Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What's up with the community?

Options

Does anyone know why there are so many disrespectful people in this game? I decided to play survivor for the rift fragments and of the seven times I have played, I have been hit on hook repeatedly until I get sacrificed. I know this is not just killers, either, I have experienced Survivors T-bagging after every pallet dropped. I don't want to say it's the entire community, it just feels like the majority are toxic. Now that I typed this out, it feels more like a vent than an actual question, sorry. If anyone has insight or would just like to offer their opinion, please do so.

Answers

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    Options

well, it just depends on the way you play, and by your pfp if you play nurse, she's just generally hated on, and you'll expect to see t-bags often, but if you play other killers, I only see it done for 2 reasons

you've tunneled someone in some way either by accident or on purpose

they're trying to get your attention so you don't go after the injured person, or because they want to be a try-hard

• ChilleBean
    ChilleBean Member Posts: 22
    Options

That does make sense, (also props for the profile picture notice lol). My trouble is mostly when I play survivor; I try to avoid doing anything that can possibly be taken as "toxic" (T-bagging, flashlight clicking, spam vault) and I still get hit on hook for...being a survivor? Anyways, I appreciate your response! Thank you so much!

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    Options

no i agree, it happens a lot but like

simply put, if you're good at survivor, killers hate you, I would never personally hit someone on hook for that reason, but it does tick me off when a survivor loops me for more than 1 gen

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 455
    Options

I hit once on a hook when the survivor is first hooked. I don't want to hear them scream, so hit.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

Everyone has the potential to be rude; everyone has the potential to be a gentleman.

If we could be respectful to both winners and losers, that would be great.

But even if everyone is a gentleman, everyone has his or her own criteria. That is the difficult point. Behavior that is deemed not disrespectful to someone may be deemed disrespectful to someone else. We have seen such situations many times on the forum.

I wish there could be peace, but peace is impossible. Still, it may be important to try to be peaceful.

• ChilleBean
    ChilleBean Member Posts: 22
    Options

I like your answer. I really wish I had something to say other than "I like your answer", but...that is a nice answer.