Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Sacrifice score events need to be increased a bit.

The grind reduction was a massive success in my eyes, but there was a slight oversight that I would really like to be addressed. When the bloodpoint cap for each scoring category was increased from 8,000 to 10,000, it made it close to impossible to fill out the Sacrifice category for killer. See, unlike the other three, which have score events whose triggers are largely limitless and can theoretically be attained an infinite number of times in a match, the Sacrifice category has a hard cap of instances where you can earn points for it: 12, 1 for each hook phase.

You earn 500 points for hooking a survivor, and 200 points when they progress to the next stage of the sacrifice. In all, you earn 700 points for hooking someone. If you get a perfect 12 hook game, that only equates to 8400 Sacrifice points.

The only way to push past this number is to get hooks during the endgame collapse. You earn 250 points for each endgame hook, and 500 for each endgame sacrifice. This means, if you got that 12 hook game mentioned above, to hit the Sacrifice category cap you would need, at minimum, 3 endgame hooks, 2 of which are sacrifices.

It is mathematically impossible to fill the Sacrifice category without getting at least 2 endgame sacrifices. Even if, somehow, you managed to get all your hooks in the endgame collapse, by the time everyone was hooked twice you would only have 7600 points, needing 2400 more, and an endgame sacrifice only awards a collective total of 1450 bloodpoints.

I think requiring the killer player to specifically go for a perfect 12 hook game where they reserve two survivors to be killed after an exit gate has already been opened is unreasonable. Since the bloodpoint cap changes in June-July, I don't think I have once maxed out my Sacrifice category as a killer. I've managed to achieve several perfect 40k games as survivor, but even when farming endgame hooks I simply have never filled out Sacrifice.

The way to fix this is very simple. Increase the score event for hooking a survivor from 500 to 650 bloodpoints. 650 for hooking and 200 for the hook phase is 850 total; 10,000 / 850 = 11.76—ensuring that a 12 hook game guarantees a filled-out Sacrifice category, just like it did before the patch.

Comments

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

I've already created two topics before, but for some strange reason, the developers ignore the fact that no matter what you do, you will not be able to get maximum bp, unless the survivors fix all the generators and open the gate and in 2 minutes of collapse you don't do hanging for a set of maximum

• I think it’s just not on their shortlist. Obviously I’m not a dev and I don’t live in their heads but it feels pretty apparent to me that the current hook score events were calculated in a way to ensure that a killer who got 12 hooks would fill out the category and anything less would fail to do so—but that was far before the cap was upped to 10,000. I think this current issue is an oversight that they simply either don’t yet know about or aren’t prioritizing over more pressing issues.