Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Make Your Choice QOL

A good quality of life update to Make Your Choice would be that when the killer downs the survivor affected by the perk, then that survivor has the Exposed status removed. This issue became apparent to me when I saved someone and the exposed status was placed onto me and then when I got downed and hooked. One of the survivors in the trial picked me up and used his instant heal on me, but the exposed state was still in effect which countered it and gave the tunneling and campy killer a free two downs. Of course you could say that maybe stealth it after you get saved, but in my case I had no way to stealth it since the killer was tight patrolling the hook.

Comments

• MrDrakanator
    MrDrakanator Member Posts: 47

Eh, I do get where your coming from and I understand what your saying, in fact I think the design of the perk is to only make use of that exposed status affect once, however, with that said, I don't know if the "QOL" change should happen, as it is situational for such a unfortunate thing to happen, and Make Your Choice is not really something that most people look at as needing a nerf, which this would be. However, on the flip side, it's so situational for this unfortunate thing to happen that this change most of the time wouldn't actually hurt the perk, for me I wouldn't mind the change I don't think, but it's up in the air.

• bevdog67
    bevdog67 Member Posts: 57

Like John Kramer says, Failure to make the right choice will result in death...

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

@bevdog67 said:
    Like John Kramer says, Failure to make the right choice will result in death...

Yeah well it's different when the choice is not up to you. Like Amanda's traps.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

I have another QOL change for Make your choice. If the perk would light up when we're far enough away from the hook that would be awesome.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@βLAKE said:
    A good quality of life update to Make Your Choice would be that when the killer downs the survivor affected by the perk, then that survivor has the Exposed status removed. This issue became apparent to me when I saved someone and the exposed status was placed onto me and then when I got downed and hooked. One of the survivors in the trial picked me up and used his instant heal on me, but the exposed state was still in effect which countered it and gave the tunneling and campy killer a free two downs. Of course you could say that maybe stealth it after you get saved, but in my case I had no way to stealth it since the killer was tight patrolling the hook.

You're not asking for a QOL change. You're asking for a NERF.
    And I disagree with that nerf.

• VayneHellslinger
    VayneHellslinger Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2018

Hmm this feels very niche. Situations I can think of where this makes a tangible difference is in the case of an insta-heal medkit like you mentioned, you pop adrenaline at the perfect time, or borrowed time is on. I'm not too sure about that last interaction, but the first two feel like the only times this will be effective. While normally I'd support this on principal of survivor/killer counterplay and how that creates interesting gameplay, I don't trust the devs enough for them to unintentionally change something in the code that breaks it either in favour of killer or survivors.

• AsymetricNerd
    AsymetricNerd Member Posts: 2

I dont agree this would need to be changed, that is the power of the perk, the fact u have that alloted time to make the down doesn't mean it should happen once

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited June 2018

@AsymetricNerd said:
    I dont agree this would need to be changed, that is the power of the perk, the fact u have that alloted time to make the down doesn't mean it should happen once

Yeah I agree. The perk is meant to give you a minute of exposed status, it doesn't say it applies only on the next hit. If you get downed twice in that minute it sucks, but you and your saver probably made some big mistakes to make this happen (=you did the wrong choices).

Btw how can a killer using MYC be "tunneling and campy" since that perk requires to not camp nor tunnel to work?

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

@White_Owl said:

@AsymetricNerd said:

Yeah I agree. The perk is meant to give you a minute of exposed status, it doesn't say it applies only on the next hit. If you get downed twice in that minute it sucks, but you and your saver probably made some big mistakes to make this happen (=you did the wrong choices).

Btw how can a killer using MYC be "tunneling and campy" since that perk requires to not camp nor tunnel to work?

He didn't camp the person that I saved, but he camped me when I was hooked.