regarding 6.1.0

theboyitachi
theboyitachi Member Posts: 57
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I wanna start off by how i honestly think the 6.1.0 was ironically a failure an everyone denies it because it gave killer quality of life changes they should’ve had years ago while i think 6.1.0 was a major change an dbd history what did it exactly accomplish? i feel like the meta is the exact same thing for both sides an because of this it has caused dbd to feel sorta stale for a lot of players an a lot of people barley play it anymore heres why i think so (long discussion btw)

the meta didn't really change at all. All survivors bring are DH still good (maybe sprint burst instead) Off the Record (to replace how bad DS is now) and the two other perks are still either COH, Unbreakable, Prove Thyself, or Adrenaline. The only "new" survivor perks I ever see are Reassurance and Windows but fundamentally all of the perks I see survivors bring are the same exact perks from before all the reworks happened with OTR taking over DS. Same for killer, I'm not seeing unique builds ever. I see STBFL more and that's it, otherwise it's still fundamentally the same exact builds for killer. 3 to 4 slowdowns, maybe not pop ruin undying anymore, but eruption call of bring overcharge, or still Pain Res corrupt deadmans, etc. I think the perk reworks were honestly a failure and the meta is just as stale an can even feel even worse than before i wanna here everyone opinions killer mains an survivor mains. so has dbd started feeling stale recently?

Post edited by JocelynAwakens on

Comments

• Shi283
    Shi283 Member Posts: 60

I also enjoyed the previous version more.

Even when playing Survivor, the game takes a long time.

Killer play is monotonous as there is no chance of a come-from-behind victory.

Please revert generator time to previous version and killer should have latest version of doom by default

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Yeah DH is still here but its not as braindead easy to use or as common.

Hell ive seen survivors use dh while i lunge and i still down them because the window of parry is a lot more strict.

Buffs to killer wasnt that impactful outside of the 10 second gen speeds but dh and ds being gone more than makes up for it. And here is 1 huge difference between otr and ds, you can tell a survivor has otr before you start a chase with them. Oh and if you hit them as they come off hook its basically useless. If you really absolutely want to tunnel otr offers basically no protection.

Killer is in a much better place before the patch and to act otherwise is kinda delusional.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

I can confirm that I can't see a difference anymore. Killers STILL feel forced to bring slowdown perks even with +10 sec gen speed on each gen, survivors STILL feel forced to use off the record and maybe ds even with base +10 sec borrowed time base kit. Killers may use Save The Best For Last only because of Survivors using perfect Dead hards and, since killers don't want to sniff a survivor (rightfully), they gain a stack and that's it.

• ArthurVeloso
    ArthurVeloso Member Posts: 248
    edited October 2022

I agree with you. This last update sucks because I don't feel that, as a survivor main, I can run a funny build and get alive before the last gen is done. I mean, many killers are using a combo of regression perks, call of brine, overcharge, Pain Resonance, etc. As a result, I always feel forced to run a gen rush build to have the minimum opportunity to power up a gate and escape. Sometimes, even with a gen rush build it is not possible to do that because some teammates mess up (that's okay), and it is harder to lift them up and recover the damages done already.

To be honest, I miss so much using DS, Old Dead Hard, Resilience and Spine Chill. Damnit, it gives me goosebumps just to think about it. I could play bold, but now playing dbd feels like eating a chunky piece of beef without seasoning. It is like meh...

Decisive Strike is useless because 1.5 seconds is not enough time to reach a pallet or window, especially against nurse, blight, huntress, deathslingers, etc. BuT NoBoDY ShOuLd GeT a FrEe ScApE WiTh Ds. Whatever, dude, If someone was skillful enough to run a killer for 5 gens, they more than deserve to use their DS to escape. If you disagree with that, by analogy, No Way Out should deactivate once the hatch is closed "because a killer should never get a free kill."

