For all Solo players. Sole Survivor is underrated. Here's my Solo Q Build if you want some fun.

SilentShepherd
SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

My build :

Sole Survivor

Wake up

Sprint Burst

Lightweight

This is the greatest Solo Q build in the current meta. The purpose of this build is for you to be able to join Solo Q games and play normally, do generators, save teammates... but you will increase your chances of survival and actually escape the match. Remember, SOLO QUEUE!! Not SWF.

Short Explanation : Sprint Burst + Lightweight to run from killer. Sole Survivor + Wake Up to prepare to be final person standing and open exit gate.

Long Explanation : Sole Survivor is an incredible perk. It is very underrated. First off, it comes with a built-in Aura blocking ability, but it is limited by range. You can have up to 3 tokens, and you get 1 token each time a teammate dies. 1 token means the Killer cannot read your aura if he is within 24 meters of you. At max 3 tokens, it's 72 meters - which is basically most of the map.. this immediately counters Wesker's new ability to read aura's while carrying someone, etc. Such a good aura blocking ability. But wait, that's not all. When you're the last one alive, you get 75% speed to repair gens, and 50% speed to open exit gates. The gen repair is useless, but the 50% speed to open the gate is really really good, especially since I also carry "WAKE UP" perk to combine it with this perk, for a 75% open exit gate speed. Sprint Burst + Lightweight are your run from killer perks. Do gens, help team, but if you gotta book it, you book it, and Lightweight only allows your scratches to be visible for a measly 5 seconds. Most killers will see you run with Sprint Burst plus see how your scratches are tough to read, and will just break chase and go get someone else.

Combine these four perks, and you will survive to the end game in the majority of your games, and you will escape.

Everyone knows your teammates in Solo Q are mini-killers anyway, leaving you to die on first hook, sandbagging, snitching, etc.

With this build, you can have fun in Solo Q.

Post edited by SilentShepherd on

Comments

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Sole Survivor and Wake Up is pretty crazy and makes it waaaay more consistant to open the gate when everyone else is dead, though I do like to bring a key and blueprint offering as a change of pace.

• SilentShepherd

Fun to me. I loop the killer if he commits, usually lose him and make him give up. Either gens get done or they don't, I still escape match. win

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Lol, it's funny but I was thinking the other day about a survivor loadout I might try someday where each perk is there to counter the most popular killer perks and Sole Survivor is part of it.

• Distortion - Counter BBQ and Chili and Lethal Pursuer
    • Breakdown - Counters Scourge Hook Pain Resonance
    • Sole Survivor - Increases the chance you are the Obsession which counters Save the Best for Last. Also counters BBQ and Chili once someone else dies
    • Repressed Alliance - Blocks gens to counter Call of Brine and Eruption

Interestingly, what I wanted was a perk that makes you the Obsession at the start of the match. But the only ones that do that are Sole Survivor, Mettle of Man, and Object of Obsession. Mettle of Man requires you to take Protection Hits to do anything, which isn't ideal, and Object of Obsession doesn't work well with Distortion. Sole Survivor is the only one of the three that doesn't have a penalty associated with it, it's at worst neutral in the beginning and then ramps up if someone else dies.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Deadhard, Sole Survivor, Wake Up, Clairvoyance

Best chances to escape.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

I feel like left behind should be included in any solo q survival build.

• Marik1987

Clairvoyance is better - u see the hatch everytime, not just in a little radius.

• usesPython
    usesPython Member Posts: 121

If you want to start as the obsession you can run Decisive Strike instead of Sole Survivor, would probably give you more value

• SilentShepherd

Nah because hatch race can fail even if you can see it. Sometimes it spawns right near killer. Happened to me many times.

Sole Survivor + Wake up = 75% exit gate speed. With this build, you let the killer go find hatch, and you go for exit gate.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,723

Or I could keep going with my COH/Shadow Step/BT/OTR build and feel good that I'm helping my team escape as a team.

• HoodedWildKard

I did try that once and it's amazing. But i struggle to find totems so don't often run it.

• HoodedWildKard

Fair point. I prefer hatch escapes personally but killer can sometimes get lucky on hatch. Just feel 2 perks just for the escape is a lot. When 1 still has a good chance.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I prefer NOLB , Adrenaline, BT, Guardian cuz I'drather my team mates live longer so they can distract the killer or something

As Deight says in his perk Bond "I need you to survive so I can live!"

• Marik1987

Thats why I run Sole + WakeUp + Clairvoyance. Both options, Hatch or - if she is far away - fast door opening.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Good point, for some reason I was thinking in my head you only became Obsession from DS once it triggers, I forgot it also starts you off as the Obsession.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 676

How will solo survivor works after last standing and mori mechanic release? because, you never more will be last survivor. I like this build but, i think ths build work if you be selffish

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2022

Its funny a recomended Solo Queue build is exclusively aimed at Hatch/EGC gates.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 638

Sounds decent might give it a bash. I quite often make it to the end so I reckon I could definitely benefit from it.

I'm having some success with overcome & lucky break combo just now. My chase escape rate has increased drastically with that combo. Definitely think sole survivor could fit into that build, as I often make it to the end without even being hooked, but I would say I'm like 50/50 with the exit gates.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 955
    edited October 2022

The aura blocking thing is not that good. It counters a Wesker perk that isn't even used often, whatever. But it only starts working against long distance aura reading like BBQ & Chilli and Darkness Revealed (which are way better and way more common) after EVERYONE is dead. And you can already have that same effect with distortion or just by, you know, entering a locker.

The exit gate speed up is the only redeemable part of this perk, but dedicating half your build to perks that will only be valuable if everyone dies but you isn't that good.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,963

The best solo q build is

Kindred - Empathy - We'll make it/WGLF - Exhaustion perk to help in chases

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,011

don't worry, your hockey build get fixed when team mmr for survivor occurs. sole survivor+wake up is pretty good for winning in their current mmr system(for survivor).

• SilentShepherd
    edited October 2022

nothing wrong with my build. I do gens and save teammates. Only thing is I survive. I find it funny how some of you talk as if Solo Q is a high qual experience. It's hilarious

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,626

One of the biggest problems of solo q are survivors that aren’t helping their team enough with chases.

And survivors that excessively hide are a double strike against solo q, because they usually prefer to hide because they aren’t good at chases, which means if the killer finds them, the chases can be so short that it ends up really hurting the team.

• SilentShepherd
    edited October 2022

Nah, I exclusively play alone. The biggest problems in Solo Q are just bad teammates who are terrible at looping and lose 2 health states in 20 seconds, lack of communication, people leaving you to die on 1st hook, etc.

Not my fault if the killer gives up on chasing me. Take it up with BHVR, Sprint Burst is a good perk. As soon as game starts, I go after the hardest gen in the map usually in the middle of the map. I do this every single game. Go straight for the gen in the middle of the map. I do the 1 or 2 gens in the middle, to cut the map in half and try to make it harder for killer to patrol and 3 gen.

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 215

>prepare to be final person standing

Hey, I came up with a bunch of builds that wind up the same way. Do you guys want to see those, too?

Guys?

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited October 2022

Clairvoyance or Sole Survivor, both can fail if:

1) There's a hatch offering which works on the map

2) Killer has No Way Out

That's why i stopped running these perks. Info and team perks are key in solo Q, esp. in times when MMR works.

• Coffeecrashing

If you are so great at looping, then you should be helping the team with chases more. You're raising your personal escape rate, at the expense of the rest of the team, and you're actively making their games worse even though you're supposed to be on the same team.

And this is the reason why survivors can't see each other's perks in the lobby screen, because BHVR knows it would cause a lot of lobby dodging. Do you really think survivors are going to want to play with someone with an anti-team build?

• SilentShepherd
    edited October 2022

Again, I'm doing the hardest gens and I'm taking chases. It's not my fault if the Killer gives up sometimes if he sees Sprint Burst. Sprint Burst is a legit perk.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY.... I have over 1,500 hours playing Dead by Daylight as a Survivor Main in Solo Q. I have played enough Solo Q to know that IT DOES NOT MATTER how good I am at looping. Countless games... as soon as match starts, I run to the middle of the map INTENTIONALLY looking to get chased first... loop the killer for 2-3 minutes.... and 0 gens done by the time I am hooked.

A lot of the playerbase is simply bad at the game in Solo Q. And there is nothing you can do to save a bad team.

This is from my first hand experience. At least with this build, I ensure I am having fun too.

• Coffeecrashing

I thought you were the person that made a few threads complaining about salty teammates that would tell the killer where you were, because you were hiding so much that your teammates would risk breaking ToS so you can be punished?

You are well aware that your play style makes a lot of survivors upset, and that you aren’t even trying to be a team player. Your fun shouldn’t be at the expense of your teammates.

It’s so laughable that we have so many forum complaints of killers doing strategies that are unfun for survivors, but we make so little effort to call out survivors doing strategies that are unfun for other survivors.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

Umm.. Where's Kindred? Literally, the most necessary perk for every single Solo Queue survivor?..

