Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors Should Care About Killer's Fun

13»

Comments

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I understand where you're coming from, and in an ideal world, both sides would enjoy every match. However, this is just unrealistic: expecting the opposition to play how you deem fair/fun will only cause disappointment.

For example, saying 'the killer deserves that gen being left alone" is really flawed, and is essentially the same as saying a killer shouldn't grab/attack a survivor who's at a hook for a rescue because 'they deserve the save', or not cleansing a 5-stack Devour Hope 'because the killer earned it'. You see the issue? Sure, these are nice/friendly ways to play, but it's a whole other thing to expect the opposite side to play in this way.

As far as I'm concerned, aside from bad manners, cheating, or exploiting glitches, everything is fair game. Is being tunelled/camped fun for a survivor? No. Is having 3 gens pop before you even get a hook fun for a killer? Certainly not, but as I said, you can't expect every single of the thousands of players online at any given time to play exactly how you deem fun, fair, and interactive.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

I certainly don’t need survivors to play mercifully with me. Even if 2-3 gens pop before I get a down, I generally still snowball with a single hook. Hooking one survivor, if one plays their cards right, quite often assures a 2-3K.

As a survivor, I do not believe in providing reprieve to killers either. They’ll earn their win or they’ll lose.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

This is generally me too! I think the problem is that some people have their minds set on that 4K kill/escape.

Usually for me it comes down to a mistake either on my part of theirs and honestly I have more fun in a game where something “spontaneously” happens like that, than when I see people trying to actively cheese playstyles/mechanics to gain an advantage.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Your mistake going for that 8 hooks before finishing anyone off. You should aim something in middle. For example hook survivor A then B then A then C then A again now you got one survivor out only with 5 hooks without tunneling or camping. If you go for 8 hooks you have to accept you don't maybe get 4K. But I still take that over tunneling or camping it's much more fun and skillful unless I want my kill stats to look better and most likely reward you with pip. Whereas camping can even cause depip even if you get 3-4K. But anyway when im loading into a game it says killer main objective is to hook survivors.