The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why do survivors not lose their items, addons and the killer does lose his addons?

My proposal is the next: if the killer sacrifices 4 survivors (ruthless victory) he will not lose their items and addons.

Comments

• Hex_A_Decimal
    Hex_A_Decimal Member Posts: 9

I think based on the massively lop-sided boost a killer can get from their add-ons, versus survivors, that would require major rework.

Not with commons, but with things like

• Cox-combed Clapper (Wraith)
    • Tombstone (Shape)
    • Iridescent Heads (Huntress)

In the right hands (not elite skilled, just adept players), those sorts of items are disgustingly powerful, and would grant those sorts of players almost a permanent perk, you know?

Not to mention Player Items actually have a limit within game, whereas killers receive infinite boosts during the match based on their add-ons.

Last, I think this would promote game-hostage slugging. Not in the "last survivor is right here, I'm going to get him first" sort of way, but in the "I'm going to leave this guy here so he has to either bleed for 3-4 minutes or DC while I chase the other guy, because gods-forbid he get the hatch!!!!1111"

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

Probably because survivors have zero counter play against a killers add-ons. And some of the killers add-ons are horribly unbalanced. If I see a full lobby of survivors with items I'm about to bust out Franklin's Demise and make them super salty. Survivors also get way less blood points than killers on average probably to make up for losing add-ons every game.

• Youkari
    Youkari Member Posts: 53

Still not reasonable enough; i admit that killers who wanna use strong add-ons should invest alot in these but i'm guessing he's not talking about OP add-ons rather bout add-ons who either spice gameplay in another direction or boost ability to make killer viable at all... and worst due the RNG it's a pain regaining these for a solid constant play... as survivor items/add-ons may have limited usage it undenyibly gives em a huge boost for survival and carrying these items over to next EZ surviving games without loss or further investment does seem unfair, regardless the difference of point quality wich sometimes not far as well depending how survivor play. / I always criticised the skillshop/bloodweb system as it's too RNG focused nowadays... back then with only 4 survivors and 3 killers the perk pool was small so RNG were not as heavy as it nowadays now actually is with 12+ killers and 15+ survivors, each with 3 perks and the around 15 perks default for everyone.../ I know i jump the gun with perks while it's a add-ons thread but since both fall under the same RNG system i think it's worth speaking it out, as my improvement suggestion would be scrapping the bloodweb and using the Kill ur Friends skill-layout but u need to purchase and upgrade ur perks with bloodpoints, as for add-ons u purchase the unlock of add-ons but still pay additional bloodpoints if u wanna use them for a match.../ ofc if a survivor escapes with a item/add-ons he gets a refund in bloodpoints to make up but the RNG system needs to be removed! / RNG during a match due mapkind, maplayout, skillchecks and other stuff are fine... but not if u wanna gear urself up for the unknown trial

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I wouldn't mind that if it only worked for add-ons that rarity is:
    Brown, Yellow, (optional) Green

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

@pandorayr said:
    My proposal is the next: if the killer sacrifices 4 survivors (ruthless victory) he will not lose their items and addons.

I suppose that would be fine if you also had to risk 3K-6K BP to get your power every trial like survivors have to risk to start with a medkit, toolkit, or whatever before add-ons. And if the killer also got about the same BP per match as a survivor does...killers gets loads more over time.

• RinWaifu
    RinWaifu Member Posts: 41

@pandorayr said:

Yeah because is cool play against Huntress with Instadown every single match

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 597

@RinWaifu dijo:

@pandorayr said:

Yeah because is cool play against Huntress with Instadown every single match

but maybe the huntress don't will camping if he wants 4k to keep addons

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@BloodyNights said:
    Probably because survivors have zero counter play against a killers add-ons. And some of the killers add-ons are horribly unbalanced. ... Survivors also get way less blood points than killers on average probably to make up for losing add-ons every game.

This.
    If you play BBQ, you can buy one entire bloodweb on lvl 50 after playing 1 match. This means you can bring strong add-ons to every match. Add-ons that are super unbalanced with some killers. Prayer Beads Bracelet every game, yeah!

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Wow... that's a lot of salt in here...

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The issue is that even if the killer gets gen rushed they'll still likely come out with about 5k minimum or so whereas if a survivor dies early they might not break 1k.

If like someone else mentioned it was brown addons or even yellows it might be ok but even then some yellow addons are still pretty good. Throw in good players and the good player basically never have to buy again for the most part.

I ran into a Huntress several matches in a row with Iridescent Head, Infantry belt and Black Ward and I asked how many they had and they had a stockpile of 19 of each.

On my Spirit before I started burning through stuff to get ready for prestige I had 36 Black Wards, 45 Prayer Beads, 42 Glasses, etc I was so stockpiled it wasn't even funny.