Dead Hard is meh. I loved to give a dash to reach a pallet (even though I mostly hit a wall LMAO) But, seriously, 0.5 seconds is so little time that if the killer has a 100 million ping, you are absolutely destroyed.

Self Care, for everything that is sacred in this world. In which universe self care was op? The dbd community constantly made jokes about how bad it was. (Self care Claudette lol) But, people still use because it is a starting perk.

Post edited by ArthurVeloso on
  • ArthurVeloso
    edited October 2022

Continuation...

Spine chill is awkward to use that I don't even bother.

Iron will, rest in peace pld friend. I used love to run this perk with flash lights to juke killers. However, strindor spirit mains won this one. In fact, running iron will nowadays seems like using a napkin as a towel. Completely pointless, especially in some characters like bill, Leon, Jill, and other lowder characters.

Calm spirit is just terrible. If we rarely used it before, now it is just a dead weight in our build. REMOVE THE PENALTY ON BLESSING, CLEANSING AND SEARCHING CHESTS. Otherwise, I makes no sense to use it because every second in this game counts, especially after adding 10 seconds on gens.

Pharmacist... really? I mean, I never ever used this perk, but guys, this perk is just beyond useless. "You have 100% to get a medkit, but only if you are injured." It sounds like somebody's mom say "You will get your ice cream after dinner, but only if you deep clean the entire house." 😂 I mean, who is the poor player that will search chests while injured? (Do gens!!!) What if another teammate did it? Too bad my dude.

This 6.1.0 update was just a thing that they forced us to swallow like the new update that will give infinite unbreakables and insta kill for slug king/queen of the match. It is just bad in any shape and form.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Not to be rude, really. But your comment translates to: I can't run meme builds when killers run full meta now because they are not lagging behind as they were before and I really miss my old boring busted perks that were meta for 5 years. It was a meta shakeup because people were tired of seeing the same old perks EVERY SINGLE GAME. As much as people want to think nothing has changed the increased build diversity is there 100%. I quit this game from April until 6.1.0 because survivors were quite literally running the same 7 perks(max) every single game. I would call them bots with perks because I wasn't going against good players, I was going against bad players running carry perks. Although I would still win against these "bots" because I am playing blight and am capable of beating players in my mmr but way below my skill level. But imagine wraith or bubba or slinger or demo or anyone that wasn't spirit, blight and nurse. The killer had to be that much better than the survivor's and even more so the worse the killer they played. IW and DH being the most unskilled free perks on survivor side by miles.

Now I more often see sweat squads that actually know how to play the game, know how to play vs blight. Hell I went against a comp team a couple weeks ago and for the first time ever since playing blight said "Wow they are so good at w". This game is in a way better spot then it has ever been in it's history. Solo queue is lagging behind now, but as a solo queue player myself and from killer pov I would attribute it way more to bad players getting randomly backfilled into a game they have no right to be in than the lack of information that solo queue deserves.

And one last time I will mention how DH after validation was the most busted perk to exist for such a long period of time ever in this game. Not only did it start deleting killer powers instead of dodging them(victor being an auto kick, huntress hatches getting deleted instead of going through to a survivor on the other side), ping above even 50 started to become extremely annoying to play against. I play on 50 ping as killer, and I could finish a hit fully before dh kicks in and says no because they had 80 ping. Quite literally the most forgiving thing I have seen since playing this game.

As a side note I do consider full gen kicking meta to be way too good right now on killer side but mostly due to how busted eruption is. It promotes a hit and run tactic that I find disgustingly unskilled.

• ArthurVeloso
    edited October 2022

I see the same perks every single time on killers. Try to play more solo queue more often.

