Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Archive challenges sometimes not progressing

I've seen people reporting some specific challenges not progressing, but I've not seen anyone mention it in general. Several times have I had my progress towards an archive not count for some unknown reason, despite not disconnecting or anything. One example is the Bloody Rewards challenge on Page 2 of the current Tome, and Bring The Light of Page 3. I completed at least two gens' worth of progress this one match, yet earned no progress towards my challenge.

13 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• whereismykebab
    whereismykebab Member Posts: 228

Reverent doesn't seem to count the sacrifice that ends the game

• GTONY
    GTONY Member Posts: 5

I also had some issues when the challenges i definitely completed or particularly completed doesn't count at all. The last one i can't complete because it doesn't count is 13th-TOME, Page 3, Appeal to heal - Survivor challenge (Fully deplete 5 Med-kit(s)).

No matter how many times i try to complete this challenge, it doesn't work.

13th-TOME, Page 3, Athletic Grace doesn't count as well no matter how many times i vault pallets or windows or both while in chase as Meg Thomas.

There was some more minor challenges which didn't counted but i finnaly got completed.

The last place you look - Unlock 8 chests didn't counted many times then after reload of a laptop and the game itself it finally counted.

And one of killer challenges were not counted fully when i had to kill 4 survivors.. but when i hooked and killed that way everyone only 3 of 4 were counted. The next match by doing the same i completed the challenge.

• Venus_Paradise
    Venus_Paradise Member Posts: 5

I play on PC, Steam

I have been having issues with nearly all the challenges in the current tome, just tomes in general, and I had lots of issues with halloween but managed to get it done. I think a lot of people tend to actually notice those main big challenges (like 4 sacrifices, or things that happen in one game only) because it's so obvious when they aren't counted; so that's why they're mentioned more. Whereas totem cleanses can low-key be forgotten, and then it might end up working at some point anyways so they just don't notice. I've been using the solution below when I'm having a finicky challenge, and praying to the dbd gods lol. Wishing everyone luck.

❗️ A Temp half-solution I found: It seems to help (sometimes) to make sure you only have one challenge role selected. Example: unselect your killer slot challenge if you're playing survivor. As well as going to an old tome selecting one of those challenges then going back and then selecting the one you actually want to do. It seems like it betters the odds of actually getting some progress on the challenges.

• Zariva83
    Zariva83 Member Posts: 45

Same problem... PS5 Version. 6.300.201

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 817

Happend to me aswell, with the "repair gens with a rare toolbox" Challenge and the unhook challenge, I'm on PC, Steam aswell.

Unequipping and reequipping the challenge works for me, so I try to do that every time I start the game but is is very annoying.