Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

The Self Preservation Challenge still doesn't work. (Archive 6, page 1) [PC]

ItsVee
ItsVee Member Posts: 1
edited November 2022 in Bug Reporting

Messaging the actual Support team with this has done a whole lot of nothing, so I'm trying to find some fix myself.

right, let's get the checkmarks out of the way

• Platform -> PC

• Description of the issue -> after completing the requirements (multiple times by the way) in a single trial, over multiple Trials, the Challenge still doesn't get finished. Funny enough, this is the only Challenge that is glitched for me.

• Steps to reproduce (if possible) see below.

• How often does this occur? I've tried for over two weeks now, for multiple hours a Day.

This is about Archive 6, Page 1, Challenge: Self Preservation (hide in a locker within 5 seconds of starting a chase with a killer)

The support team wanted me to only have Survivor challenges on, but needless to say, that didn't work.

here's everything I tried so far:

Hide in a locker within 5 seconds of a Chase starting

Hide in a locker for 5 seconds within 5 seconds of a Chase starting

Hide in a locker AFTER a chase started 5 seconds ago

Hide in a locker for 5 seconds AFTER a chase started 5 seconds ago

Deselect Killer challenges, so only survivor challenges are active, after that I:

Hid in a locker within 5 seconds of a Chase starting

Hid in a locker for 5 seconds within 5 seconds of a Chase starting

Hid in a locker AFTER a chase started 5 seconds ago

Hid in a locker for 5 seconds AFTER a chase started 5 seconds ago

Deselect Killer challenges, so only survivor challenges are active,

unequip everything,

no perks,

no item,

no add-ons,

no cosmetics,

no charms,

after that I:

Hid in a locker within 5 seconds of a Chase starting

Hid in a locker for 5 seconds within 5 seconds of a Chase starting

Hid in a locker AFTER a chase started 5 seconds ago

Hid in a locker for 5 seconds AFTER a chase started 5 seconds ago

I de-selected and reselected the Challenge

I restarted DbD every time I changed something

I rebooted my PC

I reinstalled DbD

*For context, I both fast-entered and fast-exited Lockers, and I both Slow-entered and slow-exited lockers.

While we're at it

I sent in multiple pieces of Video evidence that I did do everything the Challenge asked of me

I sent in my game logs.

and nothing. It's not like they can't restore lost or missing content.

I don't even need or want the Blood points, I just want it done for Completionist's sake

I am at my wits' end.

*edit: spelling is hard man

Post edited by ItsVee on
3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

If you notice, the same challenge is in Tome 4, level 1. I can't do this challenge for both tomes. It's been bugged for several months and it has also been acknowledged by the Devs (I repeat) SEVERAL months ago and still nothing. Those are the only challenges I need to complete and they both require me to go in a locker within "x" seconds of being in chase. I lost hope at this point.