Having that simple AI you showed off be implemented

Options
Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'd love for singleplayer to be a thing, i'd play both that and multiplayer.
You can just implement it, then evolve it by observing the results people give you for playing against them.

Comments

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250
    Options
  • Boss
    Options

Don't think that qualifies as a repost.
    And besides, it fits more in this subforum than that one.

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250
    Options

Could fit either one, fair enough =) Neat suggestion, I'd just say the same thing as I said there.

• robin
    robin Member Posts: 149
    Options

I agree, I wish I could practice on AI instead of trying to get good with a certain killer on pros that pallet loop me before I know what I'm doing (flashbacks to when I wanted to learn nurse)

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    I’d love a single player mode. It would allow us to have fun games and not get stressed out over everything. It’d also allow us to practice with certain Killers and loadouts and make getting certain trophies/achievements easier (I’m looking at you, Evil Incarnate). 
  • Fropps
    Fropps Member Posts: 66
    Options

I think implementing the AI could be really nice for testing stuff. My friends don't play the game right now and I can't test stuff in Kyf without roping someone else in so I can load in.

• Boss
    Options

@Fropps said:
    I think implementing the AI could be really nice for testing stuff. My friends don't play the game right now and I can't test stuff in Kyf without roping someone else in so I can load in.

Yeah, that's one thing that always bugged me as well.
    I'd love to just be able to roam the maps as Survivor or Killer on my own.

• mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153
    Options

I would love a single player mode, they could do something like chapter stories or something where theres a mini story of that chapters killer and survivor, having you pick one or the other and do something story challenges. like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsHawK3LzrQ (credit to the you tuber and 3d modeler who made this)

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

AI is very complicated and hard to code well. While it would be a good idea, it would also be a lot of work, time and energy that could be put to better use improving the features they already have. If you wanted to practice against a killer who won't be unsportsmanlike or troll you, you're not going to get that with single player right away. It would take a long time and lots of experimentation to get the ai to a point where it could stand in for a human player. For now, I would recommend either playing the tutorial or finding a friend to help you practice in KYF.