Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

6.3.2 Bugfix Patch midwich hooks notes

coley_219
coley_219 Member Posts: 325

I am on PS5 and I see you guys say that the midwich hooks were fixed but i encountered a serious problem in my match where there were no hooks visible for me to go to. I had agitation and iron grasp and I still couldn't get to hooks. I used the offering 3 times but this only happened to me on the third time using the offering. Here is a clip and I removed the audio because I was way too salty but you guys need to see what happened. as a side note - this map is listed to be used in the semi final round of the community cup which is nov 6th but this is a serious problem.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

I too hope that more hooks will be added to Midwich.

I watched your clip. I did not see any problem with the location of the hook in Midwich this time.

From your clip I diagram the location of the hooks.

1. You failed to carry Yun-Jin Lee to the hook, 1st time. If you had not lost your way in the Courtyard, you arrived in time for the hook in the Hall or the hook in the Basement.
    2. You failed to carry Ada Wong to the hook, 1st time. This is because you attacked Lee after you lost your way to begin with.
    3. You failed to carry Yun-Jin Lee to the hook, 2nd time. At this time, if you took the shortest route to the Hall, you arrived in time.
    4. You failed to carry Ada Wong to the hook, 2nd time. By this time, you will have noticed that there are no hooks around. If so, you can use the hook directly above you by breaking the Breakable Wall in the toilet.
  • coley_219
    coley_219 Member Posts: 325

this is an awesome analysis - thank you for taking the time to do this. @wimpy do you think if I didn't make those mistakes and I didn't run iron grasp and agitation that I still would have made it to the locations you stated?

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

@coley_219

First of all, let me say this. I agree with you that more hooks in Midwich will make it a very easy map. However, this map, which is small in area to begin with, has the highest kill rate and favors the killer side.

Currently, 8 hooks are placed except Basement. The easiest case is when 4 hooks are placed on each floor. If only 3 hooks are placed on the 1st floor, as in this case, you will need to be creative.

The hook you sacrificed Claudette Morel is the only hook on the Reception side of the 1st floor. Losing it in the 1st sacrifice is the main reason for your failure. And not using the hook in the Music Room by breaking the breakable wall in the toilet after losing that hook was the 2nd cause of your failure.

The distance inside the Midwich corridor is about 35 meters. The carryable distance without Agitation and Iron Grasp is about 58.9 meters.

do you think if I didn't make those mistakes and I didn't run iron grasp and agitation that I still would have made it to the locations you stated?

Let's examine them in turn.

The first place you killed Claudette was in the classroom right beside the important hook. From that location, you would have been able to reach the hook in the Hall well enough. If I were you, I would hang it there.

That way, you could have hung Lee or Ada on the important hook or on the hook next to the Music Room when you made your future kills.

Even if you had hung Claudette on an important hook, as you did in this case, you could have hung her on the hook next to the Music Room in the case of Lee's 1st failed case.

Ada's 1st failed case could have been next to the Music Room, or even in the Basement, and it would have been fine.

The location of Lee's 2nd failed case is the most difficult. In this case, neither the side of the Music Room nor the Hall could possibly have reached it just in time.

Ada's 2nd failed case was also right on the hook next to the Music Room.

I apologize for the lengthy discussion.

In conclusion, if you are asking if this hook placement has caused me any trouble, the answer is NO.

Thinking during a match about which hooks to lose to disadvantage later in the game is just as important a strategy as which generators to crowd together. It is not limited to Midwich.