Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Knight - Summon Guard Loop - Loses Power Rest of Game

Skaels
Skaels Member Posts: 92

I was on the new map, while chasing a survivor I summoned the guard (I believe a Carnifex) around a pallet, I was setting the path of the patrol through the pallet and it just suddenly snapped me back to my body. I'm 90% sure the survivor dropped the pallet on "the guard" while setting the patrol, I know I was right next to a pallet (while in the power animation setting the patrol route) when it happened.

I couldn't summon guards for the rest of the game and the noise that happens when you are setting a patrol just kept looping. I recorded the events after the bug occurred, similar to what you've shown here.

Example

Step 1 : Chase a survivor

Step 2 : Use power to summon Carnifex

Step 3 : Go near pallet in the set patrol mode

Step 4 : (I think) The survivor drops the pallet on or near me

Step 5: Get canceled out of your power but does not summon guard

Step 6: Game attempts to summon guard on a loop, power is not available to use

Step 7: Above I listed all the things that do not work to reset this issue

Some key things to note:

The green icon stays

The sound keeps playing as if you are setting a patrol

The guard never spawns as far as I recall

Things that do not reset the bug:

Breaking the pallet

Breaking gens

Hitting survivors

Exit Gates Opening

Leaving the area, none of these work to get your power back or end the loop.

Additional information

• The Knight
  • Perks played - In image
  • Map - New Map
  • Frequency of the issue - Once

I have a recording from after the bug occurred, showing the sound loop, the inability to use power etc. I can trim the video and post a clip if that will help? I'm also in the process of getting my logs.

My best guess as to the cause: You can safely ignore the babbling that will ensue.

This involves another bug that has the guards sometime kick a gen even when you don't click the attack button. My assumption is that both bugs combined makes it to where if you are setting a patrol route through a pallet, and the survivor drops the pallet, the bug that causes the guard to perform the break pallet action happens simultaneously with the pallet being dropped. But when the guard is trying to be summoned, it is not aware that there is a dropped pallet because since this results from another bug. The guard cannot perform the break pallet action and thus is not fulfilled in being summoned, so they stay in perpetuity waiting for an action that is impossible.

I thought I would fix this by breaking the pallet myself but this did nothing, so maybe I'm wrong. This problem seems a lot like the Mr. Meeseeks episode of Rick and Morty.

My other idea is that while doing a patrol route, we are using an augmented version of the Spirit's code, and if a pallet is dropped on top of us while in "set patrol route mode". It "stuns" us and thats why using the power was canceled. If so, being stunned would cancel the process of summoning the guard and result in the loop of a half summoned guard for the remainder of the game.

Clip from OhTofu's stream showing both bugs.

https://clips.twitch.tv/WanderingImpartialDoveDoubleRainbow-255-jBsaz3_bWmHA

#1 The bug where while setting patrol, they will break a wall without being told

#2 He started his power near a breakable wall and the guard tried to break the wall without pressing M1, then bugged out and lost his power the rest of the game.

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Skaels
    Skaels Member Posts: 92

clip from OhTofu's stream showing both bugs.

#1 The bug where while setting patrol, they will break a wall without being told

#2 He started his power near a breakable wall and the guard tried to break the wall without pressing M1, then bugged out and lost his power the rest of the game.

He said he's been playing all day and it only happened once. It's only happened once for me as well.

• Hex_Rural_LTE
    Hex_Rural_LTE Member Posts: 16

Just adding on that I've seen this bug twice so far.

Both times my method was just clicking my power and immediately dropping the guard. The interface element for the patrol route remains up for the rest of the game and I'm unable to use my power. Once on the new map, once on Midwich.

• gabcheban
    gabcheban Member Posts: 28

Looks like the standard visual bug also triggers this bug... I had this same bug and as in the screenshot and twitch clip, there is a standard in the path.

https://youtu.be/msNkXEJzyd0