Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Killer controls still laggy & unresponsive after bugfix & wiggle skill checks still bugged (Steam)

AykDanroyd
AykDanroyd Member Posts: 232
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

I thought all the things that 6.4.0 broke would be fixed in the bugfix but they weren't.

Killer controls are still messed up. I was playing as Plague just now and was only able to use her vomit power like 1 out of every 3-5 times I tried. Yes, that's right, they worked only 20-33% of the time and it's unacceptable!!!! How the hell is this still not fixed? Killer is unplayable like this. I used controller & mouse and I know there was a framerate issue reported by others who play the same way. I'm not having a framerate issue, but I am having major issues regarding using killer powers and interacting with generators, lockers, breaking pallets, doing grabs/attacks on vaulting survivors, and hooking survivors. This will certainly make it impossible to get certain killer challenges in Level 4 of the current Tome done and will also make it impossible to get any decent ranks for killer before the 12/13/22 reset. This needs to be fixed ASAP and players affected should be rewarded with bloodpoints AND shards. I can't believe how a bug affecting basic/core gameplay has STILL not been fixed.

Also on the survivor side, the wiggle skill checks are still messed up. The lag on the wiggle skill checks seems to be reduced but there is still some and many times I still get skill checks while being placed on hook. Also sometimes the skill check gauge remains on screen even after I am unhooked and walking/running. This seems to happen on/after 1st hook. It also happens on 2nd hook but the subsequent skill checks make the one that's stuck on screen go away when they start popping up. But even on 2nd hook, when it happens the skill check gauge lingers longer on screen than it should (it's still there when the camera changes view as the survivor first starts trying to block the entity from impaling them). Here is part of a screenshot I took where I was running as Nea in the temple of purgation and the frozen/bugged skill check gauge was still on screen well after I was unhooked:

I expected this to be fixed before Level 4 of Tome 13 was released and it hasn't. It's complete BS if these core problems remain even during any winter event there may be.

FIX THESE ASAP! Especially the killer controls and any other issues for players who use controller & mouse because those are flat out ruining the game.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• AykDanroyd
    AykDanroyd Member Posts: 232
    edited December 2022

After tonight, I'll be taking another few days off from this game and if it's not fixed within 3 days max I'm done with this game and will delete it. I have better things to do with my time than waste it on a fruitless and futile experience.

Already the survivor side has been ruined by a plethora of crap killer players who can't do anything but tunnel & camp along with a disaster of a solo queue where survivors have been screwed over with the perk rework plus screwed even more with broken killers who were made especially easy to appease the average no-skill killer players that BHVR caters to these days (and they STILL play toxic even with those easy, broken killers). Not to mention a buff for bloodlust during chases which makes it even easier for killers to now catch survivors and perks like Lethal Pursuer, Eruption, Hysteria, Hubris, Plaything, Starstruck, and so many others that killers in DBD were never meant to have (yes I agree the same about Boon perks for survivor but they still don't come near the level of the perks new killers from the Trickster onwards have been given). Now the killer side has also been ruined (at least for me and other players who use controller & mouse) by broken controls.

There's pretty much no reason to play this game anymore. There is no wonder I am seeing DC rates at the levels I'm seeing these days (especially since 6.4.0 where it's shot up even more) and I can't really blame them. BHVR is literally killing its own game by not caring.