• Sava18
    edited October 2022

I have 56 games of solo queue and 36 killer games in the last month. If that isn't enough, then idc because ow2. Some people enjoy aura builds or even meme builds. I do most commonly see the meta gen kick perks, but it is way way better than it was before 6.1.0 on both sides. Killer's have way more option and builds they can go with than before, although most are slow down as believe it or not that is always going to be the best killer perks in the game until they adjust the game so much that they can be removed. And survivor's aren't relegated to their same op set of perks every single game to the point of being unable to switch off of them due to the sheer power difference. Survivors lost like what IW and DS right. Wow 2 perks. They got like 6-8 good value perks in return.

Edit: It's kind of irrelevant if you play solo queue or not now that I think about it. If you play swf you naturally have higher mmr and get killers playing more and more for the win.

• ArthurVeloso

I respect you opinion, but "good value perks"? Bro, they literally made perks that were just fine useless, like calm spirit, pharmacist. Of course some perks are good, like out of record and tenacity, but OFR does not counter tunnel like DS did in the past. If a killer is camping a survivor on a hook, and another survivor come and rescue the person. The killer can, to counter OFR, just hit immediately the unhooked survivor, OFR doesn't stack if you are in deep wound. 🤯

So, basically what I saw in this update is a bunch of perks giving endurance, but as they don't stack (as they should), killers can counter it very easily. If dead hard did not give endurance and invincibility but just distance, it could be a great way to fight against tunneling after unhook.

Now, back to DS, it feels that DS should change it's name from Decisive Strike for Decisive Slap because 3 seconds stun is just 1.5 seconds useful to reach a pallet or window.

• usesPython
    usesPython Member Posts: 121

The point of Decisive Strike in the current meta is to reset deep wounds so that you can Dead Hard again while being tunnelled, if you're using it by itself as your only anti-tunnel perk you're doing it wrong

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427

DH and the W key being gone is all I needed

• johnlikesguns2
    johnlikesguns2 Member Posts: 82

The meta changed. New perks are used. And no. Off The Record didin't replace DH. Off The Record replaced DS. Cause DS is complete trash now. DH is still a very good perk.

• ArthurVeloso

Decisive Strike was never designed for the purpose of "healing a deep wound status." It was to severely pushing players from tunneling and play recklessly. If you got more than 1 DS before the 6.1.0 and after the conspicuous actions stuff, you DESERVED to get it.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246
    edited October 2022

I definitely agree that 6.1 didn't change the meta at all. If I pain my car a different color, I still have the same car. The killer meta is still to stack as much slowdown as possible. The perks just have different names now and function a little differently. And I greatly preferred the previous killer slowdowns to the current ones. I think the new killer slowdowns are awful from a gameplay perspective. I struggle to fathom how the CoB/Overcharge/Eruption made it out of playtesting.

I just don't like the direction the game seems to be going. The devs seem to be saying "Hey, it's ok if you're terrible at the game relative to your opponent. You're the power role. Just stack more slowdowns and higher tier add ons." It feels like good play on the survivor side has been devalued by a large margin. You can do all the right things as a team and it just doesn't matter a lot of times since 6.1 because the killer has an absolutely ridiculous slowdown stack.

I'm of the opinion that it's never a good move to balance around weaker players. It wasn't healthy when survivors had instaheals+E key+Mettle of Man. It's not healthy now when killers need zero game sense whatsoever because they can be bailed out by 4 overtuned slowdowns. Were your top killers struggling pre-6.1? I wager that they weren't.

• ArthurVeloso

Here you are your trophy, my dude!

I totally agree with you.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,908

I feel like good survivor play stands out more now than ever. The previous surv meta rewarded mediocre surv play as much if not more than you're saying the current meta rewards poor killer play. The primary driver of all of this surv angst is that players who were mediocre are no longer competitive at their previous MMR. The wheat has been separated from the chaff, and the chaff who thought they were wheat aren't taking that well.

As far as killer (and overall) balance as it relates to slowdown goes, the real villain here is the constant: horrible map design.

