The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Eruption is way too unhealthy for the game

smexxyhexxy
smexxyhexxy Member Posts: 39
edited December 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

How do you expect solo queue players (who are most of the playerbase) to know when their teammate is about to get downed? The perk has no counterplay, unlike pain resonance.

This perk not just stops survivors from doing ANYTHING for 30 seconds, it also makes the generator regress additionally.

It’s way too overturned and problematic, how would you change it?

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Slightly lower duration give regression equal to what would have been gained during that duration

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I've seen a few ideas that let survivors react to the perk within half a second or so to let go. I think that's a good direction for it.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

I think that would kill the perk. Even a very small window to react would lead to every survivor dodging the effect 100% of the time if they have half a brain cell.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Beats the piss out of just unequivocally gutting it, like what's inevitably going to happen.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

so is dead hard yet it's still in the game.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Either add a skillcheck like Oppression

Or just make the Gen unrepairable for the 25 seconds

Or... or both

• Starrseed

That would be a flat out nerv cause the effect right now affects more then just gens

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546
    edited December 2022

But it helps out Solo queue Survivors... and it's those Survivors whom are complaining about the perk

Also who cares if it's a nerf or not... it's a change for the better

• Starrseed

Yeah but we want to make perks more healthy and keep them worth taking we have to much perks already that are crap and we have to much perks that do the same thing. We don't need to nerf eruption we need to buff solo q

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

Honestly at this point I don't care if they make Eruption even stronger as long as they make the incapacitation less.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Let's start the conversation in a far more simple way: Gen speed completion times and the killer's base regression are completely out of synch. The killer should need to feel they need to bring more than one regression perk and have a fun game that is not over in 5 minutes.

Medkits and toolboxes needed to be changed when they did the 6.0 converssion so that no item/perk has more than a 10% effect on gen speeds. Medkits should probably all be at "self care" speeds but better kits have more charges. Toolboxes should probably be changed to sabotage only unless you have addons that let you use it on a generator. And absolutely hyperfocus should not be affected by a toolbox in a positive way (see autodidact).

There should never be a 40 second generator as that is part of the game we should have left behind years ago unless the killer can kick a generator with no perks and have it be completely reset to zero in 90 seconds. Which of course would mean that CoB and Overcharge would be insane levels of gen regression.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

Let me make a perk comparison. Pop and Pain Res give regression from getting hooks, which are gotten from downs. Yet almost nobody uses those perks anymore. That's because by the time you get the hook or the kick, the gen could be done.

Having Eruption activate on the down instead of the hook or the kick means that killer not only saves time, but they're also able to actually stop the gens before it's done. And that's only possible if they waste the time to kick the gen beforehand AND they get the down quick enough, because time to down in this game is a lot for most killers. Solo does not change any of these conditions I've mentioned. It's essentially the same perk.

What popular opinion claims is that, "It's unfair against solos." In reality, SWF is unfair against it, because it loses the small chance of the element of surprise since someone can call out "the killer kicked that gen!" That intuition and observation isn't absent from solo, but in SWF your teammates' eyes and ears are yours as well. So the script is completely flipped in this discussion. The perk isn't strong against solo; it's weak against SWF.