We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Solving cheaters problems by making BENCHMARKS with other games to improve DBD

Scinuzza
Scinuzza Member Posts: 13
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hi,

Introduction:

The game has a really bad problem with cheaters, is making the game not fun anymore. Not even "Easy Anti-Cheat" can make things better, because people will find other ways using new steam accounts again and again (look at R6S, for example).

So, how other games deal with cheaters? What are the best games in terms of less cheaters wins? Sometimes benchmarks are needed (as DBD has done sometimes, lately) to have improvements. So I'm here to bring two ideas that, if fitted correctly (with some pitches), may will help the game.

The Ideas:

Chose one, or both, thinking what fits best in DBD and making a pitch for it.

1. Overwatch 2 understands who's new to the game even on the first release day because of the merging account option, bringing skins, hours played with each charachter on different platforms etc; but since it became free to play this means that even more cheaters can appear there, so the important thing that they made to counter this is: every new player MUST win 50 games to access ranked matches. DBD dosen't have ranked matches tho.. so why I'm saying that? because it probably needs this system, for both solving the problems with cheaters and people who at higher ranks don't want to lose the rank because of other players cheating or just not collaborating (and in this game you can't win only by you own).
  2. What about the IP Address system? for example Twitch, after a ban, sees if someone creates new accounts in many ways. Most people who get banned just create new accounts again and again so that cheats never ends. What about using this sistem? I know that is not the best solution since it only works with a static IP, but not everyone use Dynamicly Allocated addressing, so it can still reduce cheaters.

Conclusion:

For now, these are the only idea that came to my mind, hope you will do some more benchmarks, pitch and fit new solutions against cheaters in DBD.

Best regards,

Scinuzza.