why do all survivors play the same?

phillip671
phillip671 Member Posts: 8
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

this is the first game i played where one side of the player base all plays the same, and are literal reskins of each other..

not that it needs to change but i would IMO, and would do either small stat changes or character traits.... which dont have to be that extensive.. for example:

Meg: recover from exhaustion 25% faster

Dwight: has bond basekit, does not need to run bond

Jake: sabotaged hooks stay sabotaged 50% longer

Claudette: All healing actions 25% faster

this not only adds incentives to playing a specific survivor, but also helps the issue that is exacerbated on test server where when a new killer releases, no one wants to play survivor lol

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• MrFox
    MrFox Member Posts: 11

Those percentages are a bit too high for it to be acceptable and non abusable with other perks. In reality it would have to be like 5% bonus to things at max. Ideally I'd like to see different game modes where survivors have those bonuses while killers have a few basekit perks added, make it a high stakes match.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,900

Because every one would just run meg with 25% faster exhaustion recovery. By far the most over powers mechanic in this game.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893

I love variety, but I think picking a surv you like (based on lore, appearance, etc.) and playing them however you want is one of the positive aspects of the role.

I wouldn't like it if a surv I liked had a configuration that compelled me to play a style I didn't care for.

Nightmare is almost an understatement. The standardized nature of survivors is one of the core elements of the game, changing that 6+ years in would be cataclysmic for balance.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453

Too late for that now.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

because players will just play the best survivor overall and it would kill variety.

for the first few years Claudette with her bloody cosmetic was the most played survivor simply because she was the hardest to see on the dark maps until they changed the brightness of her cloths and made the maps bright4er worth the map reworks.

survivors will do anything for a competitive advantage look at at the game identity v all there survivors have different ability's and yet despite having over 50 survivors only 6 are really played.

• phillip671
    phillip671 Member Posts: 8

I dont think so... not especially after the base kit changes....

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Absolutely no. Meta-Survivors would follow and after a short period of time u would see 3-4 survivors every game, every other character would be abandoned.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Bhvr already struggles to balance killers as it is add balancing each individual survivor would be an absolute nightmare.