If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

PC - When using controller and mouse together, certain inputs do not work properly anymore

Options

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Plug in XBOX controller and use in tandem with mouse to play (left stick on controller moves character, mouse to control camera)

Step 3a : Make sure killer controls have 'use power' assigned to right mouse button and left trigger on controller

Step 3b : Make sure survivor controls have "interact" on left mouse button

Step 4a : When playing killer, 'use power' on right mouse button does not work at all while moving with left stick. Player needs to let go of left stick completely (stop moving) in order to 'use power'

Step 4b : When playing killer, 'use power' on left trigger does not work at all while controlling camera with mouse. Player needs to stop moving mouse completely (spinning camera) in order to 'use power'

Step 5 : When playing survivor, 'interact' on left mouse button does not work at all while moving. Player needs to let go of left stick completely (stop moving) in order to 'interact'

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• As you can see, this is a serious problem when controlling my character. Needing to stop moving completely in order to use my power as killer is a game breaker. Likewise, as survivor, I am unable to interact with hooks, generators, and totems (as well as heal - any interaction) with left mouse button until I have stopped moving completely with left stick. This kills the flow of the game as these short split second actions are extremely important in a game that is balanced so finely around being chased by or approached by the killer, and important when chasing a survivor as killer.

• I've observed that using 'attack' (assigned to left mouse button) while moving with left stick on controller still works as intended. I've also observed that vaulting (actions command) with right mouse button while moving with left stick still works as intended. This implies that the issue does not lay in using the two devices in tandem. Nor is it specific buttons such as right mouse or left trigger. It seems to be the killer 'interact' command and the survivor 'actions' command specifically that do not work unless use of the other device is halted completely.
  • I have over 10,000 hours played across multiple systems. I've been here since the beginning. I play this game almost every single day for 6 years now I believe. I have settled down with PC as my platform of choice, simply because I can use my controller with the mouse. It is the best of both worlds. Pinpoint accuracy with my mouse while having analogue controls with the left stick. I have been using this control layout on both XBOX game pass (PC) and the Steam versions of the game for years, flawlessly. The most recent update broke this. I would like to note that I have never gotten any input lag or frame drops while using both devices in tandem, as many other bug reports have claimed over the years (I searched for my problem specifically).
  • Thank you

DOCUMENTS TO ADD

• I do not believe that adding any screenshots, videos, or logs is necessary to replicate this game breaking bug. Just plug in a controller and perhaps reassign a button or two. Then test.
3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Alphamav
    Alphamav Member Posts: 41
    Options

I started having this issue as well about the same time, I tried uninstalling windows update KB4023057 that I installed on the 19th, but that didn't resolve. It seems the only other update was the last patch/hotfix

• ShartMasterGeneral
    Options

Now I'm having serious frame drops when using the mouse. Played this game daily since day one and they have officially broke the game. I mean it's not even playable anymore. Haven't acknowledged my bug report yet and really, It's clearly time to shelf this god forsaken game. This company is clearly not in the business of quality customer service.

• theonlyreasonwhy
    theonlyreasonwhy Member Posts: 29
    Options

Why has this never been addressed officially? Is this problem still ongoing? Might buy this game for PC but I won't depending on if this issue persists

• Alphamav
    Alphamav Member Posts: 41
    Options

FWIW, reassigning actions to RMB did not resolve the missing action prompt when moving camera with mouse and character with stick. I have to fully stop the mouse to get the vault prompt, etc.