If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Knight is kinda disappointing

Options
Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
edited November 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Tried out the new chapter today and I must say, The Knight is one of the most disappointing killers released so far. Maybe I just don't know his power well yet, but from what I've seen so far he's kinda weak.

His power is interesting in concept, but extremely weak which makes him boring to play as and to face. He has almost 0 map pressure which can get him gen rushed. His Guards are very slow and can be deactivated by survivors, also giving them a speed boost in the process. And the fact that survivors can see the Guards detection radius is kinda bad. He's an extremely cool killer, but his power needs a lot of adjustments to help him in other areas of the game.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,322
    Options

Cool idea, bad execution.

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137
    Options

Cool idea? What the hell are you guys talking about? "Hey, camping is a serious problem that needs addressing. Let's make a killer that can camp from long distance!" Because his power is so slow to activate, camping hooks is mainly what it's good for, so that's how it gets used. I couldn't imagine a worse design.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

Kinda makes ya glad that one dudes Legion rework which is basically Knight never went through 🤣.

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506
    Options

That doesn't mean much since MMR is a joke (thankfully), but right now I am doing really well with him. He looks pretty strong imo, but as someone who despises the gen kick meta, it worries me a little that he can execute that strategy way too well. 

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

And better yet, make your choice and monstrous shrine activate too because his orb counts as his current position and can just cancel when somebody goes for the save

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

He is literally only decent at zoning people at corner loops, otherwise his only real strength is to push one Survivor of the Generator, maybe block it for around six seconds with one of the two slow Guards, but that's it, he's quite boring to play due to him feeling extra weak, but also boring and unfun to face because he just zones you for free.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    Options

He could have been herding killer. If they totally nerfed "turn off this loop" strategy (by e.g. making you define pathing for at minimum 5s) and removed 1000000 tells of how I am using the power (like only use sound cue of where I am creating path) + all guards would be way quicker (say 110% for those 2 and 120% for assasin), you could have had something like a "tactical spirit" that herds survivor to you (with risk of them getting completely away). That could have been so much fun - and it looks like this might have been something devs wanted to achieve.