Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Pressing Break While in Path Creation Mode will Automatically Break the Next Thing You Look At Next

NotJared
NotJared Member Posts: 442
edited November 2022 in Bug Reporting

Steps to Recreate:

As the Knight, start summoning a Guard, go to a breakable object like a wall, pallet, or generator in Path Creation Mode, and press the Break button to command the Guard to break the object.

As you reach the object, spam the button multiple times both before you reach the object, and spam the button after you've pressed the command.

The item you're looking at should be broken by a Guard - this is normal.

Now, start creating another path, and approach+look at another breakable object. Without pressing any buttons, your guard will automatically spawn and begin breaking it on its own.

EDIT: I just now noticed this is a duplicate entry, I missed the first entry; my apologies - feel free to close this thread!

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Skaels
    Skaels Member Posts: 92
    edited November 2022

I agree there is a bug that causes guards to break things without being told. However I'm not understanding what you mean by

"As you reach the object, spam the button multiple times both before you reach the object, and spam the button after you've pressed the command."

Is this as the killer or in the "patrol route mode" that you should be spamming the guard break.

Also in your case, is it required that you first break something with guards "normally" to get the bug to work? Does it only happen if you spam? Or is it just that there's a bug which causes guards to break things randomly.

I ask because if you've found a way to recreate the conditions that make the guards break something without being told that would be awesome.

edit: I reread your title, so what you're saying is if you press the attack button at all while in "set patrol mode" it will carry over and kick the next gen its in range of? Regardless of whether you pressed the button during the last "set patrol mode" ?

• NotJared
    NotJared Member Posts: 442

I apologize, I thought it was this, but on further testing I think it's either this, or spamming the Command Break button the instant I enter Creation Mode... I'm not quite sure what exactly triggers it, but it after a while it begins a series of automatic breaks, and then once it stops this series of automatic breaks, I may resume manual Commanding as normal

• Skaels
    Skaels Member Posts: 92

@NotJared no need to be sorry, that's still helpful!