Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Match Making Changes.... I hope developers read these.....

Why isnt match making based on devotion levels? This is a true record of just how much you have played this game. I am new to the game. Playing almost 3 months. I just hit devotion level 2, and yet talking to people I have been playing with, they are devotion level 30 +. It makes it very frustrating playing against people who tea bag me the entire game because I cant hit them as they run circles around me. If the developers would make match making based on devotion levels, then the only time I would be playing people so much higher than me is when they make new accts just so they can inflate their ego playing against new people instead of people who have just as much experience as they do.... Just saying....

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

The one matchmaking change I desparately want is for it to stop prioritizing pairing Oni killers with No Mither survivors 😫

• ProveKa
    ProveKa Member Posts: 172

The game was a SWF game, entering solo will upset your nerves

• KblokoBR
    KblokoBR Member Posts: 209

The MMR is the true villain, we can't know it if its high or low until in the match.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,257

Or slightly buff survivors so that Q times are the same (ish) for both sides and killers have enough survivors to choose from (and is not forced to allocate the only available survivors in game - which are from very different MMR group then you are)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Why isnt match making based on devotion levels?

Because beyond a small number of hours playtime is a terrible metric for matchmaking. Someone can have played Nurse for 100 hours and hardly anybody else and be extremely good at her and win just as much as someone who plays 30 different killers for 30 hours each. Plus there are diminishing returns on more and more play time, it’s not obvious how much better a 7000 hour player is than a 1000 or 2000 hour player.

Not to mention that devotion isn’t character specific for killers while the MMR system is. So for instance my Nurse and Huntress ratings are probably a lot lower than my ratings for, say, Doctor who I’m a lot better with since I don’t play those first two often enough to be consistent with their attacks.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979

Time played does not equal skill

If i was paired with professional survivors every time that can loop forever, cleanse and identify hex totems 2 minutes into the game, and genrush while making sure i dont get any points when im usually a chill killer who either has a BP build or tries to kill in other ways besides hooking, this game would be terrible for me

• TheEternalOne
    TheEternalOne Member Posts: 5

Yes but if matchmaking was based truly on time played... IE devotion levels... then it would at least be a little more fair. Being new to the game its frustrating that someone sees how I cant loop, cant evade, and then kills me over and over until I'm out of the game. I dont blame them either. The goal is to win and taking the weak link out of the game helps towards that.

It just seems a little more fair to play against people who have played this game (in relative game time) the same as me with the same devotion lvl that I have over someone who is devotion level 30 or 50 and has been playing for years.... I really like this game, but its nerve racking enough getting beat to death with a club or stabbed to death ... and still having to work against people who can do it easily over someone like me who misses over half my attacks or dodges

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,257

Time is not a good indicator. Tightened kill/escape is already much better. The problem is, that they don't want very fair matches - reason being high MMR players hate it (because they "have to" sweat all the time) + it prolonges queue times. So devs decided to actually give you unfair matches (those that make you OP and also those where you get stomped - no matter which side you play if you are not on skill extremes - too good or too bad - where there are not that many people to give you more extreme players).