A suggestion for nurse

Options
Drift_Wiz
Drift_Wiz Member Posts: 14
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Oh wow another Nurse topic!!

So while I believe nurse blink attacks should be special attacks mainly because it doesn't make sense that she can both ignore gameplay mechanics and get the benefits of basic attack perks/exposed status at the exact same time. This alone makes it so that most survivor perks may as well not exist against her (good luck if you don't have dead hard or something) and it feels like you have to bring the best survivor perks every game in case the killer is nurse, so you can potentially have the chance to not have the worst time ever against that killer.

If the concern is that blink attacks = special hits would lower perk synergy though (right now I think about 12 perks would be affected) here's an idea

Three categories of blinks:

First blink that traverses through anything = special attack

First blink that does not traverse through anything = basic attack

Chain blinks = Special attack

Wonder what people think of it

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Better thought out than NeRf NuRsE or GuT nUrSe topics.....but to be honest I think the first blink should always be basic and anything after is special. Only because Nurse is the slowest Killer in the game and is actually SLOWER than survivors until Bloodlust kicks in and even then the Survivors will probably be far enough away that she will need to Blink to catch up. The only reason why I don't think first blink that's passes through something makes is special wouldn't be a good thing because how map design is.....most maps have a lot of clutter that normally block movement so a Blink could pass through one of those sections making setup near impossible.

But thank you for actually giving a decent suggestion rather than a full Freddy Nerf one

• Drift_Wiz
    Drift_Wiz Member Posts: 14
    Options

Correct that map design forces nurse to almost always (or always) blink through something. I guess it's hard to find an in between with having nurse synergize way too well with certain perks (a perk can't ever be good these days without nurse's existence making it too strong) and having certain perks be almost unusable on her without the 4.6 addon. Still, with more perks these days activating on "survivor loses a health state" instead of basic attack, she would still have access to many other perks.