We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Game disconnected teammate, could see killers load out

Options
bm33
bm33 Member Posts: 8,077

During a match the game disconnected my teammate, it also said the killer DC'd and he could see the killers load out. According to my teammate the game pretty much froze for him, he could see movement around him but he couldn't move/do anything just before getting disconnected. I wasn't disconnected but I was in the middle of dying.

We played a normal match as 2SWF on Mother's Dwelling. I was first chased/hooked. After unhook a random in chase with the killer ran them directly at me so killer would chase/down me again - neither of the 2 randoms made an attempt to rescue me so I died on my second hook. While I was on hook my teammate was chased and downed. It was while he was being carried and I was about to die that he said he couldn't wiggle, none of his inputs were working. He then was disconnected and few seconds later I was food for the entity.

On my end game screen it only showed my teammate as DCing and I couldn't see the killers load out. My teammate luckily didn't receive a DC penalty but did miss out on the BP and challenge progress he would've had so far in the match.

Steps to recreate

1. PS4, crossplay on, 2SWF, public match on Mothers Dwelling.

2. Play normal and see if you randomly get disconnected.

Here is screenshot of his end game screen.

Screenshot from my end game screen.

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• bm33
    Options

This happened a couple times again today to my swf teammate. Same thing, he was playing normal when all of a sudden he could no longer move his character, he was then booted to end game screen that showed him and the killer DC'd and could see the killers load out. Each time I was still in the match playing. It was against different killers than first time (Huntress and Knight) and different maps (Chapel and new one).

• RatMilkOwO
    RatMilkOwO Member Posts: 76
    Options

Was the error message "disconnected from host" cause I haven't been able to play for a good while cause of it and this is exactly what it does to me

• Cyranoz
    Cyranoz Member Posts: 7
    Options

Try to disable Killers challenge in Tome

• RatMilkOwO
    Options

I did that and it didn't work idk why this is such a common fix going around it just gives them more of a reason to dismiss the issue lol

• bm33
    Options

First time when I made this post there was no error message, I'll check to see if he had any error messages on the recent ones.

• RatMilkOwO
    Options

Get back to me on that if there isn't it's probably the same thing with no error message does he get a matchmaking penalty

• bm33
    Options

No penalty. The first time it happened on Friday we were able to head straight into a match. Today I was still in the matches for a bit and he restarted the game each time to see if that'd help so didn't check to see if there was a penalty - although I think today the penalty was turned off anyway thanks to the playstation cursor issue.

• RatMilkOwO
    Options

Lucky considering I get penalties so much because of the same issue lol

• bm33
    Options

This is still happening to my swf teammate. Before when the game would kick him he wouldn't get a DC penalty when this happened but after this update he is now getting penalties. His internet is fine. He's tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Normally if you get booted due to internet or purposely DC you don't see the killers load out. He's tested purposely DCing and he didn't see the killers load out with a DC on purpose. With the game kicking him he sees the killers load out every single time because it shows the killer having DC'd too even though the match is still going.

He gets kicked at random times in the match - sometimes it looks like beginning of game rage quit, sometimes it's mid match, and other times it's just as we're running out the door so he loses everything even though he played a full match. It's happened on different maps, against different killers, and him playing as different survivors/load outs.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 217
    Options

This has sadly been a recurring bug for years.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

This happens to me and my friend. One of us is on PS4, the other on Switch, we're on the same connection SWFing and we'll both get kicked at the exact same time. We don't lose internet connection, though, Dead by Daylight is the only thing that screws up. The end screen will make it look like that player and the killer both disconnected, and it will show the killer's perks. It really really sucks when that happens, because usually we've made a crapton of Bloodpoints and had a full match.