Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Super slow loading time when first opening the game. (PC - Windows Store version)

I_Nevan
I_Nevan Member Posts: 2

So for a very long time now I have noticed when I open dead by daylight it loads very very slowly this happens 100% of the time, but the stranger thing I have noticed I'll note below.

Crashes have been very common too, this happens semi rarely, but when they start to happen they will happen back to back to back.

So in more detail what happens is you'll open the game and the EAC windows opens (Which is also very slow at loading - 15s to 1 minute), then the game will open up with no issues, cutscene is fine all that good stuff but when you hit space to play it'll start loading. This is when it takes FOREVER to load, it will take easily 30 second PER message (Like "Syncing Friends", "Loading Prestige", all that stuff takes easily 30 seconds per message).

But the weirder thing is, it seems to be tied to if the app is focused or not, if i keep the window focused (Just sitting on the game waiting for it to load) it will take ages to load. But if i simply hit the windows key to let go of focus from dead by daylight, it will load insanely fast (like 10 seconds total).

I have tried everything and it just seems to only be getting worse, recently (past 3 weeks) even the un-focusing the window don't seem to help but half the time.

Just to say, this has happened on multiple pc's of mine and the main pc i use is actually running a fresh copy of windows 11, not even a full day of having this OS installed as of writing this post. Happened with my old build of windows 11 (Which i wiped) too.

I don't know the steps to reproduce but i'd be happy to share any information. Also today i was crashing a lot and this was one of the crash messages it copied to my clipboard i'll be sure to link the file.

And yes i know there is posts about slow loading but it all seems to be steam or console, And none are detailed.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated