Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

( PC ) - No Environmental, Passive, or Interactive Audio When Playing Killer

When I booted up the game for the 2nd time today and loaded into my first public trial, I was playing Blight on Dead Dawg, I noticed that upon breaking a wall there was no audio for the wall itself. There was audio for the weapon hitting the object, but no sound from the object itself.

I thought this was a one time issue, or maybe just an issue with Blight and pallets/walls - but as the trial continued and I found my first survivor, upon hitting them, they did not make an injured sound. By the end of the trial, I noticed that there was absolutely none of the following:

• Pallets or Breakable wall sfx
  • Injured or down survivors sfx (the cries of pain or screams when hit/downed)
  • Generator sfx (both when being repaired and when being completed)
  • Fast Vaulting sfx
  • Loud Noise Notifications (unhooking, failing skill checks, fast vaults from far away)
  • Survivors dropping sfx
  • Survivors screaming on hook sfx
  • Rift sfx (interacting with a purple glyph for a rift challenge)

The only noise that I could hear consistently throughout the trial was any sfx that originated from me / the blight, including his rushing sfx, colliding, ambient goopy little noises, and my own chase music.

Originally I thought this was a one time thing, and particularly with Blight as I had known he has had recent sound bugs. However, for my next trial, I played Knight, and the same exact issue happened. Public lobby, absolutely no ambient or interactive sounds. I DC-ed as I was not going to play another trial like this.

The trial I had played before Blight, I played as Pinhead/The Cenobite, and everything had worked as usual. However it seems after I played that one Blight trial, my killer trials have completely lacked any sound aside from ones tied to the character I'm playing. My load outs were as followed, along with maps played, for the affected trials.

Trial 1: Blight on Dead Dawg Saloon

• Perks; Hubris, Spirit Fury, Enduring, and Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance
  • Add-Ons; Plague Bile and Blighted Rat

Trial 2: Knight on Eyrie of Crows

• Perks; Trail of Torment, Overcharge, Eruption, Nowhere to Hide
  • Add-Ons; Grim Iron Mask and Ironworker's Tongs

I'll be adding my logs below given I'm on PC. I've yet to relaunch the game as the bugs left me a little disheartened and I got caught up on something else, but being unable to hear close by survivor moments and generators heavily impaired my ability to play and I'm ultimately curious if it's something possibly to do with my PCs drivers or on the game's end itself.

Thank you to whomever is reading this, have a nice evening!

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated