Wraith weapon cosmetic too big

I just got "The Heart of Miss Smithson" Wraith weapon cosmetic from the store and it is so big it covers up the right portion of the screen so much.

Is it possible to make it smaller?

I think the cosmetic looks great, but I wouldn't use it in its current form. Visibility is more important in my opinion.

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,502

Speaking of GIANT weapons, the Huntress outfit Mordeo suffers from a similar problem where the weapon is WAY too big

• Rutgrr
    Rutgrr Member Posts: 16

Same with Wraiths golden weapon, Fortune's Fate

• MissGrimReaper
    MissGrimReaper Member Posts: 5

Omg, thank you so much for this post, I've been panicking for an hour trying to figure out why is my weapon zoomed in severely (haven't been playing for like 5 month-ish), never occurred to me it's a character-specific-cosmetic issue... The amount of relief I'm feeling now is cathartic..

BUT, this is an issue! People like me payed real life money to get the coolest weapon skin for Phillip, only for it to disadvantage you big time.

Not sure how do we even get this to BHVR, took them like 6 months to fix Clowns entire body skin (the court Jester looking one) clipping in all directions except when looking slightly up. Had to stop playing that character overall just for that.

Well... Sad that I can't refund the Wraith's weapon skin :(

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 460

The weapon's actually the correct size as shown in the store/menu, it's because unlike most of Wraiths....axes? The Heart Of Miss Smithson actually bends backwards allowing for the Head/Heart of the weapon to sit behind the blade's properly. So what you see isn't a larger version of the weapon model, just that the head of the weapon is curving back towards the player making it seem much larger. A perspective trick.

Being said, i can understand newer player's seeing this affecting gameplay, but it's generally not something that the majority have found problematic since this weapon cosmetic has been out for years now without any real complaint. Granted i'm saying this with some bias having used this weapon for years so i can't say i experianced difficulties with it because i honestly do not remember.

As mentioned by another poster this weapon doesn't take up as much of the screen as other's, Wraith's true offender in this regard is his Meet Your Maker weapon which is actually very big and not a perspective trick.