Lightweight is clearly underated, I'll give you that.. But you'll kinda need Iron Will for that to be effective, as you can't always rely on getting healed by your team mates. And, because of that, I'd suggest Boon: Circle of Healing, so you can heal yourself and have survivors heal themselves when necessary instead of relying on you or other survivors, which becomes problematic the moment you're down to three survivors in the trial instead of the starting four.

That shall leave one perk for you.. If Calm Spirit wouldn't have been reducing the blessing and cleansing speed, I'd have suggested that one, but I can't do that with its current state. Yeah, drop Iron Will and get something else, I guess.

• SilentShepherd

Wrong, it's killer mains trying to smear survivor mains like me on the forums, saying that.

I never said I hide.

• SilentShepherd

Exactly what is unfun about it? I have the right to run any perks I want, as long as in game, I am playing well.

• Coffeecrashing

Do you honestly think your teammates appreciate your build and play style?

If survivors ever got to see each other’s perks in the lobby screen, do you honestly think you wouldn’t get a lot of lobby dodges?

• SilentShepherd
    edited October 2022

I've run Kindred before. Solo Q is full of bad players or selfish players. I've been left to rot on hook to death hook many a time. It's not that people don't know. It's that people don't care. Solo Q is full of mini-killers in the form of survivors, who will let you die, backstab you, sandbag you, snitch on you, body block you, refuse to take chase for you. After 1,500 hours of purely Survivor main.... you learn this. No matter how good you are, you cannot save a team from themselves. The other day I played a game or two in the evening, and I took first chase and ran the killer for a LONG time.. no gens got done. The killer gave up on chasing me and refused to chase me any more for rest of game until he got everyone out. Killer broke chase off of me, and within 20 seconds of breaking chase, my teammate lost 2 health states, in 2 separate melee swings somehow, and got hooked. 0 gens done, gets hooked from full health --> hook after I ran the kller for like 2 minutes. I sat there mystified how that is possible.

Solo Q is a hilarious experience.

This build seeks to maximize the fun for me as a Solo player, so you don't quit DBD

• SilentShepherd
    edited October 2022

Do you think I appreciate when you suck and can't loop and get hooked within 20 seconds of killer giving up on me?

Do you think I appreciate it when I run killer for a long time and gens don't get done?

Do you think I appreciate it when someone is on hook and nobody cares to save and lets them go to second hook stage on first hook, after running killer for a long while?

I could go on. But please, keep writing of the struggles of the innocent Solo Q player. Anyway I am out of time and have to go for now.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

Alright so I was skeptical about this at first because it's a really selfish build, but after losing seven times in a row in the most horrible solo queue games I've experienced in a while, I decided it was time to try it.

I immediately escaped twice in a row. Once because I actually had a team with some skill and once because I let the killer close the hatch and the gate opening speed of those two perks combined is insane. Thanks for putting an end to my streak of misery!

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

My soloQ build that carried me alot is Overzealous, Inner Strength, Prove Thyself, Detective's Hunch

Sorry booners...

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

That's understandable, but as you've mentioned or haven't mentioned - The point is clear; Your build is a selfish centered one, focused on yourself while providing other survivors with little to no benefits.

I'm a different kind of a person even in real life.. And I got used to it, so I just try to help whenever I can, even if it means to prioritize others receiving benefits or advantages while I get put into a disadvantage or worse situation thanks to my actions helping other people. It's quite silly, isn't it?.. But I just can't have fun if I know that I'm not, at least a bit, providing help to other people around me, regardless of the consequence(s).

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,060

I imagine Sole Survivor will be reworked to act more like Low Profile, which only requires you be the last Survivor standing. That and/or Desperate Measures, which gives tokens based on Survivors injured/hooked.

• JohnnyB87
    JohnnyB87 Member Posts: 96
  • SilentShepherd

Actually the opposite. Every single game, I go for the hardest gen on the map. Usually in the middle of the map, in the main building or out in the open. I gladly take first chase and run killer for a long time. Usually killers give up on me and go somewhere else.

• SilentShepherd

lol equating IRL to a video game

and im not here to carry teammates. im here to have fun, and you better carry your weight or you suck

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 384

When I get tired of getting spawned in front of the killer, left to die on the hook or I had an awful streak of team mates, I run Sole Survivor, Lightweight, Distortion and Calm Spirit (yes, I know people hate it, but it helps a lot preventing any value from scream perks like Iron Maiden and entirely counters the Doctor's power)

If you see me running this, I'm sorry but I'm tilted off the face of Earth. I will try to be a proper team mate, but if I see you doing stupid 💩 like the team mates in my last 10 matches, you're on your own.