone idea is probably fairer than what he has now. That particular idea is pretty good... I think.

I don't think tuft of hair is op by any means and can remain the way it is now. Other add-ons could use changes because half of them are worthless.

• Thunderfrog
    Thunderfrog Member Posts: 218

Until his bullshit instakill addons are reworked, Meyers can't have any buffs.