Map offerings should be a game forfeit

Options
RainehDaze
RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
edited November 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

You play one, you instantly lose at the start of the game. Doesn't matter what side, they're a stupid concept and completely antithetical to having fun.

Or maybe do the simple thing already and change how they work so people can maybe STOP being sent to The Game. Every. Damn. Time. What's that, you want moris or BP offerings or literally anything else? To the Game it is! Again!

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,409
    Options

That map must have done you dirty one too many times I'd wager!

It's not the offerings themselves, it's the imbalances of several of the maps that infuriate one side or the other. That's where the work needs to be done.

Besides, imagine running poop-yourself Myers in the corn šŸŒ½šŸŒ½

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    edited November 2022
    Options

It's both. Being sent to an unfavourable map repeatedly is frustrating (and particularly when it's not just been picked for being favourable but because they've built around it), but being sent to the same map to the point it verges on being the majority of games is just as bad. I feel like every time I don't run an anti-pallet build, out comes the five game sequence of playing on the pallet smashing simulator.

I still don't get why Sacrificial Ward is just as rare as any of the individual map offerings... and not refunded if it's not needed. It's the one way to guarantee fair RNG selection rather than just trying to counter it with your own and turn it into a coinflip, but you need literal prescience to utilise it?

green rarity bp cost, for nada

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    edited November 2022
    Options

Map offerings need to do the opposite of what they currently do, they need to deny that realm from appearing, and before anyone says "hurr durr but swfs will just use it to get favourable maps" remember that swfs currently do that anyway, so nothing much will change, aside from people can make a realm they hate go away from the pool

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,499
    Options

That'd be interesting. It would actually give them a much healthier purpose.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Its similar to the map ban system I've seen people suggest in the past

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

A number of streamers just quit before the game loads when the opposing side picks a map they dont want to play. That's pretty telling for a number of reasons. Most importantly it means there needs to be some map cleanup so the unfair maps are better balanced

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,786
    Options

I'd be down. Every time I see a Lerys offering I groan cos I know it's a scratched mirror Myers

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871
    Options

Especially since there are 18 realms.

A SWF team can eliminate a maximum of 4 of them.

There will always be 14 to choose from šŸ¤—

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 720
    Options

I'd only maps are balance for both sides, that I wouldn't have problems with Offerings in general. But since the Devs have not touch or fix up maps on a regular mid-chapter update. It would be much better change to make Map Offerings do the exact opposite, make it so that using a offering will removed the Realm you are being sent to from the random map pool. If a killer hates Corn, they can simply burn the cowshed offering, if Survivors dislikes the Game or Leroy because of some Huge TR build like Doctor, Myers, or even Starstruck Wesker; BAM., used those Offerings and you are free from going there.

Other nice Quality of Life improvements that can fix Map Offerings, make the sacrifice ward yellow Offering, make just as common as a regular Map Offering, as I find it strange that this Offering is much more rare then Ultra Red Offerings/addons. You could also buff Sacrificial Ward to also make sure that every Map Offerings burn. Regardless if you burn 4 Offerings or less; so that it straight up removed the abuse from SWF whom exploit the map's imbalance and bring meta builds for those maps specifically. It would help streamers or average killer players not deal with the frustration of Bully SWFs alot