the ongoing problem with the onryo

notdragonite
notdragonite Member Posts: 80
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

ever since sadakos arrival into the killer roster, she has received a lot of disapproval to how capable she is in matches.

most streamers/youtubers/players etc will rank sadako a D tier and i don’t blame them, she has a extremely lacking power.

her power is just terribly designed in other words, even after she got buffed after her ptb to the release. (she was atrociously bad in the ptb)

now i wouldn’t say sadako is incapable, i maybe should have reworded capability, i should probably say that she is below average in terms of performance.

but a question that still eludes me to this day is, “how could you buff sadako?” and i know this may sound odd and quite preposterous, but her power is quite specific and very detailed. so buffing it is a little difficult in my eyes. i don’t really know how to explain it but her power just seems quite difficult to buff.

but i’m going to try and suggest potential buffs that could hopefully bring sadako higher in tier lists

lets get onto that. also if you do have any suggestions in terms of buffs, or perhaps even addon suggestion please do comment because i would love to hear others ideas and hope to see that i’m not the only one who has ideas and maybe other people have similar ideas to me.

now these buffs im going to make are very objective and are solely based from my opinion. criticism is okay, but flat out disgusting or rude comments is not acceptable. thank you in advance.

the buffs-

• add 1 extra tv into the trial

• make it so survivors slowly gain condemned passively (maybe like 0.2ms or whatever the measurement is). this will give survivors more incentive to actually stop doing what they are doing and put tapes in their tvs. but when they are carrying their tapes, the passive condemnation will increase in speed. although make it kind of act like freddy, after they remove their condemnation, there is like a 45s (or something like that) cool-down where they won’t gain condemnation. <just a quick note, i don’t know wether to make it they gain condemnation whilst in chase just at a very slow rate because i feel like the onryo would just abuse this, but again it would be good if it went up in chase to really make it so that she is strong and make it so that survivors are really really cautious>

• buff some of her addons

• whilst demanifested, gain these effects:—

• a 10% increase to pallet breaking speed
  • move at 120% movement speed (this one may seem a little controversial but it’s mainly to help her power in chase a little bit more so she can maybe beat survivors to locations)

• make teleporting silent for anyone who is not within 24m of the tv she is teleporting to

• gain a slight speed boost, not too much, after manifesting

these are just kind of what i had in mind. i know some of them may be a little controversial and some may be like “that’s too similar to (such and such)” and i get it yeah, but right now… as it stands, onryo is in a really bad place and if we got to buff her and make her power act more like another killer, then i don’t really see the problem in it. aslong as it is not copy and paste then that’s fine by me.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 123

Make it so that when demanifested she can go through pallets..

• notdragonite
    notdragonite Member Posts: 80

yeah after looking at that it does seem a little bit silly. i just kind of thought it would be a nice idea to help her chase ability but it does seem a bit oppressive.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,705

Just what I'll throw out there, here's how I'd buff her. Fair warning, there's quite a bit.

THE ONRYŌ | DELUGE OF FEAR

Hitting a survivor after Manifesting or Projecting grants 1 stack of Condemnation. Survivors cannot receive their 7th stack of Condemnation in this way.

Increased range of Projection Condemnation to 20m.

After gaining a stack of Condemnation, a survivor cannot gain another stack for 7 seconds.

Killer Instinct granted by full Condemnation is now permanent.

Increased post-Projection speed boost to 7.8m/s.

Increased post-Projection speed boost duration to 2 seconds.

TVs turned off by survivors have an 80 second cool-down.

TVs turned off by Projection have a 50 second cool-down.

If all TVs are turned off, then 4 TVs at random are automatically powered back on.

Reduced Teleportation time to 2.5 seconds.

Increased time to insert Tape to 4 seconds.

Inserting a tape no longer removes all progress towards the next Condemnation stack.

Capin Sign now reduces the time it takes for a TV to turn on after Projection by 8 seconds.

Well Stone now reduces the time it takes for a TV to turn on after having been turned off by a survivor by 12 seconds.

Sea-Soaked Cloth now instead applies the Electrified Status Effect.

Ring Drawing now applies the additional Condemnation on anyone who begins healing them, even if they don't finish. If the same survivor is interrupted and tries healing again within 45 seconds, they will not get another stack of Condemnation.

Mother's Comb now reveals the aura of a survivor who turns off a TV for 4 seconds.

Bloody Fingernails now also increases the post-Projection speed boost to 8.6m/s.

Combined the effects of Telephone and Distorted Photo into Telephone.

Tape Editing Deck now ensures that their highlighted TV will always be the farthest one from their location.

Distorted Photo now makes survivors begin the Trial with 3 stacks of Condemnation.