What drives the slowdown meta is how wildly different the killer experience can be depending on the combo of killer and map. If you could play a low mobility killer and have map certainty, people wouldn't run slowdown so much. But since you're just as likely to get Red Forest as Dead Dawg, you run those slowdowns every time (unless you are playing a high tier killer, in which case you're either a jerk or not very good).

So long as huge maps and low mobility killers coexist, stacked slowdown is gonna be a thing. It has to be.

Fact of the matter is that for many killers, stacked slowdown is almost necessary. As for the current meta, Eruption is a bit much (and will no doubt be nerfed), but other than that to me it feels like six of one, half a dozen of the other with CoB/Overcharge/PR, etc. compared to Ruin/Undying/Pop, etc.

One thing that actually sucks from the killer side is that the new slowdown meta is now mostly dependent on kicking gens, which is boring and inefficient. And in some cases, it has benefitted me as a surv, when a killer will break chase with me to kick some nearby gen, which happens a surprising amount where it almost never used to.

Are some killers leaning hard on 3 (sometimes 4) stacked slowdown perks? Sure. But if a team can't beat a mid-low tier killer who has dedicated all their perks slots to slowdown, maybe they should do a little self examination in addition to condemning the killer meta.

• ArthurVeloso
    edited October 2022

I just would like to point out to your argument about how different perks affects different killers.

Yes, you are right that a full slowdown build in certain killers can be detrimental for their power mechanic.

However, you need to realize that after the 6.1.0 update, killers got massive buffs, specially with slowdown perks, and basekit features (kick gens, 2 stacks of stbfl, pallet, door break, etc). On the other hand, survivors got a huge nerf with their anti-tunneling perks.

The point is the conversation is that the game seems unplayable for most of the survivors after this update, and it can be proven by the statistics of +60% kill rates for killers. I mean, what is the point for me, a casual player that plays barely 6 hours a week, but buy all the chapters, to spend my time doing gens that will take an eternity to be completed because of those slowdown perks + chasing times reduced. I mean, it forces me to play try hard every time, and some times I stop and reflect, will I really get angry/upset/nervous because of a game during my free time? Of course no, so I am just avoiding playing the game more and more because I cannot chill in a match anymore because I will have only around 36% of chance to survive. That's insane.

The results of it is the decrease of the survivor player base over the time.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

DH validation for killer back then is same (and for exactly the same reason) as survivor using DH right now. If you get killer with ping, you don't have DH. That's why I refuse to use the perk (well I play in EU so russians are likely to connect. Sometimes even middle-east. I presume this is much better for US).

Also the game is not in a good spot. 39% escape rate means it's killer's fiesta. Not a good spot to be in.

• ArthurVeloso

Exactly. This game is going towards a distressful and unfair gameplay to survivors. Even the 100% bloody points is not worthy the stress and distaste to even try to escape at least one time.

Some YouTubers are highlighting this matter like her:

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

Pharmacy got a huge buff though? It now works as many times as there are chests in the map.

And if you're not injured, you shouldn't be looking for chests anyway. Do gens, not chests!

• ArthurVeloso

I don't see as a buff because of I am injured, the last place to search for something is in a chest because most of the time I don't know their location. There is another perk that reveals it's locations, but it is another perk slot wasted when I could run Circle of healing and do it just using one slot.

• Xord

If your argument against pharmacy is chest locations, then it applies to old pharmacy too.

There is one guaranteed chest location in the basement, so that's already a free heal.

The perk being limited by chests is, by itself, a disadvantage, that's why it doesn't see much play. Personally, I only play pharmacy if I'm playing with friends, cause I can tell them not to open chests.

Now comparing any perk to CoH, which is still completely overpowered, isn't exactly fair.

