Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Changing loadout drops killer from lobby

ka_klick
ka_klick Member Posts: 9

• Platform: PC, Steam

• Description of the issue:

Changing the loadout slot while in a lobby sometimes drops you (killer) from the party.

As killer I generally have 2 main loadout slots, with one using Lightborn, and make a decision which to use as the lobby fills out. Sometimes after the latest 6.3.2 patch, changing over to one or the other of these slots results in being dropped from the lobby and having to re-queue. It seems that sometimes going out to the main menu and re-selecting killer will fix it for the first lobby, but it re-appears.

• Steps to reproduce (if possible)

1. Play at least 2 games as killer.
  2. After the first game, change loadout profiles while in the lobby.
  3. Be dumped from the lobby.

• How often does this occur

Starting last night it seemed to occur every time I changed load outs, unless I had just restarted the game or at least backed all the way out to the main menu.

VOD highlight with this several times: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1635976532

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• ka_klick

Seems like it was fixed w/ 6.4.0, I haven't had killers drop from changing load outs since it released.

• ka_klick

Looks like I spoke too soon, happened last night again after the 6.4.1 patch. On Trapper, going to the build w/ Lightborn. Seemed OK w/ switching away from that build in a later lobby.

• ELee
    ELee Member Posts: 3

Still happens, if you do it slowly it's less likely to kick you out. Sometimes switching between two loadouts that didn't cause this issue doesn't kick you out but selecting third slot does.

Info that may be related to this issues: every UI change causes micro stutters regardless of PC configuration (source: friends and streams)

Platform: PC, Steam; Killer: any

• Zaydin
    Zaydin Member Posts: 275

I did extensive testing about this last month and figured the cause out: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3291262

Specifically it's if you switch between preset loadouts that have an addon in common but the addon is in a different slot in the loadout you switch to.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 717

I think it happens if an addon specifically moves from slot 2 to 1 when changing profiles. I also reported this after doing testing.