Trickster's Add-ons

I would like to see Trickster get an add-on rework. It just seems like many of his add-ons don't do anything or are over tiered. I recognize that there are several other killers with the same issue or worse (Oni, Pyramid Head, Artist) but I mainly just wanted to address Trickster in this post.

The main thing I think is an issue is his add-ons that do things to Main Event. Inferno Wires, Tequila Moonrock, Lucky Blade, Waiting for you watch, and Death Throes Compilation. Honestly all of these are add-ons that you will never see used because they are focused on the weakest (or most RNG dependant) part of his kit but also do things that dont even really help that part of the kit. Like main event lasting longer doesnt really make it much better because survivors gain distance throughout the entire main event. You are slower than survivors. making main event only useful in two situations. 1) catching a survivor in a dead zone and 2) camping a hook. and since you cant hold main event forever or even a decently long time you cant capitalize on it most of the time. You either need to force M1 hits when you dont want to to 99 your main event or accept its a rarely used part of his power. But even if we ignore that aspect they seem to be in rarities that dont make sense. Inferno Wires increases main event by 2.5 seconds as a Brown but to get the same value at the Green level, WFY Watch, you need to hit with 9 blades, which seems insane to me. For the Yellow, Lucky Blade, its 13 blades to match. And the Tequila Moonrock doubles those. Like I dont mind some increasing duration but I think 4 different add-ons increasing duration might be much. So This is what I am thinking as a potential change.

Infernal Wires, and Tequila Moonrock stay the same. Or Keep Tequila Moonrock and replace Infernal wires with what Lucky Blade or WFY Watch is now.

Lucky Blade - Reduces the number of blades needed to get to main event by 3

WFY Watch - Reduces the number of blades needed to get to main event by 6

Death Throes Comp- After Main Event add 44 blades to your inventory (This can exceed your Max number of blades). So if you reload and then Main Event you have 88 blades after. If this is too powerful I could also see it stating you no longer have main event, when fully charging main event gain 44 blades to your inventory. Another possibility is giving it an Oni like ability where with Death Throes once you reach main event you can trigger it at any time. Removing the Time Limit.

I just think that having 4 add-ons doing the same thing which doesnt even really improve the power is kinda bs and that Iri's should do something somewhat strong. What do yall think?

Comments

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

The only add-ons that I think need changing are his Main Event ones since Main Event is already very situational, but the other ones are already great. In my opinion, Trickster has one of the best sets of add-ons for his character in the game as they aren't op but are all very helpful to his gameplay. Want more knives? Bloody Boa helps a ton. Want faster knife-holding speed? Caged-Heart Shoes has you covered and helps a lot around all loops. Faster fire rate? Fizz-Spin Soda will get a ton of knife hits in before they reach that window. Wanna change or enhance his knife gameplay? All the purple add-ons do just that without any drawback to his normal knife hits. Even the pink add-ons have the potential to be extremely powerful as making Main Event never be worthless with a free reload or downing survivors in just a few knife hits is incredible.

So I don't think he needs a complete add-on rework. However, I very much like your improvements to the Main Event add-ons. Right now, both sets are far too similar to each other, so changing one of them to reduce the number of charges needed to activate Main Event so that it occurs more often and increasing the values of the other one per knife hit to award the player by making Main Event last longer is absolutely brilliant and I love your ideas for that!

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

For me all I ever used was fizz spin soda and caged heart shoes and never looked back.. When you play killer for thousands of hrs you tend to run the same 2 add ons for all the variety of killers you play because they perfectly aid you to all of your algorithms of gameplay playing that specific killer downing survivors.