Remote Control now reveals the auras of survivors who are carrying a VHS tape for 7 seconds after Projection.

Iridescent Video Tape now increases total TV spawns on the map by 4.

(from https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/348783/every-change-i-would-make-to-dbd-if-i-was-that-person-in-charge/p1)

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,426

I wouldn't say she is D tier exactly. That might be a bit harsh. She definitely has some problems though. Many have suggested making her able to go through pallets while manifested should be the way to go. I think that might either not work all too well considering survivors would just continue to vault and Sadako would need to be unable to manifest while inside a pallet to prevent some issues that might occur otherwise or be incredibly boring both to play and play against since it pormote Shift+W instead of looping a pallet. One thing is for sure though. Sadako needs help in chase or very excessive buffs in other parts.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

How bout she is able to attack while demanifested but in doing so manafests her and slows her down for 10 secs....that would be a good balance

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I'm gonna keep yelling this into the void until I die cuz nobody ever listens to me(and rightfully so)

She needs her essential addons nerfed and integrated into her base kit.

These addons are the bloody nails, phase addons and Iri Tape. Just these 3 becoming part of regular Sadako would place her where she rightfully deserves to be.

Some people say Condemnation is the ONLY viable way to play her...ok how do you mori with the base kit? You dont. You need Ring Drawing, Tape Deck or Iri Tape to even have a hope of that.

The real value of Iri Tape comes from her pressure application by being able to constantly harass injured survivors and apply Condemn to them constantly.

Shes primarily a hit and run killer. She should be rewarded BASE KIT for trying to do that which is why I think Iri Tape and Bloody Nails should be destroyed. Her new addons to replace these can be garbage for all I care

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

She has the most tools in her kit (Mori, slowdown, stealth, teleport) explain why everything of her is so weak.

I would nerf her teleport in exchange to buff Mori & Slowdown

• She can only teleport once per min. Anytime she teleport, all survivors gain a stack. This is to make the stack increases consistently.
    • At 7 stack, survivors has Exposed status and can not lose stack anymore. This is to make her stack actual dangerous and force survivors to go for tape rather than do Gen then do tape.
    • Taking tape will drop Item, making inconvenient for survivors. This may give killers a bonus time because survivors run back to get their item.

A soft change, but I believe its game changing alot.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

This is a good point. She has a very complicated set of passives, none of them particularly good. Jack of all trades, master of none.

There are more ways to buff her than stars in the sky. Will we see ANY of them? Well...

"They'll take a look at the Mid-chapter." (tm)

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

My idea sounds really weak on paper, but if you think about it. Survivors should get their tape at 3-4 stacks (+1 by getting tape, +1 while traveling to TV) to not get permanently Exposed. Means at 5min, the slowdown game starts.

But the most important thing is, survivors should not get tape at the same time, since there are not enough TV for them to get tapes. This force at least 1-2 survivors getting tapes far earlier.

And I think that's pretty strong build-in slowdown on her already. Which is enough with her additional stealth to spread pressure.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 441

Instead of passive condemn, I think it would be more fitting for survivors to gain a stack everytime they are hit by her.

A second idea I had is that while demanifested, she may see the killer instinct of any survivors within a 16 m radius of any turned on TV.

Finally, I think there should be a finite number of times that survivors may interact with TVs/Tapes, thus making them similar to Wesker and Nemesis vaccines.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,687

I think it would be more fitting for survivors to gain a stack everytime they are hit by her.

that was exactly my idea. its purpose was added consist form of condemn build-up for survivor when sadako is successful at the chase.

there is tons of stuff they could do to improve her such as removing her lullaby when undetectable in ability, removing directional audio cue from tv's, longer invisibility when manifiesting(de-cloaking), shorter cooldown on TV after using projection. I don't think they will change anything about her though.

mori-based killer are heavy taboo in dbd.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

id make it so shes invisible for longer periods, she moves a little faster while demanifested, her tvs turn on faster, getting a manifest-hit (spectral strike score event) starts buildup of 1 condemn stack (so a 2 hit chase is 2 stacks of condemned - so condemned is a threat even if you dont iri tape and ring drawing and just teleport and slug), and being max condemned makes you exposed

bam - an oppressive power on an m1 killer, so high level survivors will destroy her with ease, and bad players can have interesting games with her. just as bhvr likes their killers

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Im scared of that surely much people would get stucked.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,248

I think many people ate going crazy with her buffs making her way too strong (like that 16m aura around all tvs suggestion. You know tvs are always close to gens? So at most 2 tp to interupt gen progress - combined with slowdown perks + condemn and I wish to play against 6.1 legion instead).

Just swap cd timers for tv's (turn off by killer or survivor) and make both 10s shorter.