• Sava18

I play both sides, survivor more than killer actually lately. Those stats mean nothing stated by the dev that posted them directly(peanuts). The biggest problem with survivors is matchmaking. A combination between mmr being loosened for queue times and A smaller survivor pool than before meaning survivors are being backfilled instead of killers. On top of that a decent amount of games are played at low mmr where it's very killer sided due to the core functions of the game(killer is easier than survivor when survivors have no idea how to loop). On top of that survivors had extremely busted carry perks taken away from them and ONTOP Of that eruption is busted. This game is much closer to being balanced than it has ever been in it's life, solo queue just needs some information buffs. Other than that maps are extremely unbalanced and have terrible design in recent times, Med-kits are still op, nurse exists and blight has 2 maybe 3(if you count the 1 in a 5000 games that a good blight takes iri tag) that need to be nerfed. But these stats you are referring to have to real reflection on the state of the game, because we have no idea the parameters on them, just as the stats freak dev says. And against as I play more survivor more often than killer since 6.1.0, it's more teammates being inefficient than it is the power disparity in this game. Lets be honest if you are losing to wraith regardless of their build the team sucks or isn't trying. I've said what I want for the most part, but against blight and nurse are capable of being the killer version of sweaty good swfs. It's like damn my solo queue team can't stand up to the 1k hour blight, yeah not surprising, the 200 hour oni can't do anything to the 8k hour survivor team.

Lastly no dh validation was way worse than the interaction with a laggy killer now, I run dh every game and It's not even close.

• ArthurVeloso

No, my friend, my argument about pharmacist is that you could get a first aid medkit one time per trial without being injured. That would be good to get ready for action later on the match. Do you get me?

I mean, previously, you could, at the beginning of the trial, get a green medkit leave in a safe spot (avoid Franklin's demise), and use as needed. Now, you MUST be injured to get one. It is very risky to search a chess while injured specially in the basement. You could throw an entire match for doing it.

• Xord

it is absolutely not risky to search a chesty (at almost double the speed) while being injured, especially if you get a green medkit.

Also if you really fear getting injured, just bring a medkit, and get pharmacy on top of it. But really, being able to find a green medkit up to 3 times is very strong.

You also have the option to 99% your heal, and open all chests on the map and give everyone a green medkit.

Being able to prepare your green medkit isn't that useful. Being limited to only one made the perk trash.

• ArthurVeloso

It is risky to do that. I played killer, and if I hear something like someone opening a chest nearby, I would go for that person for sure. I personally don't do it because of the killer is a stealth killer, the risk is higher. I prefer being healed by a teammate than doing it by my own.

It is strong in theory, but it is not practical. I have never seen someone in my lobby run such a perk since the update released.

99% heals is a good strategy only if the killer has not sloppy butcher.

I think they should make it able to get them without being injured or being able to rummage 2 times chests already opened to get medkits.

• Xord

Why would you open a chest in the center of the terror radius?

If you've been injured and the killer changes target, go away, open a chest, and heal yourself.

If you've been unhooked and the killer comes back to the save, getting healed isn't an option either way.

If you've been unhooked and the killer chases the savior and leaves you alone, again, go away.

Also, if you're really that worried about the time it takes to open chests, you also have the option to 99 any chest you find, and take the time to memorize the chest location.

You're making opening chest a big deal, but any suggestion you're giving hilds the same problem that the perk is tied to chests.

If you open a chest while not injured, the killer might still find you.

• ArthurVeloso

I think it deviates the focus of the objectives. If you run this perk, you might play around it, if you go to away and go back just to open a chest and heal, it seems kind of awkward. I mean, you could instead use circle of healing and do it infinite times. It saves you time, and other people can use it.

• Xord

I mean, CoH is infinitely better than pharmacy, but again, CoH needs a nerf and totems need a rework. (as all other totems are weak, except maybe shadowstep).

The problem with the perk is that you gotta know when to use it. You gotta memorize all chests locations during the match, and if you're grouped, ask your friends to tell you if they find any. Then, when you're injured, get healed by a team mate, only self heal if that's the only option.

There are good things to do with that perk, but it's also easy to make it a killer perk if you just spend your game opening chests while injured.