Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

White Ward Offering Broken

BringShaggytoDBD
BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412
edited June 2023 in Bug Reporting

Just played a game as Vittorio on PS5. I equipped Ranger Med-Kit, Gel Dressings and Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe and then used White Ward (Burning this offering grants protection against the loss of your item and add-ons).

During the game I used the Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe and managed to escape. Once the game was over I lost the Med-Kit and Gel Dressings (I only had 1 before the game and 0 once the game finished).

If this is intended because I used the Syringe, I think the offering needs to be more clear. I was under the impression my Med-Kit and Add-ons were protected from loss, when clearly they weren't.

Post edited by Rizzo on
2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,751

You need to still have the item in your hand. Using the syringe destroys the medkit. It’s not a bug.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,996

The protection on the items is protection if you die (whilst holding the item - so if the killer doesn't have Franlins for example), and it is not a protection of the item if it's used in the match.

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412

Thanks Mandy, that's good to know. Is it not possible to add a bit more info on the offering itself? I've been playing for 5 years and didn't know that. Must be even more confusing for new players.

Could be as simple as:

"Burning this offering grants protection against the loss of your item and add-ons if you die or escape whilst holding your item".

This discussion has been closed.