Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Unusual amount of crashes

MarbleThrone
MarbleThrone Member Posts: 432

Yesterday and today I crashed a total of 3 times, with more probably coming soon.

At the same time I notice other players also dc'ing without a clear reason. DBD never crashed before so I am really curious what's going on.

I am playing on PC (Steam, Windows 10).

7 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• pudimenvenenado
    pudimenvenenado Member Posts: 2

i've been crashing everytime on midwich. anyone else? even got a dc penalty....

• soulfire22
    soulfire22 Member Posts: 80

i crashed today on dead dawg saloon, my friend also appears to have crashing issues.

• Mcbuddy826
    Mcbuddy826 Member Posts: 23

i dced twice in the last week in games i was clearly winning and got a penalty for both its annyoing

• MarbleThrone

For good measure, today I did not experience any crashes. I had verified the game files in Steam and also turned off the recording software (NVIDIA). I am not sure if this worked but so far, so good.

• Mcbuddy826

I have dced 5 times in the last week while playing killer making me lose games i was winning pleaase fix this itsw annoying AF

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

Do you guys crash like this?

• Mcbuddy826

no i crash mid game when doing actions like kicking gens or hooking survs and its more of a disconection to the end screen than a full crash but its very annoying

• Mcbuddy826

it has happened on multiple killers i play

• Mcbuddy826
    edited October 2022

when i dc again ill clip it and post here cause its def gonna happen again

• MarbleThrone

Not quite, I get a black crash report screen with the unreal engine logo in the top left corner. "Our apologies for crashing amids your killing/surviving spree" is what it says.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

Interesting. I crashed like what was shown in the video and it got fixed today so I can actually play. I was crashing every 3 mins

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I get "disconnection from host" crashes where I get stuck just before the game crashes and it says that both myself and the killer DC'd.

Here I froze when I went to unhook my teammate, could only move camera around. Was stuck like this for about 30 seconds before game crashed.