PC -Frequent Crashing when playing Sadako

What to add in the description

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as Sadako in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, chase a survivor

Step 4 : Notice the game crashes when hitting a survivor (3/6 crashes), when manifesting (2/6 crashes) or during chase (1/6 crashes)

Additional information

• Sadako
  • Deadlock, Corrupt, Pain Resonance, Spirit Fury (iirc)
  • Map - The Game, RPD East, Yamaoka Estate, and some others, can't remember them all
  • 6 of 7 games played with Sadako in the last three days, none before that, none in ~2 dozen survivor games in the same time, haven't played any other killers

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• LSE
    LSE Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2022

I want to second this - but for PS4. There's definitely something going on with Sadako that crashes my game consistently.

Last night I wanted to do my daily and hit 4 people with Sadako after Manifestation. I tried 4 times - and my game crashed 4 times, every time after starting a chase with a Survivor and either right before or shortly after I manifested and hit them (the console froze for a second, then DbD crashed to a blue "fatal error" screen before taking me back to the PS4 dashboard). Sadly I didn't take note of the error code but because my DC penalty was already at 15 minutes due to the previous crashes I didn't wanna repeat the process for the sake of reporting.

After the third crash I wanted to test if Sadako was the issue. I played 3 games of Survivor, 3 Killer games as Doctor, 2 Killer games as Pyramid Head - zero issues, all trials played out normally until concluded. Then I played Sadako again - crash after starting a chase with the first Survivor I found.

One more thing of note: This 100% did not happen during the Halloween event (when 6.3.2 was already out) when I played Sadako quite a bit because of her ability to rack up Deviousness and Brutality points relatively quickly, thus getting out a lot out of the recent Bloodhunt. Never had a single crash. Just noticed it last night when I played her for the first time after the event.

Details:

Platform: PS4 (Standard model)

Killer: Sadako (bloody Prestige skin, all 3 pieces equipped)

Build: Bamboozle, Corrupt Intervention, Deadlock, Pain Resonance (funny coincidence that 3 out of 4 of my perks are the same ones OP used) + "Reiko's Watch" & "Old Newspaper" add-ons (used during all affected games) + "Bloody Party Streamers" offering (used 3 out of 4 of the affected games)

Maps: Family Residence, Treatment Theatre, Disturbed Ward, Midwich Elementary School

Post edited by LSE on