Basekit Kinship?

JennyLove1
JennyLove1 Member Posts: 6
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

title, but adjust kinship as follows:

"The entity likes a fair game for maximum suffering

While you are on the Hook for 30 seconds, if the killer is within 16 meters of your hook the timer is paused until the killer leaves, effect persists for 20 seconds

does not activate while the killer is in the chase interaction"

• Alternatively, could give a negative bloodpoint multiplyer to the killer for the remainder of the trial if they're near the hook when a survivor goes from summoning phase to struggle
    • this would make face-camping impossible/punish killers who refuse to interact with the game as intended, while also allowing reassurance to keep more niche value, and not force the survivor to get close to the camping killer to pause the timer.
    • i feel survivors should not need to take so many niche "second chance" perks to get their 3 hook states fairly or depip because the killer cant play the game right

Before anyone says anything, i play both killer and survivor ♥

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,215

Aura's are still more powerful than voice comms, so I don't think basekit Kindred as it is, is a good idea.

I'd much rather something like 'killer instinct' but for survivors to see other survivors. 'Survival Instinct' if you will.

When a survivor goes down, you get a graphic that shows you the rough locations of other survivors for say 3 seconds, then again when a survivor is hooked. This let's you know if there are any other survivors close to the hook.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
  • Seraphor

Sorry, I still forget it's called Kinship and not Camaraderie. 😂 That's how little it's used.

Absolutely doesn't. It's why I still run Kindred even when I'm playing in a SWF. Being able to instantly see where someone is is far better than waiting for them to tell me.

• Seraphor

Actually on topic though:

I think Kinship needs a buff, not to be basekit, but to make it as viable as Reassurance. Reassurance is the DLC alternative, while Kinship is a generic perk that does a similar thing.

It should:

A. Apply to both hook states, not just the struggle phase.

B. Telegraph it's presence to all survivors via a buff icon.

So perhaps the change to Kinship should be:

While on the hook, at the start of each hook state, all other survivors gain the effect of Kinship. If an effected survivor comes within 16 meters of your hook, your hook timer is paused for 26/30/34 seconds.

• Blizwise
    Blizwise Member Posts: 69

I thought about that.

I figured just have the timer pause within so metres. After so long of pause get a free self unhook with ability to take a hit.

stops facecamping and if the killer chooses to stay the other 3 can do gens while said player is just chillin on the hook then at anytime he can unhook and try and get away.

but wouldn’t stop tunnelling and may make them tunnel worse but the taking a free hit may also help stop it.

would be hard to abuse as a survivor and avoidable as killer to allow them to avoid abusing it

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Just to add something to the perk description...

Stacks with Reassurance.

Meaning, if someone procs Kinship, that's 34 seconds. Then if they use Reassurance, the time gets added together, up to 68 seconds.

Also, Reassurance should get a buff to be usable both hook states instead of per hook instance. Allowing for a total of 136 seconds worth of pausing the hook, taking 256 seconds for a survivor to die on the hook.

If we're worried about hostage situations, allow self-unhooking + struggle skill checks (make the skill checks easy when the perk is active).